Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canada's Largest Video Game Collection?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    Because DP is the center of the universe and EVERYONE must participate in the glory and honor or posting here?

I've been collecting for 20 years and I don't have a high post count here. What does DP matter really?

I'd assume someone told him about this little thread and he felt compelled to defend himself, right or wrong.

Let me know when it becomes a world wide law that all owners of huge video game collections must sign up and post regularly at the might Digitpress.
    You are awfully sensitive. I do have some respect for Digital Press, but my universe is a bit larger. My train of thought is more general. I feel that the internet is probably the best tool collectors are using to identify games, create lists, and share information about. Most searches will eventually lead to a handful of sites, including Digital Press (an the ones that make up your universe). I think the journalist and his research is not the only one lacking in research, but that Canada's number one collector may similarly be lacking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Because DP is the center of the universe and EVERYONE must participate in the glory and honor or posting here?

I've been collecting for 20 years and I don't have a high post count here. What does DP matter really?

I'd assume someone told him about this little thread and he felt compelled to defend himself, right or wrong.

Let me know when it becomes a world wide law that all owners of huge video game collections must sign up and post regularly at the might Digitpress.
    Leafs suck.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You're right, it's more a U.S. Law. Sorry about that, I know Canada is a few years behind and all.

Just kidding, LOVE YOU GUYS!

#vbender

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

VIDEOGAME COLLECTING MESSAGEBOARD ISSUES HOBBY WIDE DECLARATION OF MARTIAL COLLECTING LAW

CLIFTON, NJ, July 26th, 2011 /DPNewswire/ -- Joe Santulli of Digital Press Co, Inc. announced today that if you collect games and don't view the Digital Press forums on a daily basis "he will come to your house and taze you in the butthole". This new, bold initiative comes from the Digital Press collective after years of dedicated research and tens of dollars on research materials (e.g. beer). Commenting to reporters, Santulli comments "Yes, if any fuckers out there don't want to browse these forums and get some fucking education, they can kiss my red ass." This new initiative is part of a multi-step process where collectors are identified for not browsing DP, isolated from fucking everyone and then, as mentioned early, shocked directly on their anus. When asked how exactly how Digital Press would carry out this final solution, DP administrator Roberto 'O' Flacko said "We know people. Who know people. Who have tazers."

About DP News Wire

DP News Wire is a very small public relations company located in my head. It currently consists of myself, Port, a raving lunatic and GrandAmChandler, his trusty alcoholic cohort. Port formed this relatively new (minutes old!) PR firm in response to some asshole hating on collectors hating on some other collector with a giant ego. DP News Wire features some of the hardest, fastest reporting and press releasing you've ever fucking seen. You haven't seen shit until you've seen DP News Wire.
    Last edited by portnoyd; 07-26-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

port, you're the reason I keep coming back.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken View Post
    DreamTR has 225 arcade/pinball machines?? Really...or is that PCB's. That would be one awesome arcade.
    He owns a commercial arcade.

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Shingetter View Post
    It is if it isn't cartridge.
    So, video games can't be on floppies? Is that what you're saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You guys are hilarious

BTW, no I'm not sensitive on the subject as someone alluded to. I'm more incredulous that its such a big deal. Even the person in question used an asterisk after "Canada's Biggest Collection" or however its worded.

I've had very large and small collections. What matters is enjoyment. Stop worrying about what the other guys says, does, or owns. It shouldn't affect anyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    Leafs suck.
    Thems fightin' words!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Glitch695's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, so I just followed the link to that guy's game list on his site, and uh, I guess I could have 8,000 games if I bought every sports game and guitar hero I came across, but I'd rather have something that doesn't suck.
    He's got like 25 copies of the same year Madden games. Then there's a huge number of other repeat, cross platform sports games and guitar hero stuff, among others.
    I understand the people that want to have complete collections of a certain system (or systems), and that's cool, just not my style. But I don't know if I would be tooting my own horn about my greatest collection in an entire country when I don't even own Snatcher, Guardian Heroes, Little Samson, Panzer Dragoon Saga, ad nauseum.
    I don't mean to sound like a prick, but like I said, if I started buying up every 25 cent sports title I saw at Goodwill every day I'd have the biggest collection in Wisconsin in a year. It just doesn't mean it's the best, or even noteworthy.
    Well Versed in the Classics Podcast - http://wellversedintheclassics.blogspot.com/
    Check us out!

07/04/11 - RIP, Frank Garrett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

guys dont worry, i have star wars battle front 2 for my xbox. i have the best collection. even though it is modded and requires a cellphone charger to turn on
    meoooooowers

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    So, video games can't be on floppies? Is that what you're saying?
    They can be, I just think they are less (for my personal collection) collection worthy. I've got a few computers from the 80's but wouldn't if they didn't take carts.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shingetter View Post
    They can be, I just think they are less (for my personal collection) collection worthy. I've got a few computers from the 80's but wouldn't if they didn't take carts.
    I am the same way with my collecting. Cart based systems only. Nothing against the other stuff. It just isn't for me at the moment.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by horseboy View Post
    He owns a commercial arcade.
    Oh. I did not realize there were any left...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken View Post
    Oh. I did not realize there were any left...
    Check out the link in his sig. Cool place.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I find it interesting that this bothers you enough to start a thread and argument about it. Must be some jealousy there. Who gives a shit anyway. Enjoy your collection because to YOU, that's all that should matter. This all sounds petty and stupid.

The comments bitching and whining about who's is biggest makes you sound like a bunch of jealous children.
    I find it interesting you thought I started an "argument" about it. I just posted the info because of the claims I saw on his website and Wikipedia of all things....

Not sure what anyone has to be "jealous" about, it's a video game collection; the point is more about the shoddy journalism as Doonzmore mentioned before but if consider my questioning the integrity of the article for correctness as jealousy you really don't know a thing about me then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    I find it interesting you thought I started an "argument" about it. I just posted the info because of the claims I saw on his website and Wikipedia of all things....

Not sure what anyone has to be "jealous" about, it's a video game collection; the point is more about the shoddy journalism as Doonzmore mentioned before but if consider my questioning the integrity of the article for correctness as jealousy you really don't know a thing about me then.
    Sorry, perhaps jealousy was the wrong word.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    daddypushi

Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar View Post
    Lol!!! Is this the best you can do? I swear, the trolls around this place are getting to be laughable!

Actually, my collection, though not the size of some of the ones I listed, comes in at right about 4,000 games. Hardly small by pretty much anybody's definition. With that, I manage to maintain a full time job, attend classes to further my career, spend time with my wife, keep my dogs well exercised, travel extensively (spent the past 2 weeks traveling), maintain a house, maintain several cars, and still have time to pursue not only my other hobbies, but spend time playing and hunting for video games.

So if you want "first hand" knowledge, yes, I can offer that and yes, you are incorrect in your assumption. Maybe from your perspective it's not possible, but I've given you several names that prove that it is indeed possible to have not only a sizable and quality collection, but also a meaningful life away from the hobby. Perhaps you can't manage it, but it is certainly possible.
    so you confirm that you try, clean and maintain every single one of your 4000 games on a regular basis and have time to do everything else? or you just pile them up and hoard them? because if you can then you have the wrong SC you should be Flash!

there is a thin line between collector and hoarder!

yeah with just a few posts! once a month! yeah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MarriottGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mastamuzz View Post
    so you confirm that you try, clean and maintain every single one of your 4000 games on a regular basis and have time to do everything else? or you just pile them up and hoard them? because if you can then you have the wrong SC you should be Flash!

there is a thin line between collector and hoarder!

yeah with just a few posts! once a month! yeah
    I know 98PaceCar well and am very familiar with his collection. He is not only an esteemed collector, but more importantly a person known for excellence of character and class. He is a gamer first, collector second. That being said, very few of us have the time we would like to invest into our mutually shared passion - video gaming. The ridiculous question you posed only confirms your suspected ignorance as it applies to video game collecting.

I am usually reserved in my comments in these forums, but your recent postings are purely confrontational in nature. IMHO and experience, this approach will not garner you many allies nor the respect of the community. Taking a different track in the future may provide better results.

Terry
    Last edited by Marriott_Guy; 08-14-2011 at 02:48 PM.
    Terry | Marriott_Guy

Video Game Console Library | http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com