Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: $14,000 NES on the show "Storage Wars".

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I was watching this show, and a guy found an Atari 2600 with a few common games, and said he could get like $500 for it. No idea where they get these prices. Then again, I'm sure one of us would overvalue something we weren't familiar with if we really didn't know the specifics and just loosely skimmed the Internet.

I've heard of them finding computer terminals and such that sell for way more than the furniture right next to it and not giving it the time of day. :/

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/11/storag...mmits-suicide/

So the genius on Storage Wars who claimed a run of the mill NES toaster NES-001 was worth thousands of dollars, committed suicide. Had a drug problem.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, thats sad, I didnt think he looked like a good guy but he seemed ok. Now I guess he was putting up a show to people who didnt know what his life was like.

I watched this episode with my dad, and he didnt believe it and I reassured him the guy was wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/11/storag...mmits-suicide/

So the genius on Storage Wars who claimed a run of the mill NES toaster NES-001 was worth thousands of dollars, committed suicide. Had a drug problem.
    Going on the string of blurbs of an article, it appears to me that being arrested for drugs was his drug problem. The man may have had a bad addiction for all I know, but it seems reasonable to say that it was getting caught by the police that was the impetus for his suicide. To hell with our country's wretched drug laws. Too many lives are unnecessarily shattered because of them.

So, to Mark Balelo, Jacob Green, and many more you've never seen, this song sung by the Man in Black goes out:

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

It's a good thing this got bumped because actually, not all the Storage Wars stuff is bs. My uncle sometimes goes to check out the storage auctions around here, bid and won one recently. It had a lot of expensive military equipment, two laptops, a CRT, and a treadmill. After selling it all, they got a lot more than they paid for the unit.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If i lot my storage room, id lose all my lifes stuff, toys, consoles games, books, note books, tons of stuff. id have to get money from friends to win it at auction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    It's a good thing this got bumped because actually, not all the Storage Wars stuff is bs. My uncle sometimes goes to check out the storage auctions around here, bid and won one recently. It had a lot of expensive military equipment, two laptops, a CRT, and a treadmill. After selling it all, they got a lot more than they paid for the unit.
    I don't think anyone is questioning if storage auctions are BS, just that these shows over dramatize the stuff found in the units with rumors of planting interesting and expensive items running rampant. It wouldn't be an interesting show if everyone just found everyday household items and barely broke even.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Quote Originally Posted by IHatedSega View Post
    Wow, thats sad, I didnt think he looked like a good guy but he seemed ok. Now I guess he was putting up a show to people who didnt know what his life was like.

I watched this episode with my dad, and he didnt believe it and I reassured him the guy was wrong.
    Yeah I actually know exactly the reason he thought the system was worth $14000. It was that Stadium EVents NES lot that sold for that much on ebay and made news. Many people didn't pay attention to the fact it was Stadium Events CIB itself that garnered that value and not the NES itself.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]