I don't use cheats and cheating devices. The only time I use this sort of thing is like, for example, messing around with a game on the NES with the Game Genie. I love to tinker with different things on Super Mario Bros. 3, such as messing with the music or making the graphics screwy, it's fun to do. Then there's other "cheats" that are fun to play with like on Goldeneye, the DK mode and paintball cheat. But I don't use actual cheats like invincibility and the like.

No matter how badly I may suck at a certain game or how hard the game really is, I'll never play anything below the normal setting. How could I get better at a game when I set it to go easy on me? I have to endure the shitstorm it throws at me and learn how to fight back.

I, too, also try to follow the rule of playing a game series in order. If it's something like Final Fantasy, I see it unnecessary as each and every game has its own completely different storyline from the rest. But generally if it's something that goes in order, I play from the start to the end.

I try my hardest not to use a guide but there's sometimes where I have no choice but to consult a guide. I avoid this at all costs and rarely ever have to do it, but there are times when I simply have to. I do everything in my power to keep from doing so such as talking to everyone I can (if the game allows it), keeping note of every clue I get, backtracking and double-checking where I've been to make sure I didn't miss anything and, if I'm stuck at a puzzle, simply take my time to figure it out.

In response to the thing about not harming non-enemy NPCs and such in games if it allows you to kill them or not, I generally don't try to kill them either unless it's something like GTA, but I guess it's a matter of trying to be the hero and I want to keep my hands clean of any dirty deeds I may have brought upon myself if it comes back to me later. I'd rather be able to get somewhere I possibly may not if I were to kill said persons.