Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Demonstration/Room/Review Videos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMan View Post
    Anyone a member over at neogaf.com? I'd like to share this with them but I'm not allowed to post for some reason. Seems like it's closed to new members.
    Neogaf isn't as forgiving on self promotion. You'd probably get banned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Anyone a member over at neogaf.com? I'd like to share this with them but I'm not allowed to post for some reason. Seems like it's closed to new members.
    I'll share it on my Classic Gaming Facebook Page if you would like. Or feel free to "Like" it and post it yourself there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
    I'll share it on my Classic Gaming Facebook Page if you would like. Or feel free to "Like" it and post it yourself there.
    That would be awesome! Greatly appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

That would be awesome! Greatly appreciated
    Anytime. I just posted it there. I have a decent amount of "Likes" (over 3,500) so a lot of people should see it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
    Anytime. I just posted it there. I have a decent amount of "Likes" (over 3,500) so a lot of people should see it.
    Awesome! Thanks so much. I gave you a shout out on twitter. Really do appreciate it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Eh, still seems a little too polished and coherent to really fit with the 80's commercial vibe, if that's what you're going for.

That's the Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure theme.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    Eh, still seems a little too polished and coherent to really fit with the 80's commercial vibe, if that's what you're going for.
    Actually, these I never intended these to be replications of 80's commercials... more like SNL parodies or NEW Sega commercials for obscure titles. Perhaps I should change the whole "lost" angle to "mock" or "new".

That's the Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure theme.
    YES! And did you catch the opening OUTRUN beach music?

Strawberry (Level 2) starsoldier1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just found another E.T. cart again so I figure I'll review it finally:

Insert Coin (Level 0) dchristie74's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default thevideogamecollector

https://www.youtube.com/user/thevgcollector

lets play videos,console reviews and more. Check it out and subscribe. Bucky O'hare arcade just added today.

http://youtu.be/d723cWp5U8M

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Default Introducing "The SEGA Channel"

Hey gang. It's with much joy (having finished the first episode) that I introduce you to our all new series, "The SEGA Channel."

I spent a long time debating the idea of rebranding the SegaMasterSystem.com youtube channel. I wanted a stand alone show to focus my efforts on, and with SMS.com, I saw myself spreading out to broad... too many concepts and ideas.

After much deliberation, I decided that an "ALL SEGA RETRO" show was the way to go. Thus, The SEGA Channel and the first episode seen above. SegaMasterSystem.com will remain a functioning website. We have some new writers who are very excited about cutting their teeth on some articles for the site, and when The SEGA Channel produces a Sega Master System focused video, that video will be shared on SMS.com. The two are basically one in the same... sister sites.

But my focus is now on creating this ongoing series called "The SEGA Channel". I urge you to take a look at what I've done with the first episode, "The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin". Please let me know your thoughts on the direction I've taken. Feedback is essential at such an early stage of the game. Thanks guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good episode. I have the Sega CD game, but yet to beat it. The soundtrack I always thought was pretty funny.

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Good show! I really like it.
    Aside from compliments, the only feedback I have would be...
    I ended up with a couple unresolved questions. First, you mentioned that the cart version sold a ton of copies but I actually would have liked to have known exactly(isn) how many it sold. Secondly, you explained why Sega needed Spiderman but you didn't say where that info came from. I followed your logic but I'm not clear on whether or not you have seen any documented evidence (like interviews, etc.) to back your conclusion up. Lastly, after you explained why Sega wanted Spiderman, you never tied that up by telling us how it worked out for them, aside form selling a lot of copies. Did it seem to lead to an increase in console sales or maybe help develop a relationship between Sega and Marvel?
    Those are just the questions I was left with. I really did enjoy the show and I'm looking forward to the next episode. Excellent work. I liked the grid background, too...it made me wonder what you could do with a weatherman style dynamic background...like, maybe have the footage playing back there while you're pointing things out. lol.
    Great job, dude. Thanks for posting it.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You do realize that "SEGA Channel" was the name of an actual service back in the day, and that there are already 52,300 hits for the term <"SEGA channel"> on Google, right?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah bad naming on it, but it could have been on purpose to accidentally chump people looking up the real Sega Channel into seeing that which isn't cool as that's bait and switch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

You do realize that "SEGA Channel" was the name of an actual service back in the day, and that there are already 52,300 hits for the term <"SEGA channel"> on Google, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Yeah bad naming on it, but it could have been on purpose to accidentally chump people looking up the real Sega Channel into seeing that which isn't cool as that's bait and switch.
    Uh, guys... of course the naming was deliberate. It's a tribute. I had Sega Channel briefly as a kid and loved it thoroughly.

We actually went with this name based on a vote from our followers on Twitter. They pretty much across the board chose it.

Bait and switch? Seriously?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMoniker View Post
    Good show! I really like it.
    Aside from compliments, the only feedback I have would be...
    I ended up with a couple unresolved questions. First, you mentioned that the cart version sold a ton of copies but I actually would have liked to have known exactly(isn) how many it sold. Secondly, you explained why Sega needed Spiderman but you didn't say where that info came from. I followed your logic but I'm not clear on whether or not you have seen any documented evidence (like interviews, etc.) to back your conclusion up. Lastly, after you explained why Sega wanted Spiderman, you never tied that up by telling us how it worked out for them, aside form selling a lot of copies. Did it seem to lead to an increase in console sales or maybe help develop a relationship between Sega and Marvel?
    Those are just the questions I was left with. I really did enjoy the show and I'm looking forward to the next episode. Excellent work. I liked the grid background, too...it made me wonder what you could do with a weatherman style dynamic background...like, maybe have the footage playing back there while you're pointing things out. lol.
    Great job, dude. Thanks for posting it.
    Thanks for the constructive review of the episode Dep! I really will take that all into consideration... making sure I make my points clearly. In all honesty, I had recorded a mention of the Relationship strengthening between Sega and Marvel and this game leading to the X-Men franchise, but I cut it out due to time.

Haha! Yes, that's a good idea about pointing to actually gameplay on screen. Noted my friend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The black grid background is fine for genesis games but when you talk about other systems you should change it to match. White grid for master/Blue stripes for Sega CD ...... etc.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Silljo View Post
    The black grid background is fine for genesis games but when you talk about other systems you should change it to match. White grid for master/Blue stripes for Sega CD ...... etc.
    That's actually something I thought of once it was all done. Thanks for pointing that out. Will be done in the next episode for sure!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I know it was deliberate, that I had no doubt which is why I said bait and switch. If someone is just on youtube and they type in Sega Channel your stuff will pop up and it won't be what they're after if they want to see the Sega Channel. So the bait is the name, and the switch is your production which isn't Sega Channel. Sorry if the wording is harsh, but it fits.

It's like that old Coming to America movie with Eddie Murphy. McDonald's with the golden arches, and McDowells with the golden arcs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I know it was deliberate, that I had no doubt which is why I said bait and switch. If someone is just on youtube and they type in Sega Channel your stuff will pop up and it won't be what they're after if they want to see the Sega Channel. So the bait is the name, and the switch is your production which isn't Sega Channel. Sorry if the wording is harsh, but it fits.

It's like that old Coming to America movie with Eddie Murphy. McDonald's with the golden arches, and McDowells with the golden arcs.
    I see your point and intent a little clearer now. It was never my motivation for naming the show The SEGA Channel, but those who stumble upon it by those means will hopefully enjoy the vids!