Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: "Classic" games you never understood the appeal of

Insert Coin (Level 0) spongerob's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pixelsnpolygons View Post
    Super Smash Bros. (Melee, etc.), Kid Icarus. In the case of Kid Icarus it could just be that I played it too late (it was probably around 2003 the first time I played it). Nothing about the game seemed to deserve all of the praise I had been reading for years. It's just an alright game. Super Smash Bros. (any game in the series) I do appreciate in terms of production - they always add a ton of great stuff. However, the mechanics of the game - there's way too much going on, jumping all over the place, falling off platforms, dodging crazy projectiles. It's like what is going on inside the head of a kindergartener. I don't know how anyone could play it for more than 30 minutes a day. And I'll fully admit I'm crappy at the game, but even when I watch videos of people are who good at it it doesn't look fun.
    Agree 100%. I'm not good at SSB but even when I see people who are good at it, it just looks like Lotsa Stuff Happening. I could never play it for more than 20 minutes at a time. It felt like the result of showing an eight year old a proper fighting game, and told him to make something fun. He'd just put random shit everywhere, too much of everything and stuff happening all over the screen.

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh yeah, totally agree on Super Smash Bros. It's one of those series that I really want to like, but no matter how many times I try, I can't get into it! I own all three games, and with each newer version I would expect to find some element to latch onto, but it's never there. I love the variety, the collectibles, and the absurd level of fan-service, but the fighting itself feels shallow and haphazard. I can never tell exactly what's going on.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    The Zelda Collector's Edition official guide maps every dungeon in Zelda II.
    Uh......oops!