Thread: May 7, 2011 Plano Tx - Free Video Game Day at FX Games - LIVE RAGE DEMO FROM ID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default May 7, 2011 Plano Tx - Free Video Game Day at FX Games - LIVE RAGE DEMO FROM ID!

In conjunction with Madness Comics and Free Comic Book Day, the FX Game Exchange location in Plano Texas is going to be hosting a FREE VIDEO GAME day!! There will be free giveways, free drawings, food and drinks, a history of classic console display (by yours truly), as well as a live sneak preview of Rage put on by Id themselves!

Doors open at 10:00 and the Rage demo is at noon. So mark your calendars and come out for the fun!

FX Game Exchange Plano Location
    SE Corner of Custer and Parker

Hope to see everybody there! I'll be manning the classic console display all day, so be sure to introduce yourself if you make it by!
    Last edited by 98PaceCar; 04-28-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I just realized that I work that day. Damn. If you'll be there all day I might stop by after I get out of work/hell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Any word on when that In-N-Out Burger in Allen is supposed to open up? I can't find any dates whatsoever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar View Post
    In conjunction with Madness Comics and Free Comic Book Day, the FX Game Exchange location in Plano Texas is going to be hosting a FREE VIDEO GAME day!! There will be free giveways, free drawings, food and drinks, a history of classic console display (by yours truly), as well as a live sneak preview of Rage put on by Id themselves!

Doors open at 10:00 and the Rage demo is at noon. So mark your calendars and come out for the fun!

FX Game Exchange Plano Location
    SE Corner of Custer and Parker

Hope to see everybody there! I'll be manning the classic console display all day, so be sure to introduce yourself if you make it by!
    Darren--this sounds great. I've been super busy with family matters lately, but hope to get in on the action if you guys do something similar in the future. Maybe I could do an autographing or something. Or maybe just hang out and help spread the word.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I was rescheduled to come in later today, so I wasn't able to stop by. I really wanted to see Darren's console museum, especially if he had a lot of obscure stuff to play. And I'd love to see the kids faces when they try to play Pepsiman.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

haha, I think I might have talked to you without realizing it, 98PaceCar. Were you in a SMB cover styled Boba Fett t-shirt? I was randomly asking someone about systems the store had for sale without realizing that they weren't an employee. If that was you, thanks for answering my questions all the same! Their event turned out nicely, I hope Gearbox ends up doing something similar to bring in the crowds.
    Last edited by mugenmidget; 05-09-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yup, that was me! I'm guessing you were one of the folks wanting to buy something from the case? I'm not really a part of the store, but was helping out the owner. He's a good friend of mine and asked me to do a display for the day. Pretty fun, but next time i'm going to try to have more playable. Possibly even Pepsiman!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome, yea I was asking about stuff in the case with a garish orange "Sesame Fighter" shirt. Thanks for putting on the great display, that was the first time I've ever played a Vectrex! I enjoy shopping at his store so I'll definitely be showing up to any future displays/gaming sessions/events in general. And @ Pepsiman that'd be too good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I remember your shirt. I was going to look for that one and add it to my collection!

Glad you made it out, even if we didn't get a chance to be formally introduced! The owner and I are still working on getting more frequent meet-ups going there and after seeing how this one went, I'm sure we'll be doing another one soon. I'm going to try to talk him into a launch party for Rage, but that will depend on what the id guys are doing. Either way, there will be more to come!