Thread: First Playstation Rarity List

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default First Playstation Rarity List

Ok, I've put up a 0.9 release of the very first PSX price guide/rarity list. The Ps1 has more games than any American system in history, so it was a ridiculous amount of work. It's located at

www.neozones.org/~qbtm/priceguide.txt - for some reason, the tabs come out wierd in internet explorer, but if you save the file and open it in Word or Wordpad, it will look right.

I have 15 or so games listed at the bottom of whose status as an American release I'm not sure about.

Hopefully we'll be able to massage it into the one source for PS info.

Cure

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default x

That list looks like it took a lot of time. Is there any way you could list out the top 10 or 15 most rare games? That way when were out hunting we can have a mental list.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I plan on doing just that once I sort out the titles at the bottom (about whether they exist or not). I've never personally seen any of the ER games more than once (though admittedly i haven't been looking for an Adidas Power Soccer 98, for instance, either), so they'd be great finds. Certainly some games would be a "7" in a DP style list, though I'm not sure if there's anything rarer than that for the PS, aside from prototypes (of which many exist).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man I want to play Adventures of Lomax again. That game is not only uber-rare, it is an awesome experience. The graphics rival Castlevania SotN in animation and detail, and the control is spot on. How long before the PS is considered dead enuff to trade the ISO's/ROMs on the emu forum? I very much doubt I'll ever come across this one again in my life.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very nice work!

I'm not sure about all of the rarities, but I have either seen, owned, or currently own, several of the ERs actually over half, and many of the Rs, which I have seen multible times. I'm just refering to local finds & hunts, Not ebay.

A couple things you might could work on:

Listing the subtitles or whatever they're called which follow the games.
    (IE: Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit) You've done some, but not all. Sequals usually have subtitles added. Just makes identifing games easier.

Also box variations: Longbox, Original, Greatest Hits. Again I saw some listed, but lots others weren't. There was a list created here of the long box games, it may be on the old board. Also there was a list somewhere online, that listed all the GH games that had came out. Just might be good to note all that are, even if they don't effect rarity.

As far as pricing goes, I think you should round prices off to the closest dollar amount. No $7.50 prices, they look kind of wierd.

And how does a PSX game get a $1 price? Is this complete? I think prices should be based on complete games. Ebay isn't going to be spot on, because you have to figure in shipping, condition, seller rep, etc. etc. I haven't found too many complete PSX games for under $5 yet, heck they're still in the stores, and most pawn shops still want around $10 or for them used. I think $1 is a bit low. I could see a $3/4 price on some of those though.

All in all a great effort dude!! I saved it, and have it printing as I type!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default lomax lookers...

try flink for the sega cd- it's basically the SAME game, by the same programmers! we had a small stack of those sitting here for about a year or so, and finally sold off the last one about 2 or 3 months ago- $30 brand new...

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@addict -
    Suggestions taken - this is only a first draft and I plan on finessing it and adding box variations for a final version. Concerning pricing - The price is more a comparative value than a price. If you were trading, you would consider Madden 99 to be worth 4 bucks, I think. At local stores where I live, old sports and wrestling games frequently do go for a buck or two, so I think the prices make sense that way. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

ahhh Silverload is ER

I was confused when my factory sealed discworld sold for like 20 bux and silverload went for over 50 bux.

Im sure theres some innacuracies but I would just like to say on behalf of myself and the Digital Press forum: Thank you for this list and making it available, I look forward to revisions and think yer a really cool guy for it.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Excellent work.

As you can see, there is a "hole" in that system on our page (click banner below). I'm working with a few other people on this forum to build a similar list, perhaps we can join forces! Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks for sharing your findings with us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like your list so far, my question is how many titles did you come up with? The amount that I have on my list of released and unreleased PS games is close to 1265 games.

Where are you from that may have to do with some of your ER's. being what they are. I have found alot of those with no trouble at all. I am from Ohio and was just curious where you are from.. My list is in Access format if you are interested as well DP in seeing it.

Thanks for the list it is great.

Chris
    Currently Playing:
    X-Box 360: Rock Band, Dark Sector, Orange Box, Mass Effect, Scene IT DVD (360) Bully (360 Version)

Can't wait for Bioshock 2 !!!

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

@DigDug: I'd be very interested in "assimilating" your list. Actually a rarity project as huge as the PlayStation listing should really have a team of fan collectors. I've got three of us so far but adding two more who have done their homework would really make for one kick ass list.

If I can incorporate your lists I'd be happy to share the resulting database file with each of you to use in whatever future projects you have going. Our version will be listed right on the banner link below.

Let me know what you think!