Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deltoid Steep
    PSN
    Deltoid-Steep

Default New city, new home, new game rooms

So I made a similar thread a few years back but I have recently moved away from home and a new place of residence means a new setup! Hope you enjoy.

Here's the retro setup with the systems I usually keep hooked up.

Close up of the top of the TV/console shelves

More consoles and stuff

Here's the game shelf. Getting close to 800 games now.

Living room setup for current consoles

And finally the office setup. I don't really do PC gaming aside from Starcraft but there's still plenty of game related stuff in here.

That's it!

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

I would worry about ventilation for the Gamecube, Xbox, and Dreamcast but overall it looks pretty sweet. I just wish my games were that organized. lol

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks awesome, although I can just imagine all those boxes saying "The light, it burnssssssss!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deltoid Steep
    PSN
    Deltoid-Steep

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    I would worry about ventilation for the Gamecube, Xbox, and Dreamcast but overall it looks pretty sweet. I just wish my games were that organized. lol
    Hasn't been a problem so far, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Looks awesome, although I can just imagine all those boxes saying "The light, it burnssssssss!"
    Haha I usually have all light from that window blocked off, just wanted to get more light for the photo.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It all looks great -- except I cannot abide anything plush, and that horse on the wall offends my sensibilities...but the games are what matters, and that shelving looks nice. I need to remember that reddish paint with white as well...for my gameroom aspirations...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Looks great! Bonus for the Boba Fett/Sarlaac statue in the last picture. I've had the exact same one in my game room for the last 7 years.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

very nice! Congrats on the move to. I only just moved out of my parents place (again) a few months ago and will now be moving to california only to live with them again (for awhile) sadly no games at all atm

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Very cool. I am going to be doing something very similar in a couple months I hope. My girlfriend is all for trying out video games so I can be as expressive as I want to be with my setup.Another fun thing will be actually getting to do youtube videos of the stuff again, and maybe do a better job of it. Being spread out also means having easier access to things.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deltoid Steep
    PSN
    Deltoid-Steep

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken View Post
    It all looks great -- except I cannot abide anything plush, and that horse on the wall offends my sensibilities...but the games are what matters, and that shelving looks nice. I need to remember that reddish paint with white as well...for my gameroom aspirations...
    Haha thanks, that was my very first time doing custom shelves, I thought it turned out pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Looks great! Bonus for the Boba Fett/Sarlaac statue in the last picture. I've had the exact same one in my game room for the last 7 years.
    Boba Fett's the man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Those shelves provide plenty of ventilation to your classic systems-don't worry about that. Just make sure you run the vaccuum over them every now and again to keep the dust from building up. You should get something to put on your records shelf to make sure your LPs are vertically stored. I've seen ruined LPs due to shelving them at even a slight lean (with other LPs leaning against them). You have a really great setup!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I like it. Your retro set up looks nice.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by deltoidsteep View Post
    Hasn't been a problem so far, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on that.
    Heat damage is like going too far past a scheduled oil change. It isn't likely to cause an immediate problem, but it's not going to help the longevity of your automobile and over time can cause a serious issue to develop.

They're not going to warn you that they're getting too hot. They're just going to get damaged if they overheat, which is when you're going to become aware of it. And at that point, it's too late since the damage is done.

Nice game room, but I certainly support the advice you've recieved to give your consoles with a internal fan a bit more breathing room. I think the Dreamcast probably has just enough room, but the GameCube without a doubt has side vents almost blocked, the Xbox might if there isn't enough room behind it for the rear vents, and it's hard to tell with your three current gen consoles, but I'd suggest double checking those as well just to be sure.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 07-17-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deltoid Steep
    PSN
    Deltoid-Steep

Quote Originally Posted by boatofcar View Post
    Those shelves provide plenty of ventilation to your classic systems-don't worry about that. Just make sure you run the vaccuum over them every now and again to keep the dust from building up. You should get something to put on your records shelf to make sure your LPs are vertically stored. I've seen ruined LPs due to shelving them at even a slight lean (with other LPs leaning against them). You have a really great setup!
    Thanks, I'll have to make sure we get them up straight somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Heat damage is like going too far past a scheduled oil change. It isn't likely to cause an immediate problem, but it's not going to help the longevity of your automobile and over time can cause a serious issue to develop.

They're not going to warn you that they're getting too hot. They're just going to get damaged if they overheat, which is when you're going to become aware of it. And at that point, it's too late since the damage is done.

Nice game room, but I certainly support the advice you've recieved to give your consoles with a internal fan a bit more breathing room. I think the Dreamcast probably has just enough room, but the GameCube without a doubt has side vents almost blocked, the Xbox might if there isn't enough room behind it for the rear vents, and it's hard to tell with your three current gen consoles, but I'd suggest double checking those as well just to be sure.
    I'll have to rearrange that so they get some air. I'd prefer my consoles last as long as possible.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the desk setup. Your retro corner is making me kick myself for getting rid of all of my old CRTs and tube TVs.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector