For those of you who don't know/forgot (just about everybody in the emulation/rom scene; outside it, everybody), Final Fantasy IV [SHVC-F4] for the Super Famicom was released in Japan twice. Apparently, the first release was unsatisfactory enough to the extent that it was quickly replaced by the second release (Revision A, or if you prefer Version 1.1). According to this website, the initial release was or is "extremely rare". According to the person who found and "dumped" the game (transferred the FFIV cart into a digital format), it was a one in a hundred effort (i.e. it took him 100 carts to find the non Revision A).

I have two copies of the game: one with the "A" imprint on the back, and one without. Without having the tools to open up the cart and without planning to get the tools in the future (I'm not a dumper and don't plan to be one), is there a way to confirm early in-game whether the latter cart is for sure, the initial release or not? Apparently, the initial release if FFIV had bugs or something similar. If true, then identification of the respective carts will be easier once the bugs itself are identified.