Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post
actually you may laugh now about that but they might not be far off with that.

Think about what time period that game came out in

the era....... the early 80s

People were rocking mullets, jamming to van halen, and driving trans ams and camaros like they were going out of style.

Things to do back then were malls (if you lived in a area fortunate enough to have a shopping mall in that era), Bowling Ally's, Beaches (if you lived on a coastal area. Thanks hawaii 5-0), hanging out at the local diner/dive ect ect ect.

What did all those places pretty much have? Arcade machines. And when arcades as we knew it started taking in this new craze called the Video Game a name that got passed around alot was pac man. People would show up by the hordes in your more populated areas to play this magical device displaying a yellow circle eating dots and ghosts around a maze setting.
Yes. By the hordes. Pac Man was life. I was 5 when I first remember it being around. Played it on my Atari. Played it at the Pizzeria. Had Pac Man iron-ons on my clothes, watched it Saturday mornings, had stickers, a lunch box...
People pissed money into those machines. Now, an arcade is a joke. I haven't seen one that doesn't make all it's money on tickets=toys with the little tikes or have the hourly rates ($7.50/ hr, split the difference, boys). An arcade machine is not a godd money maker, not in the last 15 years or so, IMO. There are exceptions, but that's the rule.