Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Well this makes buying another system so my wife can get her Animal Crossing fix alot less painful
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Really sucks for those who bought it on day one, but the free 20 games was a nice gesture.

Something like this was pretty inevitable though. If Nintendo kept the 3DS the exact same price point until the PS Vita launch, then Vita would probably have been the winner no contest. Either that, or maybe Nintendo should have waited a bit longer before announcing the price drop as there's a lot Sony can end up doing in four months.

I still think the Vita is the far better system for its price as it has every feature available that the 3DS(minus 3D and dual screen) has plus extras and is more powerful than the Wii. Unfortunately everyone looks price rather than functionality most of the time, and this will cause a dent in Sony's sales for the Vita no doubt. Come on Sony. Fire back with a $199 PS Vita.

[I'm not too disappointed by the price drop. Actually, I'm happy as a calm since I'm getting 20 free games with my $250 purchase.

(Which makes Sony's PSN compensation look really weak.)
    Yeah. $80 dollars for 20 free games that most Nintendo fans already have or four free games(out of nine) that some PS3/PSP fans already have because your name, address, and password is stolen, as well as a month of PSN downtime. Neither deal is good, but I'll take Sony's deal being that my identity is safe and I got it all for nothing more than an inconvenience.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kind of a slap in the face to early adopters, regardless. This probably puts more pressure on Sony, which actually has an intriguing piece of hardware coming.

I'm still waiting until they revise the hardware, come out with good games and drop the price of the software. I shouldn't have to pay $30-$40 for Tetris 3D when I get pretty much the same thing on a smart phone for a fraction of the price.

I wonder if this will have an effect on their Wii U strategy at all.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Glad I fucking waited. I thought the 3DS had a weak launch line up, so there was nothing to entice me to buy one. None of the free games interest me either as I already own most of them.

I'm still going to wait for more/better games and to see if they announce anything else (like a 3DS XL or the like).

I'm very interested to see what Sony does with the Vita, price-wise. That's such a sweet looking handheld.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I just thought of something for those that were now going to pick up the 3DS due to the price drop.

The only reason this would work is we know of it in advance. Go and pick it up for the $250 price point before the price drop. Join the Ambassador Program, get the free 20 games and as soon as the price drop hits, bring your receipt back to the store and complain. Being that it's been less than a month you are able to get a refund back up to whatever you paid more($80.) Do it on Amazon and you don't have to pay for tax(just make sure you don't do free shipping or you might not get it in time.)
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-28-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I just thought of something for those that were now going to pick up the 3DS due to the price drop.

The only reason this would work is we know of it in advance. Go and pick it up for the $250 price point before the price drop. Join the Ambassador Program, get the free 20 games and as soon as the price drop hits, bring your receipt back to the store and complain. Being that it's been less than a month you are able to get a refund back up to whatever you paid more($80.) Do it on Amazon and you don't have to pay for tax(just make sure you don't do free shipping or you might not get it in time.)
    This is what I was thinking too. But I might rather just get a used system for even cheaper than getting 20 games that I don't want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I think we should add you to the "ethics guy" pile.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a 3DS yesterday.

Crap.

Unlike most people here (and I assume most people in general), I don't have any of the downloadable games, as I don't have an NES or much GBA stuff.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not a good plan at all with regard to Amazon. They don't price adjust on anything but TVs now. While you might be able to convince a customer service rep to give you a credit, it's definitely YMMV with the likelihood now that this is public knowledge of them saying no very high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    mebinici
    PSN
    mebinici

Here is Nintendo's official statement? Anyone thinking that Black Friday will have some killer deals?

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nintendo of America today announced plans to drop the suggested retail price of its portable Nintendo 3DS™system to $169.99 in the United States, as new games based on some of the world’s most beloved video game franchises head to the system. The new price, down from the suggested launch price of $249.99 and effective Aug. 12, makes an outstanding value even better and sets up a strong holiday season for the system.

“For anyone who was on the fence about buying a Nintendo 3DS, this is a huge motivation to buy now,” said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. “We are giving shoppers every incentive to pick up a Nintendo 3DS, from an amazing new price to a rapid-fire succession of great games.”

Nintendo 3DS has the strongest software lineup of any video game system this holiday season and the new price now opens up the glasses-free 3D experience to many more consumers. Building on the popularity of The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D, which launched June 19, the upcoming game calendar is a Who’s Who of iconic video game franchises. Star Fox 64™ 3D arrives on Sept. 9, followed by Super Mario™ 3D Land in November, Mario Kart™ 7 in December and Kid Icarus™: Uprising during the holiday season. In addition to great games, Nintendo 3DS has a host of attractive features* that make it the must-have video game system this season:

The new Nintendo Video™ service automatically delivers short 3D videos from the worlds of music, comedy, animation and Hollywood.A free application allows Netflix members with unlimited streaming plans to instantly watch TV episodes and movies streaming from Netflix.

The Nintendo eShop is a digital store for Nintendo 3DS owners that provides access to a wide variety of downloadable content, such as original 3D software, classic games that have been re-mastered in 3D called 3D Classics, Game Boy™ and Game Boy Color “Virtual Console” games in their original 2D glory, and more than 350 Nintendo DSiWare™ games. Visitors can also view video game trailers, screen shots and product information for games, including those available at retail locations.

Since Nintendo 3DS launched in the United States on March 27, more than 830,000 people in the U.S. alone have purchased one to enjoy 3D visuals without the need for special glasses. These Nintendo 3DS owners represent some of Nintendo’s most loyal customers, and Nintendo is rewarding them for getting in on the action early with 20 free downloadable games from the Nintendo eShop.

These free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program. The program contains two elements:

Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi’s Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

More details about this program will be announced in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    I think we should add you to the "ethics guy" pile.
    I'm only suggesting doing something within your legal bounds. I wouldn't go to Ebay and bid $400 on Little Samson because I know I'm not going to win it at that price just because I want to be a dick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I'm only suggesting doing something within your legal bounds. I wouldn't go to Ebay and bid $400 on Little Samson because I know I'm not going to win it at that price just because I want to be a dick.
    You'd be surprised what you can get away with legally. Doesn't make it ethical.

This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only reason this would work is we know of it in advance. Go and pick it up for the $250 price point before the price drop. Join the Ambassador Program, get the free 20 games and as soon as the price drop hits, bring your receipt back to the store and complain. Being that it's been less than a month you are able to get a refund back up to whatever you paid more($80.)
    Brilliant idea. I'm sure a store owner like Joe would love his customers pulling nonsense like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Wouldn't Nintendo have to eat the cost rather than the store it was purchased at? With the price drop there's sure to be some reimbursement for overstock 3DS. The 3DS that are not in stock and under the 30 day return policy should also be covered if they're returned within that period of time.

So you ever play emulators Skaar? Or give a 360 to a family member with a bunch of burnt games because Microsoft locked your console from XBL for not purchasing their overpriced hard drives? Even the most saintly person does something that people wouldn't agree with(speaking of saintly, should I bring up priests?)

I'm not even going to buy a 3DS and do it. I only recommended it. I'm still waiting for the 3DS XL with a battery life that is more than three hours.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-28-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Wouldn't Nintendo have to eat the cost rather than the store it was purchased at? With the price drop there's sure to be some reimbursement for overstock 3DS. The 3DS that are not in stock and under the 30 day return policy should also be covered if they're returned within that period of time.
    Now you're rationalizing. What the hell, man.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

So you ever play emulators Skaar? Or give a 360 to a family member with a bunch of burnt games because Microsoft locked your console from XBL for not purchasing their overpriced hard drives? Even the most saintly person does something that people wouldn't agree with(speaking of saintly, should I bring up priests?)

I'm not even going to buy a 3DS and do it. I only recommended it. I'm still waiting for the 3DS XL with a battery life that is more than three hours.
    I use emulators and have given away a 360 with burned games.

These actions fit within my personal code of ethics. Your actions fit within yours. I'm comfortable with mine, and I'm glad you're comfortable with yours.

I just don't agree with yours.

But I will download my 20 3DS games

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actions over words man. Look at the world, people don't need recommendations to be pricks. They're doing fairly well without help.

If you want both the low price and the 20 games, a perfectly honest means to that is to buy a used one that was connected to E-Shop (check the unit before you buy) when the used prices drop along with the retail.
    Last edited by Icarus Moonsight; 07-28-2011 at 01:33 PM.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I was just saying why not if you're interested in picking the system up anyways. The games are atleast 10 years old and it's pretty much emulation regardless, so whether you got the games on your 3DS by doing it through these specific unethical means, or you get a flash card and play the same games through other unethical means, it's still emulation. You're still doing what you shouldn't be doing.

I'm sure no one in this forum is by the book. Everyone here that has a PSP probably has one that's downgraded. I'm sure that those that do have a downgraded PSP have atleast one emulator.

For those that do have the system, enjoy the 20 games. I'd say the 10 already listed are pretty good.

Actions over words man. Look at the world, people don't need recommendations to be pricks. They're doing fairly well without help
    This is true. There's this thread in classic gaming about bidding on Little Samson for example.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-28-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

If Nintendo wants to make more money, how about make 3DS region free and release Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Pandora’s Tower, and the Mother series (Earthbound) to N. America. I'm sure that will make your fan happy and make your investor happy.