Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Solatorobo: Red the Hunter announced for North America and Europe

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yeah, and Silent Bomber got a US release as well, prior to the endless flood of .hack and Naruto games.

But even given that, I still think we're very lucky to be getting Solatorobo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Particularly since it looked for a LONG time like we weren't going to be getting it anywhere outside Japan.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

In my earlier question I meant CyberConnect2's original properties, not games created for others under contract. Because looking at the company's Web site, I don't see any games that belong to them that were published in the U.S. other than Sola and Concerto.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

That's basically all they've made, sadly. Tail Concerto, Silent Bomber, and Solatorobo are the only non-Naruto/.hack games they've released so far. And they had to fight tooth and nail to get the funding to create Solatorobo, so Bandai really hasn't valued them outside of endlessly cranking out Naruto and .hack games.

Although, unless I'm mistaken, .hack was an original CC2 property. I'm pretty sure the games came first, or at least simultaneously. It's not an anime-licensed series like with the Naruto games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Now that it's gone gold, Xseed have posted photos of the packaging. And it's gorgeous <3 <3 <3

They also revealed in the latest localization blog that the DLC quests from the JP and PAL versions are going to be coming pre-enabled on the cart. Yay!

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9088245

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Very nice. Too bad they didn't show everything, but maybe the other stuff wasn't finalized yet when the photo was taken.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcice View Post
    Now that it's gone gold, Xseed have posted photos of the packaging. And it's gorgeous <3 <3 <3

They also revealed in the latest localization blog that the DLC quests from the JP and PAL versions are going to be coming pre-enabled on the cart. Yay!

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9088245
    Awesome. But also enough to cause me to cancel my Amazon preorder because I know they will crush that outer box. Looks like it's either the local Gamestop or Gamedude for me on this one.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Awesome. But also enough to cause me to cancel my Amazon preorder because I know they will crush that outer box. Looks like it's either the local Gamestop or Gamedude for me on this one.

Oooh, didn't think about that... I think I'll cancel my Amazon order as well and just preorder at Gamecock-er, stop.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Is the CD just if you preorder it or does it come with all first run copies?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

It comes with all first run copies. Xseed said that they've had a lot of bad experiences with people not getting their preorder bonuses and whatever, so they prefer including it with all first-run copies instead.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

And, in all likelihood, the game will probably never get a second run, so all copies period.

I'm not worried about buying it from Amazon. I mean, I'm sure the CD case and game case will pack the outer box tight. Unless you're worried about their shrinkwrap squishing the corners a little bit. Still not concerned either way. This will just be a sidepiece to my Japanese collector's edition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Yeah, the Japanese collector's edition is AMAZING. I'm glad I bought it <3 <3 <3

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

But are you _sure_ you want the Americanized version? I like how Nintendo of Europe's translation calls all of the young men "youths" instead of "boys." Sounds more European just like this game should considering its France-like setting.

Then again, when I see an inexpensive American copy of this game sitting somewhere in the future, I'll probably buy it just to have a "more complete collection" and that embossed box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

I'm playing in French, doesn't matter to me.

But yes, I don't think Americanizing it was really necessary. I don't actually know much much of the script they changed.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm crazy enough about this game that I'm sure I'll pick up the European version too someday, haha.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I don't think Americanizing it was really necessary. I don't actually know much much of the script they changed.
    Eh, there's some official "devblogs" which read more like ramblings that the American publisher posted on some gaming news Web site. I'm sure if you did a Web search on the name of the game or company along with "dev journal" you'd find it.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    And, in all likelihood, the game will probably never get a second run, so all copies period.

I'm not worried about buying it from Amazon. I mean, I'm sure the CD case and game case will pack the outer box tight. Unless you're worried about their shrinkwrap squishing the corners a little bit. Still not concerned either way. This will just be a sidepiece to my Japanese collector's edition.
    When I ordered the Wii Super Mario All Stars from Amazon last year, it arrived in a bubble envelope and the outer box was beat all to hell. Fortunately, I found a flawless copy at TRU and returned the beat up copy.

So yeah, while I generally have no problem with my Amazon orders, I just have a feeling something would go wrong this time.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Ah, strange. I don't think I've ever received anything from Amazon that wasn't in a cardboard box. Usually games are in a box, shrinkwrapped to another piece of cardboard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Yes, I can't remember the last time I received anything from Amazon that wasn't in a box, except 3rd party seller stuff. Even stuff that blatantly could survive a bubble envelope.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes, I can't remember the last time I received anything from Amazon that wasn't in a box, except 3rd party seller stuff. Even stuff that blatantly could survive a bubble envelope.
    It depends on which warehouse your items are fulfilled from. In California, we get items from the Nevada fulfillment center and they are notorious for sending stuff in boxes too large, too small and more recently, using bubble pouches for cardboard boxed collector's editions. When Atlus was doing their cardboard boxed DS games with soundtrack, I literally had to return each one twice to Amazon (the replacements were sent the same way and got smashed all over again) and buy them locally instead. It was pretty awful. If something doesn't come in a sturdy case, I basically can't buy it from Amazon because I know it will arrive damaged.