Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda 3DS Soundtrack Snafu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DoggWhiskey

So glad my Amazon order that was supposed to be here on release day is getting here today. I don't even have a 3DS yet, but ordered to make sure I could get the soundtrack. Fuck you Nintendo.
    Life is like a hurricane...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    mebinici
    PSN
    mebinici

Quote Originally Posted by DuckTalesNES View Post
    So glad my Amazon order that was supposed to be here on release day is getting here today. I don't even have a 3DS yet, but ordered to make sure I could get the soundtrack. Fuck you Nintendo.
    Whoa...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

An alternate opinion after reading the rage on various forums...

I understand: Everyone has their "thing" and that thing might include game swag such as free soundtrack CD's. That's cool.

That being said, from a music appreciation standpoint...who the hell doesn't have these mp3's in their collection by now? I've had the OOT soundtrack on my iPod since 2003. Most OOT 3DS buyers probably had it years before that. Missing out on a CD full of songs you already have isn't the end of the world. Cheer up.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DoggWhiskey

There's no reason they need to shortchange the people who are actually buying 3DS games like this considering NO ONE IS BUYING THEM. Why can't they print more of the CD's?
    Life is like a hurricane...

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Or of course the other option: make a free digital download for everyone who bought it.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by DuckTalesNES View Post

Same here....except its not Nintendo's fault.

Oh well. I'm sure that there will be 50 million of them on eBay.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope you two went ahead and registered the game anyway because I saw this last night:

Thank you for your interest in this offer. All members who registered the game by 12:01am Pacific Time Tuesday, June 21, 2011 will receive the CD. Beyond this date, we will continue to send CDs to registrants on a first-come, first-serve basis, while supplies last.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by understatement View Post
    I hope you two went ahead and registered the game anyway because I saw this last night:

Thank you for your interest in this offer. All members who registered the game by 12:01am Pacific Time Tuesday, June 21, 2011 will receive the CD. Beyond this date, we will continue to send CDs to registrants on a first-come, first-serve basis, while supplies last.
    Yep, my understanding is that they will be doing additional runs of the CD as needed.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Yep, my understanding is that they will be doing additional runs of the CD as needed.
    Well that's pretty damn cool of them then.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I said Modern Nintendo lost their ways and no longer knows what they are doing on all counts, I have a little more evidence. Also, digital distribution sucks ass; give me a CD, a tape or an album over it any day.

Not producing enough of the CDs is the most recent move that shows Nintendo's lack of confidence in the consumer which will ultimately show lack of confidence towards Nintendo.

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    Well that's pretty damn cool of them then.
    Yea, I just wish it was more concrete like Europe’s club Nintendo which states that, everyone that registers before June 30th will be guaranteed a soundtrack.

I would assume that our offer will be about the same but you never know with the “first-come, first-serve basis, while supplies last” wording.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nensondubois View Post
    When I said Modern Nintendo lost their ways and no longer knows what they are doing on all counts, I have a little more evidence. Also, digital distribution sucks ass; give me a CD, a tape or an album over it any day.

Not producing enough of the CDs is the most recent move that shows Nintendo's lack of confidence in the consumer which will ultimately show lack of confidence towards Nintendo.
    What are you talking about? Because of a lot of misinformation around the web about this soundtrack allegedly being limited to 500 copies or 5,000 copies or whatever lies people made up, lots of people flooded Nintendo's website within the first few hours of the game being on-sale. As a result, their servers became overwhelmed. Despite this, everyone who registered in the first two days of release is guaranteed a copy and from what I understand, everyone else who registers within a reasonable period of time (i.e. the next few weeks) will get it as well. The CDs won't even ship out for two weeks, so it doesn't matter if Nintendo pressed ten or a million already, they will have plenty to ship out in two weeks. So, what exactly is the problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They should have expected the mass flooding for something like this. Nintendo knows that there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Zelda fans out there who were waiting for this. History repeats itself.

Let's look at the Super Mario All-Stars reiteration for the Wii. Stores were out within days of stocking... Nintendo even had to make a second print shortly following. I ordered mine on Amazon luckily, though they were suffering back orders, so it could have been cancelled there. Just saying Nintendo should prepare for these instances.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nensondubois View Post
    They should have expected the mass flooding for something like this. Nintendo knows that there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Zelda fans out there who were waiting for this. History repeats itself.

Let's look at the Super Mario All-Stars reiteration for the Wii. Stores were out within days of stocking... Nintendo even had to make a second print shortly following. I ordered mine on Amazon luckily, though they were suffering back orders, so it could have been cancelled there. Just saying Nintendo should prepare for these instances.
    Well, from a business perspective, I don't think Nintendo could have anticipated this much demand for a re-release of an old game that has already been re-released on another fairly recent platform, especially among people that don't even own a 3ds or have intentions of buying one anytime soon. They also don't want to get stuck with a bunch of unsold inventory sitting there or being returned by retailers. Everyone who had a problem registering was helped quickly by Nintendo's phone customer service people and will get the soundtrack.

As for the SMAS situation, that game was readily available at retailers for several weeks and for some time after that. It wasn't until flippers and hoarders started grabbing them up that a problem was created. Nintendo did a reprint and now the game is readily available again.

I'm guessing you're not old enough to remember what it was like in the NES days when you literally had to get in line at a store in hopes of scoring a copy of Super Mario 3 or other big releases at full price. It sometimes took weeks for new stock to arrive. At least this game was readily avaiable everywhere and even came with discount bundling at Target, Best Buy and other retailers.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Thought it might be worth noting that I got a shipping confirmation yesterday afternoon. I put my code in before the deadline but never got a popup confirming my order, so I called a couple days after-the-fact and got it straightened out no problem.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got mine today (as I'm sure many of you did as well).. I dunno but it looks a little cheap to me. Just saying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Mine came in today too... unlike NE146 up there, I think it's kinda classy looking :P

If you want cheap looking, you should look up the original Nintendo Power release of the Ocarina soundtrack.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got it front plastic came crushed XD , replaced it and now it looks fine.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

I got mine yesterday as well and in prefect shape. I am keeping mine sealed with plans to hoard it for years. I am not really into just listening to video game music and I'm sure there will be a .zip or .rar of the cd online after a while if I want to check out what those unused songs sound like.

I figure keeping this limited time thing sealed will pay off in the end. And I mean something like 10-15 years later when almost all of them have been opened.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

For those interested, I did a combination box opening / comparison of the soundtrack. I compared it to the original Nintendo Power release of the soundtrack of the N64 version.
    http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9084502