Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    I'd like to know more about this one. That Frisco logo looks like the town that I'm in, Frisco Texas. I wonder if that CD or the band hails from there.

Here's a picture of the old water tower with the logo on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisco,_Texas
    ... SAN Francisco Frisco.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    ... SAN Francisco Frisco.
    I figured that was probably it. I did some quick research on that logo and its an old railroad logo for the St. Louis to San Francisco line. I guess that's why every town named Frisco uses some form of it as their logo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

All I ended up finding today was a copy of Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure for the Sega CD, complete for $3.99. At the same store was a Japanese import N64 cart of Virtual 64 ProWrestling. I left it there, because (a) it's wrestling, (b) I'd rather perform abdominal surgery on myself than use the N64's idiotically designed controller, and (c) I don't want to mod my N64 (wherever in storage it is) just to play it. If they had Sin and Punishment, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But not a wrestling game. And I'm a guy who loves grabbing any import games when I come across them.

Something odd that I came across today at my favorite thrift, two long blue plastic carrying cases, one of which was open a little bit and had a human foot hanging out of it. On closer inspection, I discovered that they were CPR dolls, "Resusitation-Annies". It chills me to the bone thinking about what kinds of activities somebody would do with thrift store CRP dolls...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I don't want to mod my N64
    There are N64 import adapters that can usually be found for $5-15 and I have yet to find a game that hasn't worked on mine.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    There are N64 import adapters that can usually be found for $5-15 and I have yet to find a game that hasn't worked on mine.
    Meh, the N64 is one of my least favorite systems, so if I come across any import games that look good I'll keep the adapter in mind but only if I can put out the absolute minimum of effort in getting one. Shoot, I'd love to find some imports locally, but other than that wrestling game, pretty much nothing.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty sure any Gameshark would work for playing imports on your N64 (since it would just act as a passthru device).
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up a few things over the last couple days.

Brave Fencer Musashi - $9 from local pawn
    52 in 1 NES multicart - $10 from used record shop
    Comix Zone & Honeybee 60-72 pin adapter - $10 from a different used record shop
    Sonic Youth & The Feelies tapes - $2 each from local thrift

SNES Super Multitap - $5 from local thrift
    Castlevania III Dracula's Curse & Pesterminator - both complete - traded a loose Sega CD model 2 for both of these.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I found a Logitech Harmony 520 remote in good condition for $3. It works fine, and it seems to have codes for my old DVD/VCR, which is a good thing. No other universal remote seems to know anything about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I found a Logitech Harmony 520 remote in good condition for $3. It works fine, and it seems to have codes for my old DVD/VCR, which is a good thing. No other universal remote seems to know anything about it.
    I have a friend that owns one of those, pretty good remote that will recognize almost anything you throw at it. It even picked up his old early 80's TV that is some archaic brand (he uses it for older game systems). I should pick one up but they're still a bit pricey.

FWIW, I picked some things up at a couple of places yesterday. I just moved to a new area and had my first go at the local stores.

2x Dreamcasts (loose) - $3 each
    Sega Saturn (loose) - $3
    Nintendo 64 (loose) - $3
    Sealed NBA Jam 99 (N64) - $2
    Bootleg Soul Calibur Dreamcast - $3
    Boxed Mortal Kombat 3 (SNES) - $2
    Shadowrun (Genesis) - $2
    Super Mario 64 - $3
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV (Saturn) - $4

I need to get pictures for a few of those but I've been really busy today. I never played Shadowrun as a kid so I'm looking forward to playing that this weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

got a dreamcast + 3 controllers + 3 vmus and a rumble pack
    came with
    Shenmue
    Virtua Tennis
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Outtrigger
    Phantasy Star Online version 2
    Evolution 2
    and my favorite
    web browser 2.0
    all for $50
    meoooooowers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went far out of town again to hit a group of flea markets, thrift stores, and game shops. At one flea market, a stall had all sorts of games and systems. Bought the Atari XEGS there for $40, he threw in the spare 'keyboard' (I decided not to correct him) and cassette player for an extra $5. I also picked up the little electronic arcade thing (no battery door) for $3, and the (I think) replacement Intellivision II joystick for $5.

Stopped at a Console Game Exchange store and bought Cannon Spike for the Dreamcast for $24. More than I wanted to pay for it especially when it wasn't in its original case, but I've always regretted not picking it up on the few times I've come across it.

Dropped by a little indie game store where I picked up the three import Dreamcast games, $4 each. The only problem is that the Sega GT special edition only has one disc in it, and I don't read Japanese so I don't know what the second disc had on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    he threw in the spare 'keyboard' (I decided not to correct him) and cassette player for an extra $5.
    That reminds me of when another flea market patron BS'ed me into offering a seller $20 for a beat to crap Intellivision (he would have taken $5) and then the guy went all over his lot giving me "extra joysticks" he had. The "extra joysticks" ended up being eight boxed NOS Epyx 500XJ Atari VCS joysticks and two loose ones.

Looks like we're not getting another arcade cabinet ornament this year from Hallmark (suppose that ship has sailed) but they did decide upon issuing a CLU version of the lightcycle from TRON Legacy.

So last year we had Sam Flynn's 5th generation lightcycle and this year we have CLU's enhanced 5th generation lighcycle. We need a classic or Kevin Flynn 2nd generation lightcycle next year! The detail is pretty nice, I will say, with a semi-translucent helmet that allows you to see just a bit of CLU's face.

Insert Coin (Level 0) philinchio's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been a while since I last posted in this thread. This stuff was from garage sailing last weekend.

First sale I hit advertised SNES, Sega, and Playstation so I made sure to get there as soon as it started. On a bookshelf I could see several PS1 games of which the majority were RPGs, and the SNES and Genesis bundles were in bags on a different table. I passed on the Genesis as there wasn't anything worthwhile and left a couple good PS1 dupes for someone else. All this cost me $15.

The SNES is one of the nastiest consoles I've come across so far (though I'm sure many of you guys have seen worse ). Amazingly both it and the controller work. A lot of the games have sticky crap on them and for some reason Starfox has no screws holding it together. Gonna need the alcohol treatment for sure.

At the next sale I asked about games and the lady running the sale brought out a box of misc stuff she said was gonna be taken to the transfer site. Aside from a few common and crappy GC games I found loose copies of Pokemon Yellow and Crystal, to which she said I could just have them. Not gonna argue there. I don't have a system with me to test them out with so I'm not sure if the batteries are dead or not.

Last sale advertised a playstation with games. Turns out it was a slim PS1 with the screen with a GH FF Tactics and three crap sports games, one of which is sealed...yay. Asking price was $10 but I got the bundle for $8.

Although I was not there I told my parents about a promising sale in Anchorage that advertised PS1, Sega, and Nintendo. The Sony and Nintendo bundles were nothing to write home about from what they told me but they did pick up a nice boxed Genesis 2 and some boxed games (mostly Sonics) for $20 total which I will pay back at a later date.

Definately a great day and $23 (or $43) well-spent! :cool;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

I haven't really had many finds in a while, because of being sick and having work and other stuff to attend to. But, I made up for it with one of my most recent finds:

- Tetris DS (DS. Complete in very good condition): $28
    - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP. New): $40

After wanting a copy of years, I finally found a copy of Tetris DS; this being the first one I've seen since '06. It felt good getting it for less than the $50+ I usually see it going for online

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

All from stores in/around Chillicothe, Ohio.

Blades of Steel was an exciting find, as I always check those games at stores, hoping to find a red label. And it was only $2.99.

The Tales of Vesperia SE was at a newly-opened GameStop. PowerUp card made it $35.99.

The NASCAR game was something I'd never seen before. I know it's not really worth anything, but it was a neat find, I think.

...and the DLC in Deus Ex was still good, and Saints Row 2 completes my LE copy.

All in all a good weekend.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I recently posted how I found a famicom adapter in a copy of Excitebike I was cleaning, well, along the same lines I had a stack of unsorted NES boxes I finally got to sorting out what to keep/sell. When I picked up the StarTropics box, the manual fell out, and a piece of paper was peeking out of it when I picked it up:

Pretty cool random surprise.

This came in the mail the other day. Thanks to Battlesmurf for this. The manual and box are fantastic!

Broken Sword II, SW Battlefront (no manual), and Pinball were all from a Savers for $2, $4, & $6, respectively. More that I like to pay for SNES games, but CIB was nice and I kinda thought it was one of the other Pinballs which are kinda hard to find. The dongle was $0.75 w/ the GB game for $1 at a garage sale, which is great, because I have an orphan wavebird controller!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PentiumMMX View Post
    After wanting a copy of years, I finally found a copy of Tetris DS; this being the first one I've seen since '06. It felt good getting it for less than the $50+ I usually see it going for online
    I'm not sure why people are still saying Tetris DS is worth so much, from what I can see it's a $10-$20 title. I'm also including buy-it-nows.

http://item.ebay.com/160650799776
    http://item.ebay.com/110741063868
    http://item.ebay.com/270816408093
    http://item.ebay.com/250892098196
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/160648451808
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/370544700895

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Thought there was a bad streak of Tetris DS bootlegs out there and that's why legit copies went for something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    ...and the DLC in Deus Ex was still good
    Does the Augmented version of Deus Ex come with the Explosive mission pack? It might of just been a preorder bonus but I wanted to see which DLC comes with that version since it's the one I'm going to be getting.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

DLC was a weapon pack of some sort.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.