Thread: Help with Star Wars Trilogy Arcade (Sega Model 3)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0) LimeiBook86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the advice! I tried an actual degaussing ring and it didn't have an effect. So something must have happened when it fell. Oh well, maybe I'll figure it out. But it isn't bad to play it how it is really.

Thanks!
    -Steven

Insert Coin (Level 0) LimeiBook86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

(duplicate post sorry).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Need help with error code and joystick problems

Hello,

First off I'm so glad I found this forum and all you helpful peeps! My buddy's wife bought him a Stars Wars Trilogy Deluxe Arcade game. The day she purchased it, we tested it and everything worked pretty good. We had to move it to the basement, and this is where the problem stars. (Man that was a scary day!) So we unhooked the wiring harnesses for relocation. One of the harnesses was all cracked and fell apart as I unhooked it. I believe this is the one that goes to the Y axis motor. It is a 10 pin. Their where two wires pulled loose from another harness (both black wires). I believe this goes to the lights on the back of the chair. We have the service manual but the wiring diagrams are not clearly printed.

After relocation I made up the wires on the 10 pin to match up with the 10 pin on the x axis motor. I had to guess on the two blacks that got down under the seat. So now we are having issues with the Y axis (target Moving up and down). When you start up the machine is says something about joystick configuration error. And tells you to reboot. Before the relocation the joystick went through a smooth movement phase during this process. Now it is only goes to the left, then center, then left a couple times with hard clicks. no Y axis movement.

So here is what we have done so far!
    1st we re-calibrated the joystick.
    2nd we tested the Y axis potentiometer. It tested good!
    3rd we wired a similar potentionmeter to replace the one above. It was a 5k but didn't fit the gear so we had to manualy move it during test phase.
    4th we traced the damaged harnesses to see where they went.
    5th we found the error code LCD. It read ER 20. From according to our repair book that is referring to the x axis.
    6th we opened up everything and cleaned machine free of dust, soda, and coins!

We can get into the test mode and get the game to load up, just no up and down movement. We also don't have the vibration in the joystick!
    Please let me know if you need any other information, or if you have any suggestions. My friends birthday party is this weekend and I would love to be able to have this up and running for him. He is devastated that his wife bought such an expensive and heavy paper weight.

Lastly we need to adjust the monitor also. I believe the only way is with the remote. Which we don't have. So if any other suggestion on how or where to find the remote, they will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Jeffrey

I live in Waynesbor, VA

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Have you tested the voltage at the control panel end? The pots working is one thing, but usually there's an issue with the ground on the controls when there's no read at all.