Hi;

I've been thinking of purchasing a larger HDD for my 360 and was hoping I could get some insight on a few things. I've been blissfully unaware of how this stuff worked until just a few days ago because I never figured on upgrading my HDD, so forgive the ignorance.

More than likely I'll probably pick up one of the unlicensed HDD's and an unlicensed transfer cable. I understand that with the Microsoft licensed cable the whole transfer process is done on the console, while the Datel-knockoff cables let you back it up to a PC.

Really what it amounts to is this; I've got a few paid XBLA titles on my current HDD but I do not have access to XBL. From my understanding, even if I used official, licensed equipment for both the transfer cable and HDD I would still be unable to play those games until I got a chance to get back onto XBL and go through some sort of license-migration thing. Is that right?

If I used the unlicensed transfer cable, will this allow me to skip that whole process with changing licenses for the XBLA games? Every tutorial or discussion regarding this I've read always has to do with owning a modded 360.