Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stupidity of Earthbound

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Double post.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I doubt it'll have raised in price that much.

After all, I searched online last fall and it was still in the $450-$500 range then, too.

It's just as I said earlier though... if I'm gonna pay 100 for a cart anyway, why not blow the load and get something worth treasuring?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So at 500 bucks Earthbound is a neo geo game now?
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

My opinion is that the title should not read "The Stupidity of Earthbound" but instead "the Stupidity of People Buying Earthbound at Insane Prices".
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fanboy

"I can't seem to purchase a single copy of Earthbound for the SNES on ebay without blowing about $120. Why!?! "

I am an Earthbound fanboy, I usually bid on all the Earthbound items on ebay at $119. Dammit I always get beaten in the end. What's a fanboy to do to get Earthbound? Oh wait I already have the game from years ago... I may as well become a Radiant Silvergun fanboy. Speaking of fanboys, if you don't like the Earthbound fanboys then what about those Neo Geo AES Fanboys? Damn them for shooting up Metal Slug, Pulstar, Blazing Star etc. Those games aren't worth more than $20 cause I can download them on the Wii and play them in component. Damn Fanboys!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by staxx View Post
    I am an Earthbound fanboy, I usually bid on all the Earthbound items on ebay at $119. Dammit I always get beaten in the end. What's a fanboy to do to get Earthbound? Oh wait I already have the game from years ago...
    So you basically bid on items you already have.

Why? Why are you bidding on a game you already own?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Earthbound

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    So you basically bid on items you already have.

Why? Why are you bidding on a game you already own?
    p.s. I actually don't. I am just adding to the fun of the thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by staxx View Post
    p.s. I actually don't. I am just adding to the fun of the thread.
    Ah ok, nevermind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurnToPlay View Post
    I can't seem to purchase a single copy of Earthbound for the SNES on ebay without blowing about $120. Why!?! Because all these fanboy lemmings have jacked up the price because some other idiot told them the game is rare and valuable...when we all know the game is neither valuable or better than Chrono Trigger which sells below $30.

Meanwhile, a copy of Little Samson which is legitimately rare also costs about $120 loose....and this game almost never comes up on ebay. Meanwhile there's over 30 copies of Earthbound on ebay right now but somehow it commands the same price? That's retarded.

So what's the lesson in all this? The lesson is: When you have zombie gamer morons who'll believe any made up story, you're gonna get stupid results like the ones we're seeing. Please oh please can you people stop overpaying for a games that's not worth more than $40! That way those of us who are not gullible pricks might actually have a chance of playing this game on a SNES.

thank you.
    I am replying after reading only the OP but here are my thoughts.

You are comparing what is considered to be one of the best SNES games ever made, with an average NES game.

Earthbound is a good game that will likely never see the light of day on the virtual console. Gamers and collectors alike seek this game. It is popular now because there have been prominent positive reviews for the game, and there is a resurgence of SNES interest thanks to digital downloads.

Little Samson is a game that only people attempting a 100% NES collecton seek out. No one buys it because they want to play it. Sure, it is a perfectly fine, playable game, but there are dozens of better games.

I'd say that Earthbound was initially vastly undervalued.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why wouldn't Earthbound be released again? I know there are some copyright thing holding it up, or is it something else?

@Zing: You might get in trouble for your comments about Little Samson, heh. There are quite a few people who consider it one of the best games on the NES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Read through the thread. If all you folks who "lol'd" at the current value of Earthbound and suggested you would list your mint & complete copy you acquired from your local game store would actually do so, I would be grateful. You could do your part to lower the inflated price for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post
    FACT2: The idiot retardo fanboys have jacked up the price because they've believed all the hype surrounding a game that's slightly above average at best.
    Why would fanboys pay for what they already have? Why would they just go jack-up auctions to keep the price up? Your "reasons" are no more than hasty generalizations produced in retaliation to what is and will be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    When an honest seller puts a game up for auction at a fair start price, it's not their responsibility to stop suckers from placing laughable bids. The people bidding in that case are doing so willfully. If still idiots for not researching the item's real worth.
    Ok. I'll bite. Where and how, exactly, would an ebay user "research" the "real worth" of a SNES game?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zing View Post
    You are comparing what is considered to be one of the best SNES games ever made, with an average NES game.

Earthbound is a good game that will likely never see the light of day on the virtual console. Gamers and collectors alike seek this game. It is popular now because there have been prominent positive reviews for the game, and there is a resurgence of SNES interest thanks to digital downloads.

Little Samson is a game that only people attempting a 100% NES collecton seek out. No one buys it because they want to play it. Sure, it is a perfectly fine, playable game, but there are dozens of better games.
    With that statement, you have officially revealed yourself to be irrelevant. Seriously, you are a joke. Anything you say is a joke. So please go away before you humiliate yourself further with other uncouth opinions.

There is no way in absolute hell that Crapbound is better than Little Samson. Seriously, where the hell are you getting this from??? A silly rpg with average gameplay, graphics, story...standard mediocre nonsense following the same rehashed formula. Why is it great??? because its main character later appeared a in game called Smash Brothers?? a game that's equally laughable.

go join the rest of your crapbound fanboy pricks and leave this thread alone. You and your kind are responsible for the current price inflation, an inflation that has no real legitimate basis except for stupidity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

With that statement, you have officially revealed yourself to be irrelevant. Seriously, you are a joke. Anything you say is a joke. So please go away before you humiliate yourself further with other uncouth opinions.

There is no way in absolute hell that Crapbound is better than Little Samson. Seriously, where the hell are you getting this from??? A silly rpg with average gameplay, graphics, story...standard mediocre nonsense following the same rehashed formula. Why is it great??? because its main character later appeared a in game called Smash Brothers?? a game that's equally laughable.

go join the rest of your crapbound fanboy pricks and leave this thread alone. You and your kind are responsible for the current price inflation, an inflation that has no real legitimate basis except for stupidity.
    Yesh you're a dummy. I don't even care for earthbound, but it is with out a doubt "considered" to be one of the best SNES games. Seriously read any earthbound review or check some tops 10 SNES game lists. Despite what I or any one else on the forum thinks Earthbound is widely recognized as one of the best SNES games.
    Check out my oldschool game reviews!
    Click Me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DoggWhiskey

This is so amusing. If you think the game is overpriced and overrated...durrrrr don't buy it?
    Life is like a hurricane...

59 6F 75 72 20 48 44 44 20 61 64 64 69 6E 67 20 65 6D 62 61 72 72 61 73 73 69 6E 67 20 64 61 74 61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude, calm the beef min. If you think Earthbound is "Crapbound" then why do you even care?
    Mario says "... if you do drugs, you go to hell before you die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by RP2A03 View Post
    Dude, calm the beef min. If you think Earthbound is "Crapbound" then why do you even care?
    For that matter, since you've already declared that you don't want to play the game on an emulator, who are you to say it's bad, or even average?

As one of the few RPGs I've ever played through multiple times, I'd say it was well worth the time and the rep.

As far as a rerelease goes, I heard it had to do with some musical copyright worries by Nintendo, as well as a couple other things they are also a little concerned about (like the Runaway Five). Anything they'd get sued over? Probably not, but they're wary of opening themselves up to that.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This thing's still going? If you want to stick around to compose more brilliant posts, please, lose the name calling.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fans

He sounds like he's crying now....please don't cry YOU will "get your turn to play" Earthbound..... what I am crying ok... I'll blame it on the Fanboys.....but wait what about the fangirls tsk tsk, you can't forget them. But hold on, $120 to $400 for Earthbound shouldn't it be Fanmen or Fanwomen that I should cry spilled milk over? We can't be gender biased so we will blame it on the Fans. THAT'S IT Earthbound's inflation is due to just the Fans...