Thread: DFW residents - any place to buy commodore stuff?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Default DFW residents - any place to buy commodore stuff?

Title says it all. I'm in Arlington but would like to know if fellow DPers know of any good vintage computer stores here in the area. In recent times, I've been playing a lot of my C64 and I would love to pick up other hardware and software. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Have you been to Electronic Discount Sales? It's possible they may have some stuff.

908 East Pioneer Parkway
    Arlington, TX 76010-6405
    (817) 548-1992

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Yup, I go there once in a while. Got a nice boxed c64 there once but lately they've had no commodore stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

A couple of years ago I went into a resale shop off Camp Bowie in Fort Worth, and they had possibly 500 floppies, along with the computer and a couple disk drives, one was a third party brand and also boxed. I went home, asked some people online whether or not I should have bought them (they said yes) and by the time I got back to the store a week later it was all gone.

I tend to find some cartridge stuff here and there on rare occasions. Electronic Discount Sales mainly. You might call the CGX store up in Frisco, if I recall they had some carts there.

Radical Dude Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excess Enterprises in Euless off of Highway 10 buys and sells old computer stuff. I haven't been in there in awhile to what they have but it wouldn't hurt to give them a call. (817) 267-9700

Ive seen a few C64 carts around Movie Trading Company as well. They normally mark them as Bulk Video Games for 1.99 each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cracked8ball View Post
    Excess Enterprises in Euless off of Highway 10 buys and sells old computer stuff. I haven't been in there in awhile to what they have but it wouldn't hurt to give them a call. (817) 267-9700
    Is that the place that's built into the side of an ancient Safeway building (large glass front with upswooping roof)? I went in there once years back, wasn't impressed. Maybe it's gotten a bit better since then.

Are there still any Commodore user's groups around anymore? Back in the day I went up to Euless for a Texas Instruments 99/4A user's group meeting. Again, wasn't impressed. And considering that I was only 14 whereas everybody else was in their 30s, I understandably felt a little out of place.

Edit: Now that I think about it, you might want to check Trader's Village. At the far northern row of shops is a stall called Crops Collectibles. In the past he's had a pretty wide assortment of classic games and computers. I bought some rare stuff from him in the past. I know he was whittling down his stuff lately, trying to get rid of things that weren't moving, so he might not have all that much anymore. But it's worth a shot, especially considering how close you are to Trader's Village.
    Last edited by Steve W; 07-10-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Thanks everyone for the replies. Looks like the options are pretty limited. Sometimes I wish I lived in SoCal so I could have more classic options. Oh well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Ahah! You give up too soon, young padawan! For I just came from a location of CGX (formerly an FX Game Exchange) and found this rack of games:

There's one problem, though... this store is down in Temple. That's the bad news. The good news is that next Friday I'll be going down near that area again, so if you'd like me to pick some titles up for you, I can. Honestly, it didn't occur to me to ask how much any of them were. I don't see any price tags in any of the pictures, either. I guess you can call them and ask, then shoot me a PM and let me know if you were interested in any of them. And you should probably ask if they will come with the boxes. This is CGX, after all. You know how much they hate giving the entire package to paying customers.

Radical Dude Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Knowing CGX, they're probably $50 a piece loose. :P