Let me start of by saying I have NO retro console knowledge at all and I HAVE searched for this issue and didn't find anything.

I recently found an old SNES in my basement and needed to buy the proper cords, a game, and a controller. I got the cords from amazon and it said that they would work with the SNES. I got the AC power adapter (NOT an official Nintendo power adapter) and it seems to work fine. I get the red light on the front of the system. I also got the RCA cord (Yellow,Red,White) and that also seems to work fine...I think. The problem is when I turn the system on my screen flickers a little bit (as it should?) and just goes to a blank screen. I've tried it on all the TV's in my house and they all do the same thing. When I slide the reset button the screen, again, flickers for half a second and then just a blank screen.

Some info the might help.
I've tried the SNES on a Modern flat screen TV (42" samsung plasma TV) and an old Tube box TV. Still have the same problem.

The RCA cable I ordered from Amazon is NOT Nintendo official but I have found my old GameCube RCA cable which IS Nintendo official. The problem still happens with both.

Hope you guys can help!