Thread: Comments & questions about the SNES rarity list

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Comments & questions about the SNES rarity list

Hi all!

As you may or may not know, I am getting together my SNES collection right now, so I had a few comments on the rarity list database that was listed for SNES.

I am just about through the letter F (starting alphabetically) and have found the rarity grades, pretty much right on the money. Considering that I have nearly 4000 SNES games, I am pretty confident I will be close to complete when I am through sorting.

A few notes about a couple of the rarer games I have gotten to:

- Chavez II is definitely a 8, I only had 1 out of all 4000 that I had.
    - Exertainment Mountain Bike Rally is definitely rare too, (Only had 1 as well)
    - Kid Kleetz is a toughie too (definitely at least a 6, I only have the box for it)

The one issue that I may have with the SNES list is the assumption that most people kept their boxes and manuals for SNES, and are therefore priced and rated accordingly. I think the prices are good for loose carts and the ratings are excellent, but not for complete games. I would treat the SNES the same as the NES, priced out as loose, not complete. I can understand that with the genesis list, considering they came in sturdy plastic strorage cases for the most part.

That is all I have to say, your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated!

Danny

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This has definitely been my experience, too.

And I'm with you on the idea that the flimsy cardboard boxes didin't encourage people to save them. I'm finding the same thing, to a lesser degree of course, with the N64 so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The release years on the list aren't exactly accurate either... ISS and ISSD are said to be released in the same year. And I have seen a couple of Kid Kleetz auctions in the past couple of weeks...
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It looks like the Exertainment/Speed Racer one is one of the rarest. what do you think the rarity would be on a factory sealed one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

prices do indeed fit better to lose than boxed games

one thing to add: do u really think e.v.o. is only an R4?? i'm getting it in a few days for 12? lose, and this was the only e.v.o. on german ebay in the last few weeks, i also checked US ebay (as this is a us game) NO boxed one, some lose, not many
    -Jan

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anotherfluke
    It looks like the Exertainment/Speed Racer one is one of the rarest. what do you think the rarity would be on a factory sealed one?
    I would think that is pretty tough to say, considering there has not been one on ebay, that I can remember. (Has anyone seen the cart only on ebay??) I don't have it, but I would not pay more for that game than I would the DK or Starfox competition carts. I am sure it would go for a respectable amount.

Danny

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Thanks for the comments as always!

I'm forwarding this message to the attention of the current SNES Guide section owners. Look here for additional comments/questions if they have any.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I definitely have to agree with Vader about the box issue. I NEVER come across boxed SNES games, and only somewhat more frequently find boxed N64 games. In my experience I'm much more likely to find complete NES games than SNES or N64, for some reason. Genesis on the other hand is MUCH more likely to be complete, for exactly the reason he mentioned.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Same here... I find that pretty much no carts can be assumed defaulting as complete. Most of the Genesis carts I find are cart only, even.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Danny, you are just about right on the money on all 3 of your observations.

One note, the dual cart Mountainbike Rally/Speed Racer Exertainment Cart is definitely the scarcest cart released for the SNES, moreso than the competition carts. I know of one copy and it is loose, if anyone else knows of someone with this cart please let me know especially if it has box or manual. The company "Life Fitness" was contacted, and the spokesperson did not have any knowledge/stored information that this dual cart even existed, only the two separate releases.

If you have any questions or discoveries during your inventory, drop me a PM or an email D_N_G@yahoo.com

Also, I would be interested in a trade sell list if you ever make one

Austin

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G

One note, the dual cart Mountainbike Rally/Speed Racer Exertainment Cart is definitely the scarcest cart released for the SNES, moreso than the competition carts. I know of one copy and it is loose, if anyone else knows of someone with this cart please let me know especially if it has box or manual. The company "Life Fitness" was contacted, and the spokesperson did not have any knowledge/stored information that this dual cart even existed, only the two separate releases.

If you have any questions or discoveries during your inventory, drop me a PM or an email D_N_G@yahoo.com

Austin
    I have never seen the cart either, I am guessing by anotherfluke's post that they might have it, it would be nice to see a picture of it if possible.

I have the first one, Mountain Bike Rally. I have only one, and just completed it this month by buying the manual on ebay. That game is pretty rare too, but the prices on SNES games haven't been driven through the roof yet since most people are focused on their NES collection. That's kinda the reason I am busting my ass to get this all in order, so I can pick up what I need before the prices go through the roof. (Same thing with the genesis games, plan on doing that in fall)

When I do get done with the SNES, I will gladly take want lists. Joe has contacted me first so I will go through his list first. When it comes time to sell my duplicates, I am not going to be asking crazy amounts for games, but at the same time I know many of my dups are worth some big $$$. If I get "respectable" offers, I will accept them. But, for example, if someone thinks they will get one of my Mega man x3's for $25, they are high on crack.

DNG: PM me with your list and I will be happy to work with you on your want list (maybe you have some games I need as well)

Later all, gotta finish the F's and G's tonight (hopefully)

Danny

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I emailed DNG about this, but yes, I have a copy of the game. It is factory sealed, however Nintendo's database doesn't have any information about the game ever being released, and since I bought it from Nintendo's Garage Sale last year, I cannot verify that it was ever released in stores.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I emailed DNG about this, but yes, I have a copy of the game. It is factory sealed, however Nintendo's database doesn't have any information about the game ever being released, and since I bought it from Nintendo's Garage Sale last year, I cannot verify that it was ever released in stores.
    I think if you wanted to sell it, you have a few interested parties!

Danny

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just to reply to Austin's email publically for everyone's info, There were around 32 copies of the game, in the box that games are shipped from the werehouse in.

I will be selling both copies of the game, per my "Selling It All" thread that was posted in the OT forum, so you'll both have a chance to own it. One copy will go up on the bay this weekend, the other will be an auction Item at CGE.

I'll take a pic when I get home tonight, and post here.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just to reply to Austin's email publically for everyone's info, There were around 32 copies of the game, in the box that games are shipped from the werehouse in.

I will be selling both copies of the game, per my "Selling It All" thread that was posted in the OT forum, so you'll both have a chance to own it. One copy will go up on the bay this weekend, the other will be an auction Item at CGE.

I'll take a pic when I get home tonight, and post here.
    Awesome, that is great, thanks for the heads up!

Danny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G

Austin
    I'd say it is the rarest... the rom hasn't even been dumped.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

4Here are the pics from the game, sorry about the delay:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am jealous! Hope this one pops up on ebay soon, unless I can buy it outright.

Danny

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never even heard of that thing til now. That thing is WAY COOL. I look forward to the day that thing shows up on the rarity list.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

It's not on there? How'd that slip by?

dave