Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best upscalers for....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish I could just buy a monitor with all this razzmatazz built in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I wish I could just buy a monitor with all this razzmatazz built in.
    That would be a RUNCO display panel. Something like 20 Gs MSRP for a 50" plasma a few years ago.

__________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish I could buy it, then, because it would mean I was rich.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Queen_Zoe

I'll bump this to mention that I just recently picked up a Videon Omega HDP. It's a big, ugly, nine pound box which is more than ten years old. I'd heard about its 240p line doubling being top notch, but I honestly wasn't expecting it to be too much better than the equipment I already had. I plugged my AV Famicom into it though, and it blew me away. Once one has disabled a few options which are unnecessary for gaming, the picture quality rivals that of any CRT I've ever seen.

The not-very bad news: There is some input lag. It isn't an enormous amount by any stretch of the imagination (maybe 2-3 frames), but it's certainly there. I adjusted rather quickly, and I was able to play through a few games without issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Zoe F

Good to know, thanks. Have you had a chance to play around with the FrameMeister at all? I've been impressed so far.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Queen_Zoe

I have not. It's currently out of my price range, but it's certainly something I want to eventually invest in. Knowing it uses the same video processing as the top of the line Oppo Blu-ray players, there's very little doubt in my mind that it's going to be well worth the money. It's still pretty annoying to think that I'm probably going to have to keep the DVDO Edge around for relatively recent HD content, the Videon for non-RGB game systems and old movies that haven't seen release since the Beta/VHS/Laserdisc era, and the XRGB for those systems which can run in RGB. Oh what a ridiculous stack of hardware that's going to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe F View Post
    I have not. It's currently out of my price range, but it's certainly something I want to eventually invest in. Knowing it uses the same video processing as the top of the line Oppo Blu-ray players, there's very little doubt in my mind that it's going to be well worth the money. It's still pretty annoying to think that I'm probably going to have to keep the DVDO Edge around for relatively recent HD content, the Videon for non-RGB game systems and old movies that haven't seen release since the Beta/VHS/Laserdisc era, and the XRGB for those systems which can run in RGB. Oh what a ridiculous stack of hardware that's going to be.

That's not so bad.

I have about 4-5 processors on each gaming/home theater setup with 3 major setups in different parts of the house. Then on top of that the various powered splitters, repeaters, matrix units, high-end selectors, etc on each setup it's really hard to keep it from becoming a cable jungle.

__________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Queen_Zoe

To be fair, my entire setup/collection is working out of a single bedroom. It wouldn't be nearly so bad if I had a bigger area to work with, but I've always had to devise a way to build an elaborate setup while still keeping the room cleanly and attractive enough for anyone who might share it with me. Adding another three processors would just about make me weep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty happy with the way my PS3 upscales DVDs. I don't have laser disc or VHS player, so I'm focused squarely on old game consoles. Luckily everything is hooked up to one TV.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com