Thread: Shrinkwrapped DS games?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    Which ps2 games where they?

Just cause it's a older PS2 game that should have the Sony seal up top, doesn't mean it wasn't reprinted recently, and thus doesn't come with the seal.
    I bought a copy of Midnight Club: Street Racing (GH) recently, normal version came out in 2000, greatest hit in 2002. Got the no seal up top version, y fold style, that was also a updated version of the disc, going from blue cd style to silver cd.
    Not arguing about the y-fold issue, just the sony seal up top issue.
    The titles in question were Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII and Drakan which were never released without the seal as far as I know.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    The titles in question were Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII and Drakan which were never released without the seal as far as I know.
    I'm 99% sure Drakan: The Ancients' Gates got a reprint. Here is why, I have a sorta local store, I like to go to and sometimes snag a decent deal online, that store being Frys.com
    I check there ps2 games every month at least 1 time. In the last 2 months a game that I've never seen in stock there, has suddenly been added.
    Drakan: The Ancients' Gates for $9.96 (brand new and sealed)
    http://www.frys.com/product/3228271?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
    Willing to bet it won't have the sony seal on it. If i didn't have the game already I would snag it in a heartbeat at that price.
    If anybody bites on it, let this topic know your results.

Can you check your Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII, if you opened it up, or are willing to open it. Too see if its a blue back cd, or the newer silver cd that's been popping up recently on a few games.
    Wow, amazon has this game in stock for a game that is 9 years old. Its gotta be a reprint!!?, since a greatest hits version doesn't exist.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sr=1-1&seller=
    Last edited by bcks007; 07-12-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    I'm 99% sure Drakan: The Ancients' Gates got a reprint. Here is why, I have a sorta local store, I like to go to and sometimes snag a decent deal online, that store being Frys.com
    I check there ps2 games every month at least 1 time. In the last 2 months a game that I've never seen in stock there, has suddenly been added.
    Drakan: The Ancients' Gates for $9.96 (brand new and sealed)
    http://www.frys.com/product/3228271?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
    Willing to bet it won't have the sony seal on it. If i didn't have the game already I would snag it in a heartbeat at that price.
    If anybody bites on it, let this topic know your results.

Can you check your Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII, if you opened it up, or are willing to open it. Too see if its a blue back cd, or the newer silver cd that's been popping up recently on a few games.
    Wow, amazon has this game in stock for a game that is 9 years old. Its gotta be a reprint!!?, since a greatest hits version doesn't exist.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sr=1-1&seller=
    I actually saw Drakan at Fry's the other week and it had no top seal, however, I also looked at a number of their copies and they all appeared to have minor wear inside the wrap as if they were distributor returns that had simply been repackaged. I suppose it could be a reprint but I have never seen one that only Fry's would get. Similarly, Amazon only had a handful of copies of Romance VII in stock when I ordered and still has a limited stock. I ended up returning the game, but my recollection was that the wrap felt wrong and didn't have the right Y Fold pattern nor the seal. As such, I believe those were just repacks they bought from their distributors.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

When did Sony stop putting the Sony seals on ps2 games?

Is there a list anywhere for which games have the seal and which don't?

I bought Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, Arcana Heart and a few other Atlus ps2 games on Amazon over the last few months and none of them had the Sony seal.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Rockies View Post
    When did Sony stop putting the Sony seals on ps2 games?

Is there a list anywhere for which games have the seal and which don't?

I bought Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, Arcana Heart and a few other Atlus ps2 games on Amazon over the last few months and none of them had the Sony seal.
    Fall of 2005. The first Sony first party game not to have a seal as far as I know was Shadow of the Colossus. Those games you listed are all from 2008 and were never released with the Sony seal.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've always wanted to know what game and time area it started. I knew it was 2005, but wasn't sure when.