Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Default FS: Saturn Winning Post US Sealed

Before it goes to eBay, Winning Post by Koei for the US Saturn, brand new. Only taking cash offers. (Have to somehow get back all the dough I'm spending for CGE...). PM offers, kthx.

dave

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm interested... what's the price?
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: FS: Saturn Winning Post US Sealed

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    Only taking cash offers. PM offers, kthx.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw that, but it's like the yard sale item with no price, annoying to not have some base of what they think the item is worth.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't understand why people cannot or refuse to make an offer. If you're interested in something, then you probably already know it's general value. It's about what YOU think it's worth, and how much you are willing to pay.

Most times if you make a fair offer to someone, you'll can get it a few bucks cheaper than market value. If you're only looking to get it for really cheap (which I think a lot of people around here are) then stick to flea markets and ebay BIN's.

Are people just afraid to make offers or what?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've found that on a forum, offering full market value to someone you don't know on an item you can't see isn't usually a smart thing to do. You're right that you can usually get it slightly under market value but I've had more than one instance where the opinion of value differed so greatly that the seller was offended and one time even smeared me all over the forum (somewhere else) because I 'insulted' him with my offer. It's just one bad example but I think the hesitation to offend is what leads people to not want to make offers without some base price and it also leads sellers to not want to set a base price and only ask for offers.

If I were more interested in this item I would have made an offer, as you've said, but I would definitely rather have an open mint copy than a sealed copy and I wouldn't open a sealed copy myself and decrease the sealed population by one. Winning Post is one of the few remaining hard titles I need for the Saturn.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default a

I ususally hate making offers because when I do, the person comes back with, " well I was really wanting to get X for it"

Then why didn't ya say that! ARRRGG. Making offers blows, ususally. Sometimes it works out though, I guess.

-Rob.
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

Don't be hate the playa...hate da game!
    My life and perception has changed, but my principals are the same.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky
    Don't be hate the playa...hate da game!
    Mmm, the mantra of the individual unwilling to accept personal accountability for one's actions.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default offers

Ta da! Digital Press Collector's Guide to the rescue!

http://www.digitpress.com/lists/saturn.pdf

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttasuperb
    I don't understand why people cannot or refuse to make an offer. If you're interested in something, then you probably already know it's general value. It's about what YOU think it's worth, and how much you are willing to pay.

Most times if you make a fair offer to someone, you'll can get it a few bucks cheaper than market value. If you're only looking to get it for really cheap (which I think a lot of people around here are) then stick to flea markets and ebay BIN's.

Are people just afraid to make offers or what?
    Amen Butta! I couldn't have said it any better!

Chadtower: Usually if you want an item bad enough, you should do a little research for the market price. Like a completed item search on ebay or asking some of your friends on this board. Don't get me wrong, if I can get a game cheaper, I would like that too, but when it comes to rarer items like this, most items start out with "make me an offer". The seller doesn't want to set the price too low and screw themself, if multiple people place offers, he can get somewhat of an idea of what it will sell for. If they don't get an offer that is to their liking, then they can just list on ebay and not be held to a certain price point. (Dave is just keeping his options open)

I just bought a couple of pretty rare items this week that were "for sale, make me an offer" When that happens with highly rare items, you need to make a serious offer, if you don't know the market too well on the item you are buying, then it might not be the time to buy it.

Don't take this the wrong way, just sharing my point of view.

Danny

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've made offers several times and have been "trashed" because of it.
    Just say you want to get around $50.00 or whatever for it and let offers go from there.
    Everyone is blasting people for not making offers but it seems to me it is the sellers hoping to get some sucker to pay more than it's worth. ( Not directed at you Portnoyd ).
    Also haven't you noticed by now that posts with prices get a lot more response than those that say " make an offer ) .
    That is all , I'll return you to your normal broadcast.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    Chadtower: Usually if you want an item bad enough, you should do a little research for the market price. Like a completed item search on ebay or asking some of your friends on this board. Don't get me wrong, if I can get a game cheaper, I would like that too, but when it comes to rarer items like this, most items start out with "make me an offer". The seller doesn't want to set the price too low and screw themself, if multiple people place offers, he can get somewhat of an idea of what it will sell for. If they don't get an offer that is to their liking, then they can just list on ebay and not be held to a certain price point. (Dave is just keeping his options open)
    Been there, done that, I know the market value. A serious seller should have also done that work and therefore can ask market value. There are two parties in this transaction and it really should be the seller's burden to set the price, not the buyer's. If a seller wants to sell but doesn't know what price they will accept then perhaps it's not the right time to sell.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chadtower
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    Been there, done that, I know the market value. A serious seller should have also done that work and therefore can ask market value. There are two parties in this transaction and it really should be the seller's burden to set the price, not the buyer's. If a seller wants to sell but doesn't know what price they will accept then perhaps it's not the right time to sell.
    EXACTLY !!!!!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Then there's times when I might be selling something that doesn't necessary have to sell, but I'll throw it out there see if anyone is interested. If someone sends along a good offer, I'll usually sell whatever it is. And by "good offer" I don't mean way above market value, I don't always sell stuff at outrageous ebay prices (unless I'm selling on ebay). As long as it's give or take 5 bucks what I originally paid, that's cool.

I also hate it when someone tells me what they have for trade, then asks which games I want from the list for the trade. MAKE AN OFFER. It's not tough.

Not all sellers are out to get maximum money for their goods.

And I apologize for derailing the thread. I hope portnoyd sells the game, so he can buy some soap and stop smelling like shit, at least for one day.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

So, umm.... yeah.

dave

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you guys really shoulda made a new post on the topic you are discussing instead of railroading portnoyd's thread.

besides we all know portnoyd would trade a night with a busty brunette for this game.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G
    you guys really shoulda made a new post on the topic you are discussing instead of railroading portnoyd's thread.

besides we all know portnoyd would trade a night with a busty brunette for this game.
    That was not my intention and I am sure Dave understands that. If I was in the market for Saturn games right now, I would definitely be placing an offer with Dave.

Danny

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G
    Ding ding ding!

dave

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know an extremely large chested brunette who very likely would do portnoyd until he could barely walk in return for that game...

His name is Jose. Any interest, Portnoyd?