I have in my possession two potentially undumped Atari 800 personal computer game cartridge prototypes as well as a few other 800 carts. I've asked about them here, Atariage and other forums and have gathered they are most likely early "sample" versions handed out to magazine editors or perhaps even the original development team or testers.

The games are H.E.R.O and Pitfall 2 both for the Atari 800.

Both games are in remarkably good condition for their age. The only reason I'm selling such gems is because I do not personally own an Atari 400/800 XL and have no real plans to buy one in the future. The true nature of these games is unknown except that I've been able to confirm these are not the retail versions.

I've been advised on AA that I ought to put these up on ebay and sell them as a auction with a reserve, but before that I'd like to see if there are any potential interest here.

I'm currently taking offers for these pre-release Activision carts. The person who offers the highest price for the pair will get them. Feel free to ask additional questions. I'll try my best to answer them.

I unfortunately cannot confirm if the internal pcbs contain EEPROMs as I truly am baffled by how the cartridge is held together. There's a single screw in the back, but even when removed the cartridges shells still refuse to come apart. My only guess is they're like Famicom games with their internal brackets that clamp into place. I am not willing to risk damaging them by forcing them apart. However, judging by weight alone, both Activision carts are noticeably heavier than other Atari 800 carts, even heavier than their bigger 2600 cousins. I suspect EEPROMs.

I also have a rare early version of K-razy Kritters by K-Byte. As I've learned, this game was bought out and sold by CBS Electronics, similar in the way that Stadium Events by Bandai became World Class Track Meet by Nintendo. Asking $50 for this rare cart. All the others are for sale as well via offers.