Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stupidity of Earthbound

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DoggWhiskey

Yes, I am aware. Its still not price fixing. eBay isn't perfect, but there is still a good amount of bidding for items. No one is going to constantly have their friends upbid items over and over again that they never able to sell anything. The fees add up.

The economics of this is simple. The demand is really high, and the price reflects that.
    Life is like a hurricane...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    I've always thought that if I ever had a time machine, I'd go back to the 90s and buy new copies of Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, FFIII, Secret of Mana, and all the other stupid SNES RPGs, then return to the present with all the games still mint and sell them all on ebay in one lot for around $5,000. There would be one nintendo fanboy out there who would buy it. Probably more than one.
    If I had a time machine, buying SNES games would be pretty damn low on my list of priorities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    If I had a time machine, buying SNES games would be pretty damn low on my list of priorities.
    Amen brother. Where's a box of 1952 Topps when you need one or buying some 1911 stock of IBM or Yahoo IPO when you can have EarthBound. Yeee-hurrr.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Maybe I didn't make myself clear at the beginning. But I'm not looking for any pity or sympathy, especially not from the lemming Earthbound fanboys, some of whom seem to be present on this site. I was simply stating facts.

FACT1: Earthbound is overpriced and I'm not paying more than $40 for it.
    FACT2: The idiot retardo fanboys have jacked up the price because they've believed all the hype surrounding a game that's slightly above average at best.
    FACT3: Because of FACT2, the ebay auctions for it are a joke.
    FACT4: Thus, refer back to FACT1.

And don't give me all this market economics nonsense blah blah blah....That was the same kind of attitude that got us into trouble with Wall Street. Morons investing in garbage while the fat cats laughed their butts off to the bank. If you guys want to continue being gullible chumps, then go ahead, but I sure as hell am not paying a lot for a nonrare, nonvaluable mediocre game.

thank you.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurnToPlay View Post
    Maybe I didn't make myself clear at the beginning. But I'm not looking for any pity or sympathy, especially not from the lemming Earthbound fanboys, some of whom seem to be present on this site. I was simply stating facts.

FACT2: The idiot retardo fanboys have jacked up the price because they've believed all the hype surrounding a game that's slightly above average at best.

And don't give me all this market economics nonsense blah blah blah....That was the same kind of attitude that got us into trouble with Wall Street. Morons investing in garbage while the fat cats laughed their butts off to the bank. If you guys want to continue being gullible chumps, then go ahead, but I sure as hell am not paying a lot for a nonrare, nonvaluable mediocre game.

thank you.
    Fact1: Earthbound is more valuable to others than myself. Shouldn't have posted the thread either...
    Fact2: The idiot retardo OP can't tell when someone is trying to help him.
    Fact3: Because of Fact2, thread is a waste of time.
    Fact4: Goto Fact1 Else End if you have the shotgun equipped.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SP4C3FL34
    PSN
    ArrowShockwave

Quote Originally Posted by DuckTalesNES View Post
    The economics of this is simple. The demand is really high, and the price reflects that.
    You probably think gas is getting so high because of nothing more than demand too, and you'd be severely incorrect. There is far more to economics than simple supply and demand.
    Be Attitude For Gains...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    I've always thought that if I ever had a time machine, I'd go back to the 90s and buy new copies of Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, FFIII, Secret of Mana, and all the other stupid SNES RPGs, then return to the present with all the games still mint and sell them all on ebay in one lot for around $5,000. There would be one nintendo fanboy out there who would buy it. Probably more than one.
    Yes...because THAT is the best use of a time machine for money-making.... *sigh*

Glad others noticed that too...
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gavica View Post
    . The best response to my rant. I'm still frustrated by all the Earthbound ebay retards, but that pic is awesome. Nicely done sir.

Insert Coin (Level 0) cheaterdragon1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you want this game specifically for playing then you could just drop $100 on it, Play it, enjoy it, whatever. Then sell it again. You'll have no problem trying to get your money back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DoggWhiskey

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceFlea View Post
    You probably think gas is getting so high because of nothing more than demand too, and you'd be severely incorrect. There is far more to economics than simple supply and demand.
    Where did I say anything about gas prices? Gas supply is controlled by a cartel, which is nothing like the supply of Earthbound auctions. Of course there is far more to economics than supply and demand, but you'd be amazed at how much can be described by "simple" supply and demand. The price for Earthbound can be completely described by it.
    Life is like a hurricane...

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

If I had a time machine....

Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry the price is out of control, but if I can (and I have) sell it for $125-140 for just the plain cartridge, I will! I've been able to sell 4 copies (none of them in what I'd call Very Good or Near Mint) for prices of $125, $125, $135, and $140 in the past 2 months.
    - Excellent deals on used video games from the 8 and 16-bit era. Better than eBay prices almost every time!

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DuckTalesNES View Post
    ...Of course there is far more to economics than supply and demand, but you'd be amazed at how much can be described by "simple" supply and demand. The price for Earthbound can be completely described by it.
    More or less. It's simple because Earthbound is not deemed blackmarket contraband and also it's sale is not forcefully regulated. With things like that, it's buyers that determine prices. Collusion is out on it's face.

MyTurn obviously wants a copy of Earthbound, he just values what he can get with that expense in other things more. Either way, his desires are served more than they are frustrated.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

But I'm not looking for any pity or sympathy, especially not from the lemming Earthbound fanboys, some of whom seem to be present on this site.
    Earthbound fanboys? On this forum? I've never seen anyone assert such in the years I've been here. Personally, I really like Earthbound. Its bizarre juxtaposition of "America" and numerous oddities coupled with a general human sense of compassion made it special in my book. But wait! Not so fast! The game is all I own. I've never played Mother 3. In fact, out of my big stack of personal game fanart, I have none related to Earthbound. None. There's Mario, Pokemon, Metroid, and countless others. I really don't know why, that's just how it is.

The most fanboyish I've been over the game is recommending it every so often, and describing why I enjoyed it. Nothing more.
    Just thought I'd toss that out there in the case you decided to play the super-special-awesome fanboy card.

Why would fanboys pay for what they already have? Why would they just go jack-up auctions to keep the price up? Your "reasons" are no more than hasty generalizations produced in retaliation to what is and will be.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't seem to purchase a single copy of Earthbound for the SNES on ebay without blowing about $120. Why!?! Because all these fanboy lemmings have jacked up the price because some other idiot told them the game is rare and valuable...when we all know the game is neither valuable or better than Chrono Trigger which sells below $30.

Meanwhile, a copy of Little Samson which is legitimately rare also costs about $120 loose....and this game almost never comes up on ebay. Meanwhile there's over 30 copies of Earthbound on ebay right now but somehow it commands the same price? That's retarded.

So what's the lesson in all this? The lesson is: When you have zombie gamer morons who'll believe any made up story, you're gonna get stupid results like the ones we're seeing. Please oh please can you people stop overpaying for a games that's not worth more than $40! That way those of us who are not gullible pricks might actually have a chance of playing this game on a SNES.

thank you.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Earthbound-SNES-...item20b893477d Pay up buddah , its totally worth it
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

So, is anyone who has a CIB willing to hold it for six months so I can save up for it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

When an honest seller puts a game up for auction at a fair start price, it's not their responsibility to stop suckers from placing laughable bids. The people bidding in that case are doing so willfully. If still idiots for not researching the item's real worth.
    Lum fan.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    So, is anyone who has a CIB willing to hold it for six months so I can save up for it?
    In six months? It'll cost you your first born child, a kidney, a first mortgage, and second mortgage on your house. You may as well trade your house for Earthbound.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 04-25-2011 at 04:27 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.