Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3DS second analog stick attachment unveiled

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 3DS second analog stick attachment unveiled

looks like its possibly made by capcom and is for monster hunter. from the picture its a attachment that also gives the 3ds extra shoulder buttons r2 and l2.
    Last edited by dairugger; 09-07-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

32X here we go!

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Damn that's ugly. Couldn't they have made it more square to match the look of the system? I hope they revise that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Looks like the new 3DS revision rumor must be true...glad I didn't buy a 3DS when they first came out. Get screwed on the price and now you have to buy some ugly add-on stick

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

All I see is a 3DS wrapped in a bowel movement. What gives?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
    Looks like the new 3DS revision rumor must be true...glad I didn't buy a 3DS when they first came out. Get screwed on the price and now you have to buy some ugly add-on stick
    Exactly. Just wait for the next revision.

How embarrassing for Nintendo. How did they get the 3DS so wrong? The sheer number of bad decisions and their failure to understand the marketplace (that they created) just boggles the mind. Wow.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

What a monstrosity!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this officially from Nintendo or a third party add-on Capcom built specifically for this game (Monster Hunter, I think)? It wouldn't be the first time Capcom has gone out of their way to provide a "proper" controller for a big franchise. Street Fighter IV, anyone?

I have a hard time believing Nintendo would release such an ugly hunk of trash, but they did push out the Virtual Boy and original DS.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I hate this platform more and more every time I hear about it. It sucks some interesting exclusive games are headed to it.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

I dunno the extra width might make it more comfortable for some of us. And if they add an extra battery into that thing.....
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I don't understand how it interfaces with the 3DS, as the system doesn't seem to have any dedicated input ports.

Anybody have any clue?
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Insert Coin (Level 0) Fatalstar64's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Fatalstar64

If it's not a must have add on then I don't care but if they force you to get one I will definitely never buy a Nintendo console at launch ever again. Quite frankly I'm sick of FPS and if I wanted to play those I'd play it on a PC not a tiny handheld which I want to play platformers and rpg's on.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    I don't understand how it interfaces with the 3DS, as the system doesn't seem to have any dedicated input ports.

Anybody have any clue?
    That something I've been wondering myself. the only way I could think of is possibly somehow it plugs into the card slot. It's not like there's an EXT port on the system and I don;t think that it would plug into the SD slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop2 View Post
    That something I've been wondering myself. the only way I could think of is possibly somehow it plugs into the card slot. It's not like there's an EXT port on the system and I don;t think that it would plug into the SD slot.
    I don't see anything that looks like it slots into the cart port in those pictures. Possibly the charging dock pins have some i/o capabilities.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

In that picture it looks like their is a raised surface where the actual 3DS battery sits in the console but I can't really tell if its real or just light playing with plastic inconsistencies. The ways I could see it work is if it either communicates through the IR receiver at the top of the system..which is unlikely or that somehow works with the Monster Hunter cartridge like a plug in adapter or something..also unlikely.

Whatever it is as a long time PSP owner I find this hilarious considering how much bitching their was for a second analog stick on the console.

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop2 View Post
    I dunno the extra width might make it more comfortable for some of us. And if they add an extra battery into that thing.....
    I seriously suggest this thing if you find your 3DS uncomfortable, it eliminated most ergonomic issues for me and doubled my battery life.
    Amazon Nkyo Battery Pack and Charger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So glad I'm waiting for the inevitable 3DS Lite. Got burned on the DS Phat, not going to happen again.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    Whatever it is as a long time PSP owner I find this hilarious considering how much bitching their was for a second analog stick on the console.
    Nintendo: There's only been constant complaining about the PSP having one analog nub, let's add only one to the 3DS.

While I have gotten used to a single analog on the PSP, especially since most games are made with it not requiring one, I'd have liked a second one. The biggest problem with the 3DS is the battery life unless you go out and buy an extra peripheral. And after showcasing the DSi XL I really don't want to buy the 3DS when you know they'll eventually release an XL version.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 09-07-2011 at 12:24 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They should have released the system when everything was ready, including the library of games. I bought mine the day it came out. I did that based on Nintendo' track record of awesome handhelds. However, this time around they tripped out of the gate. Their image of being a top notch handheld manufacturer has been hurt. Sony would be wise to take advantage of this, but in all likelihood, Sony will mess their end up as well.
    Last edited by Orion Pimpdaddy; 09-09-2011 at 12:06 PM.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by RCM View Post
    Is this officially from Nintendo or a third party add-on Capcom built specifically for this game (Monster Hunter, I think)? It wouldn't be the first time Capcom has gone out of their way to provide a "proper" controller for a big franchise. Street Fighter IV, anyone?

I have a hard time believing Nintendo would release such an ugly hunk of trash, but they did push out the Virtual Boy and original DS.

Quote for truth. I don't think it's ugly, but it's not in line with what the system already is, so it stands out.

If this is for Tri (as some of the articles have mentioned it would really benefit from an addition of a second stick) then so what? If this is official Nintendo i'm not phased by it. So the first years titles won't heavily support it. Later stuff will and by then, the 3DS Plus/Lite/XL whatever will hit and no one will give a shit at that point.

There are a TON of DS add on controllers out there, hardly any of which got an American release. Guitar Hero controller? My Fitness Coach stepper thingie, Arkanoid spinner (Japanese), Mushiking / Love & Berry / Dinosaur King card swipers (Japanese), the glucose checker among many others all accessed the GBA port and interacted w/ the games and i've never heard all that much rage over the loss of the GBA slot that prevented the play of those games, using those preferials.

You guys just have lots of grump towards this system no matter what it does.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    Quote for truth. I don't think it's ugly, but it's not in line with what the system already is, so it stands out.

If this is for Tri (as some of the articles have mentioned it would really benefit from an addition of a second stick) then so what? If this is official Nintendo i'm not phased by it. So the first years titles won't heavily support it. Later stuff will and by then, the 3DS Plus/Lite/XL whatever will hit and no one will give a shit at that point.

There are a TON of DS add on controllers out there, hardly any of which got an American release. Guitar Hero controller? My Fitness Coach stepper thingie, Arkanoid spinner (Japanese), Mushiking / Love & Berry / Dinosaur King card swipers (Japanese), the glucose checker among many others all accessed the GBA port and interacted w/ the games and i've never heard all that much rage over the loss of the GBA slot that prevented the play of those games, using those preferials.

You guys just have lots of grump towards this system no matter what it does.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDMrncAy4U