Thread: FS/FT: Vectrex & Zombie Controller & Star Trek Cart

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FS/FT: Vectrex & Zombie Controller & Star Trek Cart

Well, I've resurrected another Vectrex & controller. Zombie Vectrex!

I failed to get many "before" pictures--I have just the 2 from the auction. But, looking at the "after" pictures, you can get an idea of the extent of the damage...

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f...rex/?start=all

I repaired the circuit board by jumpering all broken connections & installing replacement 10k joystick-zeroing pots. I then fashioned replacement PCB-locating pins from a pair of 4-40 button head cap screws so that the PCB would align with the buttons.

I had to rebuild much of the controller housing. It was shot, so I trimmed away some more material to remove the jagged edges. Then, I turned to my electronics/industrial/robotics hoarder friend (hoarder in a healthy way!) & he hooked me up with some VHS tape housings. Oh boy, the hinged flap on a VHS tape is aaaalmost wide enough to act as the front of the controller. What a tease! I ended up using 2 VHS hinged flaps & cutting each to a little over 50% of its length, & then bonding them with some backing material to support them. I also fashioned controller sides from VHS tape flap parts. Then, it was a bit of dremeling, filing, & fussing to get the controller to mate into the system & flip up & latch (though it's a little fussy with the latching--I think the cord has a funny kink in it & gets bunched up & gets in the way). After it was all good, I put hefty fillets of JB Weld on all of the inside seams to reinforce it. The controller actually looks stock at a glance & is comfortable to use!

The console was in better shape--it has an address engraved into the side by the cartridge port, it has a hole in the top right side of the back shell (currently filled with a button head cap screw), and now the monitor is all tuned in & sweet with pretty straight letters & almost no ripple.

So, I've now got a 100% working Vectrex with some character & a custom controller & a Star Trek cart for sale. What's a fair price? $100 + shipping?

Any offers? I'm in USA 91107.

Thanks!
    -Jason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

***sold***