Thread: Picture of old 3DS rubber plx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4596-9692-2482

Default Picture of old 3DS rubber plx

Hello community. Got one myself now since i got offered one cheap, but i would appreciate it if one of you could give me something for size-comparison or so i know if i have to put felt feet on or not. Thank you in advance.

Sorry to bother again, but does anyone know how else (without calling*) i can get that general key for the age restriction reset when i "lost" (never had) the password thing?

*One minute past their service hours - no chance to get any help by phone.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 09-15-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Hello community. Got one myself now since i got offered one cheap, but i would appreciate it if one of you could give me something for size-comparison or so i know if i have to put felt feet on or not. Thank you in advance.

Sorry to bother again, but does anyone know how else (without calling*) i can get that general key for the age restriction reset when i "lost" (never had) the password thing?

*One minute past their service hours - no chance to get any help by phone.
    What do you mean felt feet? You mean between the screens to prevent the scratching from the bottom screen ridge?

Forgot 3DS Parental Control Passcode Instructions:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...ontrols-forgot
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4596-9692-2482

Well, felt - the fabric. And yes you got it exactly right. I just like to know if i have to put some on there if it already got the new ones i can just leave it like it is, but i'm not sure how i tell the old one and the new one from each other, that's what i need help with.

And thanks a lot for the parental control thing, worked like a charm. It's a german/eu 3DS so now we know this works international. I looked at the homepage but somehow i couldn't find it on the german page, sorry for appearing a little derp-ish. Thanks heaps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As far as I'm aware, every 3DS out there right now is the same. I haven't heard anything about a revision that corrects this issue of the top screen coming into contact with the bottom when the system is closed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I have a screen protector on mine and I never notice any scratching on that where the top and bottom come together. So, if that's a valid solution I'd say just put a decent screen protector on there and you're good to go.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4596-9692-2482

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    As far as I'm aware, every 3DS out there right now is the same. I haven't heard anything about a revision that corrects this issue of the top screen coming into contact with the bottom when the system is closed.
    It's not a official "revision" in terms of a new release, but the issue was fixed on newer models - look around the forums, and the hinge issue also was fixed. Manufacturers appear to do that constantly - tweaking and changing, often unnoticed by most.

I also thought about a plastic thing, but they quickly start looking iffy. Still better than scratching the display though. I have to think about it, and get hold of another 3DS. xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

It's not a official "revision" in terms of a new release, but the issue was fixed on newer models - look around the forums, and the hinge issue also was fixed. Manufacturers appear to do that constantly - tweaking and changing, often unnoticed by most.

I also thought about a plastic thing, but they quickly start looking iffy. Still better than scratching the display though. I have to think about it, and get hold of another 3DS. xD
    A properly applied screen protector is virtually invisible.

If you can get them applied with no bubbles, no hairs, no dirt, etc. underneath them they make uninterrupted contact with the screen plastic.

Though, if you haven't done like, 100 of them on multiple devices or have somebody to show you the best way to do it, it can be a bit of a challenge.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    A properly applied screen protector is virtually invisible.

If you can get them applied with no bubbles, no hairs, no dirt, etc. underneath them they make uninterrupted contact with the screen plastic.

Though, if you haven't done like, 100 of them on multiple devices or have somebody to show you the best way to do it, it can be a bit of a challenge.
    QFT
    I tried a couple of times to get ZAGG invisible shields to work out on the top screen, its not that they're difficult to put on but my first one went on perfect but had a defect the replacement fared better but never dried all the way. I bought some Hori screen protectors and haven't looked back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Of course

It was just that I haven't seen any mention of a correction to this problem being implimented yet at the forums I visit. You'd be best off going to wherever you read that to seek out the information you need. Perhaps you'll be able to detirmine it based off the serial number or some other sign that it's a later run with the necessary corrections.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 09-16-2011 at 02:01 AM.