Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Default Win 98se vs Win ME

im currently in the middle of bringing my 12 year old gaming rig back to life to play mostly late 90's games and possibly a few early 2000 games if it can handle

this is what i've been able to salvage

1 ghz pentium III complete with original motherboard
    256mb rdram dim
    60 gig hd (may have a higher capacity hd somewhere lying around somewhere tho)
    nvidia GeForce 256 card (a little dirty but im almost positive can be salvaged)
    soundblaster live sound card
    50x cd drive
    3.5" floppy drive

im pretty sure im going to need a new case and power supply but apart from that i think im good to go, only thing i cant decide on is which OS to go with or which would be better for my needs

win 98 seems like the defacto go to right now being as i mainly want grim fandango and bladerunner up and running along with a few earlier rts titles (kknd, dune, command & conquer, dark reign) light 3d shit like quest for glory V and possible dos titles later on down the line but not a real deal breaker

but i also want to be able to play games like max payne and giants citizen kabuto without problem and i dont know if they were win 98 compatible, which overall do you think i should choose?
    Last edited by LaughingMAN.S9; 09-01-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."