Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: May 2011 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theshizzle3000 View Post
    2nd and Charles
    Is that the place that replaced Books-a-million?

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Nanjo View Post
    Yeah, they are really slacking on game related items.
    Looking to buy any Criterion movies that I don't already have.

http://cinemalacrum.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Nanjo View Post
    No, at least I don't think so. (There are only two locations as of now.) They sell used books, movies, games, and music. Some of it is also new.

Quote Originally Posted by theshizzle3000 View Post
    Yeah, they are really slacking on game related items.
    I don't know about you, but the location over here in Birmingham is splendid. They just started taking classics (save for PS1 and DC; those were accepted day-1), and I can't wait to see what comes in. (I've had some pretty good finds already. Just nothing extrememly "wow inducing.")

My only gripe so far is the pricing. 2nd can be very cheap or overpriced depending on the price-checkers on duty.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Snappaccino's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't usually go to garage sales since I'm either busy or having my own garage sale, so it was nice to finally go out to some.

Saw a lot of gamecubes and games, the games seemed to be gutted by the time I got there.

but anyways this is what I came away with.

Tony Hawk 3 and Mickey's Racing Adventure were 10 cents for the pair.

Metroid, Super Mario Strikers and Rebel Strike were $3 each.

Mega Man and Iron Tank were $1 each

Also not in the picture, I picked up Kirby's Dream Course from goodwill a week or 2 ago for $2.
    I also picked up Mortal Kombat Kollector's Edition and Red Dead Redemption both for the 360.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Fatalstar64's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Fatalstar64

I had a pretty slow month but then again I'm trying to get through the backlog and only down to finding some of the rarest SNES games. I got Rayman 3D for $25. I went to Anime North today in Toronto and found Wild Guns at the 1up games dealer, and he originally wanted $80 for it and I asked what's the lowest he'd go he said make an offer, I said $55 and he said alright I'll let you have it for $50 I can tell you want it bad. On top of that he threw in a psp game that my girlfriend was looking at for free. So really awesome guy and I'm definitely gonna check out their store in Hamilton.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Well, here's something I don't come across every day. Intellivision II controllers, looking like they've never been played before. $1.99 each.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Found Vanquish and The Sly Collection for PS3 at Target for $14.98 apiece.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post
    No, at least I don't think so. (There are only two locations as of now.) They sell used books, movies, games, and music. Some of it is also new.

I don't know about you, but the location over here in Birmingham is splendid. They just started taking classics (save for PS1 and DC; those were accepted day-1), and I can't wait to see what comes in. (I've had some pretty good finds already. Just nothing extrememly "wow inducing.")

My only gripe so far is the pricing. 2nd can be very cheap or overpriced depending on the price-checkers on duty.

In regards to the first part this is true, but I meant in a literal sense they replaced the Augusta Books-A-Million. As for the second part I would agree taht nothing "wow inducing" is a great way to put it, I have made some great pick-ups for my vinyl and dvd collection though
    Looking to buy any Criterion movies that I don't already have.

http://cinemalacrum.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bomberman Generation(GC) $3
    Mario Suoerstar Baseball(GC) $3
    Super Smash Bros Melee(GC) $3
    Star Fox: Assault(GC) $3
    North and South(Nes) $4

These were all Goodwill finds with the exception of North and South. That was found at an independent game store that apparently didn't know how rare that game is. But their loss was my gain.

World of Warcraft Dungeon Companion Guide(Pc) 50 cents
    Guinness World Records 2010 Gamers edition $1
    The 11th Hour/7th Guest(Pc) $3
    Resistance 2(PS3) $14.98
    Saints Row Double Pack(360) $14.98

The Pc stuff was found at another Goodwill. When I opened the box for the 11th Hour it also contained both disc for the 7th Guest and it's box folded up inside. So both games were complete but stuffed inside one box. Resistance 2 and Saints Row double pack were Target clearances.

Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight(Pc) $5
    Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic edition(Pc) $3
    Star Wars: Battlefront 2(Xbox) $5
    Resident Evil Code: Veronica(DC) $5

The Pc games were found at yet another Goodwill. I really shouldn't even be picking up Pc games anymore since they rarely ever sell but Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight is one of the only good Star Wars games that never made it to console. It should have only been $3 but they charged me an extra $2 because it had the bonus disc(Mysteries of The Sith) inside of it. The Xbox and Dreamcast games were found at a yard sale. Speaking of which...

Final Fantasy X(PS2) $1
    Virtual Fighter 4(PS2) $1
    Metal Gear Solid(PS2) $1
    Dragon Warrior with manual(Nes) $1
    Mike Tyson's Punchout(Nes) $5
    Gauntlet 2(Nes) $1
    Super Mario Land(GB) $3
    Pokemon Pinball(GB) $1
    Duke Nukem 64(N64) $1
    WCW Vs NWO: World Tour(N64) $1
    Bible Adventures(Nes) $1
    Dr. Mario(Nes) $1
    King's Quest V(Nes) $1
    Virtual Fighter Animation(GG) $1
    Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island(Snes) $1
    Mortal Kombat(Snes) $1
    Mortal Kombat 2(Snes) $1
    Pokemon Stadium(N64) $1
    Cybermorph(JaG) $1
    Checkered Flaf(JaG) $1
    Pitfall(JaG) $1
    Ultra Vortex(JaG) $1

This was the second video game themed yard sale I visited today. There were tons of games and several totes full of $1 games. I picked up anything that looked like it might carry atleast alittle value along with a few things for myself. Mike Tyson's Punchout and Super Mario Land were on a table with a bunch of other stuff deemed too worthy of being thrown in with the $1 games. This was also the first time I have ever seen Atari Jaguar games in the wild. So naturally I grabbed everyone he had. Lastly I bought something off of craigs list....

This picture accompanied an ad saying "nes system and 44 games for $15". At first I emailed the person but then saw that she left her number. So 2 minutes later I texted and asked if the items were still for sale. But then I got impatient and a minute later I just called her. She said they were and we planned to meet that night but we had to change it to the next day. When we talked on the phone she said she had another extra Nes system and some controllers that she could throw in and I said sure. But when she texted me the next day she said she wanted an additional $5 for them. Now normally one old Nes system isn't exactly worth it but two are an even worse investment. But she seemed nice so I agreed. The next day I picked up the stuff.

There was nothing super rare in there game wise(which sucks) but theres a good amount of stuff thats worth $5-15 so I definitely made even. After she initially gave me the tote she told me that this is the stuff I saw in the ad. Then she gave me the extra system and controllers and I was alittle surprised....

$5 for an original Nes toploader with controllers? Sold. It's a bit dirty but I'm going to give it a nice cleaning later on to make it sparkle like new. It's been a busy couple of days with the flea markets, yard sales, craigs list and Goodwill finds but it was all worth it.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 05-29-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Holy shit. I just found a brand new Power Glove for $30 at the Humane Society Thrift Store. The box is beat to shit but the glove and cords and everything are still sealed and tied up inside the box, and the sensors are still in a sealed bag. The manuals and everything are also included.

Also got a pair of Bose QuietComfort headphones for $4.99 at Goodwill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    Holy shit. I just found a brand new Power Glove for $30 at the Humane Society Thrift Store. The box is beat to shit but the glove and cords and everything are still sealed and tied up inside the box, and the sensors are still in a sealed bag. The manuals and everything are also included.

Also got a pair of Bose QuietComfort headphones for $4.99 at Goodwill.
    Bose QuietComfort headphones are mostly delicious for the ears of music junkies & they have great resell value

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a little bummed that I didn't buy anything from anyone at SRGE over the weekend. I've been trying to avoid buying stuff for my collection tho unless it's a really good deal. Didn't really see anything that fit the bill, tho a buddy said he saw Crystalis cart only for $3 and since I haven't gotten around to replacing the one I gave away for Secret Santa from my CIB, I should have gone and tracked it down. But I had to go to work halfway thru the convention on both days so that cut down on my time to go check out the other dealers' stuff.

I did have a nice find at Goodwill, tho, and was surprised none of the other con-goers had hit the place up ahead of me considering it was one block over on the main street. I picked up all of these games for $2 each:

River City Ransom
    Tecmo Super Bowl
    Super Mario 3
    Mike Tyson's Punch-Out
    Super Mario World/All-Stars
    NBA Jam
    NBA Jam TE
    Super Mario World
    F-Zero
    StarFox 64

And for $6, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Went back the next day and talked to the manager again about buying the discs they have that don't have cases (because some asshat stole the case). After going thru their binder tho, the only things I wanted were Time Stalkers and Street Fighter Collection (Saturn, only disc 2). I only picked up the SFC game b/c my buddy had bought it from there and they didn't give him both discs. I also wanted Blue Dragon but it was missing disc one. XD
    Last edited by mobiusclimber; 05-30-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Local Flea Market..and not local flea market

Misc 25cent Sports items/to give family members

DVDs $1.00

NES Handheld Game Player..$15.00(I have never seen this before)

It didn't work at first,seems you have to HOLD down the reset button then press start ..So far I got a lot of games to work on it even my Super 190 in 1 game.

Three NES decks..Two were $5.00 each,the third was $10.00
    The forth seen is a repair(I repair NES systems)

Xbox 360 system FREE,said to have board issue..
    Another Xbox 360 system not shown....I bought used yesterday from a flea Vendor for $40.00..it works for about an hour,then either freezes but never RRODs..I have 3 xbox 360 systems,two ack up like that,the third above and another on is in pieces(FOR SALE)
    NES Games $1.00

Everything else I bought in a MYSTERY bin for $5.00..the XBAND thing to be the coolest..

Insert Coin (Level 0) mattimeo310's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    mattimeo310
    3DS Friend
    4897-5967-3681

I can't take pictures right at the moment, but the only thing I found this month worth mentioning without pictures would be a complete FFVII for 5 bucks. Quite exciting for me because I've been dying to play it but didn't want to buy it on PSN.
    My Systems: Atari 2600, 7800 Intellivision Nes(top loader) Snes Virtual Boy N64 Gamecube Wii GBC GBA(original) DS(brick) Genesis Dreamcast Ps2 Ps3 PSP(phat) PSP 3000, LYNX

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yardsales 5-28-11

Pelican Switch Box (Not Picture) - 4

This was the only video game related item I bought on Friday. No price offered a buck, was asking 10 and made sure to tell me how it was 30 when it was bought new. Seller offered to do 6 to which I said thanks but no thanks then as I was walking away the seller offered to do 4.

4 Playstation Game Cases - Free
    Disc Only PS1 Games (Crash 2 & 3, X-Com & Street Fighter Alpha - 2
    4 32x Games (Complete minus Virtua Racing Which Is Missing The Slip Cover - 2
    3 GameCube Games (Complete Except For A Mario Party 6 Manual) - 9

Saw some PS1 games but they ended up being empty cases which were going to be thrown out so I offered to take them...walked up the street at this street sale, asked about games to which I was shown a case with what was mostly disc only PS1 games that was buried under some clothes (finding a game for the empty Crash 3 case) they were asking .50 each. At a different sale I saw 32x games out marked .50 each. GameCube games were brought out when I asked about games. I picked out 3 which were offered for 10 I pointed out the missing manual and offered 8 to which we ended up meeting at 9.

GameCube Bundle With Some Misc (GC Hookups Not Pictured) - 10

Saw all of this in a box (minus The GBA) marked 20. GBA didn't turn on, I originally picked out the 3 Mario games and asked about plugging in the GBA. Seller offered to do 2 a game to which I decided to instead ask if they'd rather do 10 for the whole box which was accepted. I changed my mind about the GBA since it wasen't charging and they were going to throw it out so I ended up getting it for free. Middle row of games is complete, bottow 3 boxed and the top two cases only.

SNES System With 16 Game & 3 N64 Games - 11

Asked about games and brought out a box of games, then rounded up and brought out the sytem with Battletoad/Double Dragon in it. I'm looking over the games, they look like hell and the system also I even pointed out the spot where the AC adaptor goes on the system being broken but I was told that it all works and that the games just need cleaned with the old Q-tip and rubbing alcohol (looks like they never were and will need more then that at this point!) I was urged to make an offer so I went ahead and offered 5 to which the lady countered with 10 which I took and got the 3 N64 games added in for another buck.

SNES System With 11 Games (No AC Adaptor) - 10

Asked about games and this was brought out. I asked about the AC adaptor which wasen't present and mom said it was probably plugged into the wall still, after 2 different kids and mom couldn't find it I said I'd still be interested and was offered it for 10 which I figured would be rude to counter at this point after all of the trouble.

Vectrex System With Controller - 3

This was marked 5 and I asked about trying it out unfornately with Minestorm the ship continuously spins clockwise when the controller is neutral (thinking controller is bad, maybe controller port). Everything else seems fine and the lady offered to do 3 when I mentioned the problem to her.

Non Video Game Finds

Castle Grayskull In About As Good of Shape As I'd Expect To Find At A Yardsale - .50 (Asking Price)
    5 DVDs (Beavis & Butt-Head Volume 2 & 3 Sealed) - 13

Nice selection of DVDs at this sale 4 for 10 and found out that the sets weren't exempt from this price. I had 3 picked out and the guy mentioned how he lives a few houses down and could grab B&B Vol 2, he came back with 2 and 3 both sealed and offered to do all for 15 pointing out how they were new and I counted with 13 which was accepted.
    Last edited by FOnewearl; 05-30-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Flea Market 5-29-11

The Warriors (PS2, Complete) - 3
    3 NDS Games & 2 Playstation Games (All Complete) - 21
    3 NES Systems With Hookups For All of Them, 4 Controllers & 1 Game - 10

The Warriors was asking price. The NES systems were 5 each to which I offered 10 for all of them. The rest of the games were 8, 6 & 3 (total of 27 at asking price) I offered 20 which was countered with 22 I agreed but digging in my pockets pointed out that I had a 20 and a 1 which the seller said would be ok.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Oh..

I passed up a stand up-old Cherry Master Arcade Machine..at a big flea market

Just like this but the cabinet has lots of damage,no screen overlay art just a scratched up black plexy (not tested)

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqQOKkIE23lny,n(BN)bK2vPrg~~_3.JPG

So I asked price figuring $150.00..at $50.00 my dad might had bought it...he guy wanted $650.00 WOW!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHERRY-MASTER-POKER-MACHINE-2-GAMES-1-w-printer-/120730872759

The guy also had a Chinese Pocketbike...I didn't bother to ask a price..

There was a reason they weren't making any sales that day..

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl View Post
    Pelican Switch Box (Not Picture) - 4

Castle Grayskull In About As Good of Shape As I'd Expect To Find At A Yardsale - .50 (Asking Price)
    5 DVDs (Beavis & Butt-Head Volume 2 & 3 Sealed) - 13

Nice selection of DVDs at this sale 4 for 10 and found out that the sets weren't exempt from this price. I had 3 picked out and the guy mentioned how he lives a few houses down and could grab B&B Vol 2, he came back with 2 and 3 both sealed and offered to do all for 15 pointing out how they were new and I counted with 13 which was accepted.
    i'd be interested in the castle greyskull if you're selling. pm me :-)

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Fanime didn't have any games, import or otherwise, but they did have an artist room full of stuff, much of it with gamer themes.

I saw that one table was selling sculptures made of pipe cleaners. The brothers made tons of videogame stuff. Sonic (Sonic Adventures era), Knuckles, Mega Man, Cut Man, Proto Man, bunches of others.

I bid and won their Professor Layton.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9808699...57626829848378
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

went to the local blockbuster today...they were running a sell on used games...buy one get one free 14.99 and under...i picked up mlb 09 the show and the godfather the don's edition both for ps3.....also picked up call of duty mobilized on ds lite

they also had dvd's on sale for .99...i bought jennifer's body and the expendibles for $2