So I was playing Cadash on my new Turbografx-16 just now. The dialogue is different in the arcade, Genesis, and TG16 versions of the game. In this version, I think they tried to go for a comedic twist, but failed...

After you defeat the boss the first time (who also has a different name in each version), you are warped back to the castle to discover that the king who sent you on this quest the whole time, was actually the enemy. So you fight him. But, as always, there's some cheesy dialogue... but I didn't expect this...

That's actually what it says... It was so strange. The game had this moderately serious tone in their dialogue, but the first time you fight the boss, when he teleports away, he says "C'ya" as in "see ya"! What? ... Then this? And who the heck is Carl Sagan? That's what I wondered... Here's a link to the wikipedia page about him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Sagan. Basically, he was an astronomer who believed in aliens. I don't understand how that has anything to do with "He who is strongest survives," but whatever.

I was still surprised to see something like this in the game. While I loved Cadash and playing it completely through, this... I don't know, seems to kind damage the experience for me, but yet, it makes me laugh, which enhances it... It's weird...