Thread: Neo Geo games on the PS3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Neo Geo games on the PS3

I have to say that I am loving the Neo Geo games on the PS3. Always wanted a Neo Geo, but could never justify or afford a system and games. Playing them on my 60" LCD is pretty amazing. They look great and play as I remembered from the arcade (and MAME). Only complaint is that the selection is limited. No Samauri Shodown 2, Nam 1975, Pulstar, Garou: Mark of the Wolves. I mean, why not just release the entire library?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

I noticed recently that the PS3 is getting a lot of arcade ports, Genesis titles, and TurboGrafx-16 titles as well lately. They even have Bonk's Adventure, Dungeon Explorer and Neutopia.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

They spread them out to maximize sales. You're prime evidence for why they do it. If they had released everything they could've, you may of just bought Samauri Shodown 2, Nam 1975, Pulstar, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, etc.

Instead, you very well may of bought a game or two that you'd of just passed up on otherwise if they had released everything they could and all of your favorites had been included from day 1.

Plus, it protects them if sales are less than promising. They could just discontinue the program and not be out of a dozens of expensive ESRB ratings fees and such for games they've decided they'd rather of not have released in the first place if they're not selling like they had hoped.

It minimizes their risk and maximizes the exposure that each release recieves.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 08-13-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    They spread them out to maximize sales. You're prime evidence for why they do it. If they had released everything they could've, you may of just bought Samauri Shodown 2, Nam 1975, Pulstar, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, etc.

Instead, you very well may of bought a game or two that you'd of just passed up on otherwise if they had released everything they could and all of your favorites had been included from day 1.

Plus, it protects them if sales are less than promising. They could just discontinue the program and not be out of a dozens of expensive ESRB ratings fees and such for games they've decided they'd rather of not have released in the first place if they're not selling like they had hoped.

It minimizes their risk and maximizes the exposure that each release recieves.
    Good point. I just hope they don't wait forever to get some new games up.

Good to hear about the TG-16 games. I will have to look for them. Also, I know this wil probably never happen, but some actual arcade emulation would be nice too. Something like Rastan, Robotron, Sinistar, etc.