Thread: Help with Star Wars Trilogy Arcade (Sega Model 3)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0) LimeiBook86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help with Star Wars Trilogy Arcade (Sega Model 3)

Update Got the game running! But now I need help with the monitor, please see below. Thanks!

Hello everyone,

This is my first jump into the world of arcades, so please forgive me for asking newbie questions or not knowing the correct terminology. I would appreciate any assistance possible.

I recently purchased a Star Wars Trilogy Arcade off eBay, this weekend I drove to pick it up and I finally have it in it's temporary home of my room. Now the machine works says the seller (and I have photos of it up and running too), but it's beat up, the wood panels have cracks and it's in a bit rough shape (The machine fell down while in transport before I bought it). So needless to say it isn't the prettiest arcade -- but it works!

Only issues I know of is that the display isn't perfect, besides the usual burn-in I saw some of the colors were "off" or not showing up, but that's not the issue I need help with today...

My problem:

When I went to pick the machine up the guy had basically everything disconnected or unplugged. The Model 3 Game board itself was not disconnected thankfully. Now I have the manual, but I'm still hesitant of course, I don't want to fry this thing and it doesn't show many wiring diagrams.

I have the power supply and large power board (sorry I don't know what else to call this - it's a large board with what looks to me like power supply related elements) attached with most of the cables, but there are a few lose cables and I think one fuse is missing from the large power board. I don't want to plug it in or turn it on until I am sure everything is connected correctly. The last thing I want to do is break the poor machine I just lugged home over 200 miles.

So I'm wondering if anyone here may be able to assist me. I guess what I'm looking for is any wiring diagrams or photos. I'll be happy to take photos tonight of my setup and what is plugged into where.

I would appreciate any help on this subject as I'm eager to power this thing on and give it a go.

Thank you!
    -Steven
    Last edited by LimeiBook86; 04-13-2011 at 10:07 AM.