Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The 3rd rarest licensed NES game?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    I don't even know what's the first rarest and second rarest games on NES are.......
    Top Gun is the rarest, Air Wolf is the second rarest. I just may have both of them for sale and can make you a great deal. Just shoot me an offer and remember, these are uber rare! Start out at a "C" note each.

Reaaaaaalllllyyyy:
    #1 is Stadium Events
    #2 is Flintstones 2
    ...... and then probably ....
    #3 & 4 go to Little Samson and Power Blade 2
    #4 & 5 go to Bonk's and Panic Restaurant
    Last edited by MachineGex; 09-25-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Braveheart69's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Port's Top 20 Reasons Why NA Sucks

2. Want to Spend Tons of Money? Come to NA and You'll Get Fellated for It: Why Braveheart69, you spent $1800 on a complete DK Jr Math, CONGRATS! You spent an absurd amount of dough on something and bought it by brute force. CONGRATS! Quick everyone, post dozens of +1s saying congrats so BH69 feels better and justified on his purchase.

Hey Port why don't you stop being such a baby and being jealous of my wallet long enough to get your facts straight. First off I've been on eBay collecting NES since 1998 I didn't just get my collection in 20 minutes as you somehow magically think happened. Second I never spent $1,800 on a DK Math, in fact I spent less than that on every individual item in my entire collection including my CIB Myriad, other than my CIB SE. So chill out and grow up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart69 View Post
    Hey Port why don't you stop being such a baby and being jealous of my wallet long enough to get your facts straight. First off I've been on eBay collecting NES since 1998 I didn't just get my collection in 20 minutes as you somehow magically think happened. Second I never spent $1,800 on a DK Math, in fact I spent less than that on every individual item in my entire collection including my CIB Myriad, other than my CIB SE. So chill out and grow up!
    You seriously bothered to come on here and say that?

This makes the whole thing even funnier.

So much butthurt. I'm glad I don't have to deal with it.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

Seeing Bonk as 5th or 6th rarest here makes me giddy that I only paid $20 for a loose cart in the wild about a year ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Top 3 is kind of boring at this point because it's always the same games being chosen - after Stadium Events, the remaining top games are usually a toss up between Taito's various late releases. I think hidden rarities is something that gets my attention more often than not.
    Last edited by pseudonym; 09-26-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think there's a clear #3. The separation between F2 and #3 is pretty large IMO, and there are several titles that could be #3, all obtainable without too much effort. But in the spirit of this thread, I'd say it's a tie between:

Power Blade 2
    Wayne's World

...with about 10 other titles close behind.
    Be sure to check out:
    http://www.NintendoAge.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So Wacky Races is up there too, huh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

3. Brute Force Collecting: As alluded to earlier, why hunt for something when you can pay top dollar? Hell, why spend money when you can spend MORE MONEY? Sure the price goes up and it makes more titles out of reach for average collectors, but that's ok - it's the NA effect! This isn't even something some NA members deny; they are proud of it!

So a couple of guys have deep wallets, and that's the entire NA community? Lol, I collect through reselling. I don't make anywhere near enough money to blow on video games... got a mortgage / other usual bills and I'm in grad school on top of that. There's plenty of "average" guys like me.

6. Limited Edition Homebrews/Repros: Part Two: Is it really necessary to make limited edition homebrew/repros and then for people to pay OUT THE ASS for them? Not exactly the same situaion but: Garage Cart. Came out in 2004. $700. SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS.

Actually, it sold for $1,100, then Memblers copy sold for $1,200 to the same buyer. Now that guy is trying to sell the second copy for a mere $1,300, lol. But I think he's a lawyer and that dates back to your point #3. I think he's a funny guy, but it's ridiculous to assume that NA is responsible for people with high-paying jobs entering the hobby.

8. Tolerant of VGA Horseshit: You don't see a "VGA GAmes - Show 'Em Off!" thread on DP, do you? Considering the number of people who say they don't like slabbing on NA's forums, you'd think that it would be frowned upon like it is here. Nope. This also covers the oozing over sealed games themselves.

99.9% of the world doesn't collect video games and think that anyone who does is a fucking weirdo. Yet of course there will alwaysb be people in that 0.1% who try to bash others for their collecting preferences. You think everyone would be on the same team, but apparently we're far from that.

10. The Worst Buyers/Sellers/Traders Ever: If they're not lowballing you, they're telling you just how good a deal they're giving you. I've never seen so many people pat themselves on the back for gouging people. And god forbid you don't fire off an invoice instantly, or you'll become a 'time waster'.

So what happens to people who buy and sell on both forums? Oh my god, we have some of the worst buyers/sellers/traders lurking on here too!

11. NES or GTFO: Despite being called NintendoAge, and having some pretext of dealing with all of Nintendo's systems, no one there seems to give two shits about anything other than NES. You'll see the occasional Gameboy or SNES post, and someone actually managed to get an almost complete set of pictures up for N64 stuff, but other than that, it's 99.99% NES.

I'm a complete CIB N64 set owner and still hangout over there mostly. There's actually been a large influx of N64 collectors over the past few months, especially from Canada. NES-Only is definitely false, interest in other systems is taking off for sure.

12. Japan? What Japan?: Lets face it, there are a shitload of awesome games that came out for the Famicom that (for whatever reason) never made it to North America. But you sure wouldn't know it looking at NA. For a community that seems to know it all to the point where they keep track of back label variants, screw variants, and people who buy a second complete set of NES games because they're bored, you'd think SOMEONE would step up and make an attempt to catalog Famicom releases. Maybe this goes into the same category as Unlicensed games for them.

What percentage of users here, or NA, can read Japanese? Probably very little. You mean there's not a huge demand for games where people can't even understand what hell is going on? Shocking, I tell you.

14. Crappy Web Design: I don't like to bitch about web site design, because I know I suck at it too, and I usually try to focus on content more than presentation, but frankly, NA's website looks like crap. My biggest complaint here is that every single page has that search bar on the left wasting a ton of space just so Dain's avatar can sit there. The forums are arranged pretty poorly too... looks like something out of the EZboard days of DP. Oh and let's get this straight: AtariAge was named after a classic era magazine. NintendoAge makes no fucking sense at all. Did Dain really need to piggy back on AA's good name?

How many days, err, weeks, were the DP forums down this year? Design is secondary to functionality.

19. Forget History, They Want Rarity: Riddle me this. What would you rather have: the original box art for Double Dragon - like the original painted and designed art - or a 5 screw Mega Man. Most NA members would opt for the fucking variant. Sure, why have the original art for a video game, let's go for the thousands of copies of a game of Megaman. Genius. And don't even bother writing an article for NA if it doesn't drip with misinformation (that NA members believe to be true, even if it's proven wrong) and talk of VALUE VALUE RARITY VALUE VALUE VALUE.

Variant collecting is very niche. People only get to this when they've completed their set and are looking for something new. People that flock to value flock to sealed games.
    Responded to some of your points just for humor's sake.

Anyways, glad to see MachineGex agrees with most of my opinions regarding the ones after SE / F2. Late Taito releases are definitely where it's at.
    Last edited by jonebone; 09-26-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I generally agree re late taitos. great games & not too many made, makes for fun collecting. I really enjoy of playing f2 from time to time - with all the focus on the rarity its easy to forget that its a good and fun game.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Are you guys being serious about Wayne's World?

I've seen that stupid game a few times and always left it behind because it was a THQ movie game - which in my experience meant that too many copies of the game were made, and that the game was absolute garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

What percentage of users here, or NA, can read Japanese? Probably very little. You mean there's not a huge demand for games where people can't even understand what hell is going on? Shocking, I tell you.
    Sorry, but that's a plain dumb argument. So now all Japanese games are text-heavy? Famicom in particular? Gimme a break. A small percentage of the NES/Famicom library is particularly text-heavy. There are boatloads of Japan-exclusives that have basically no text at all. There's really nothing that differentiates the US releases from those Famicom releases, except for collectors arbitrarily choosing to care about everything released in the US and ignoring everything released elsewhere.

Also, there's even less of an excuse when GameFAQs has an NES/Famicom FAQ completion project going where they're writing FAQ/walkthroughs on every single game. Even the text-heavy games are accessible.

Everybody is entitled to their own collecting goals, like for myself, for example, I don't collect PC games because I just don't feel like it and I need to draw the line somewhere, but if I was to ever try to come up with some "logical" reason as to why they deserve to be dismissed, everybody is welcome to tell me that I'm full of BS, which is exactly what I'll say to someone that whines about Japanese text in games that don't even have any.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Sorry, but that's a plain dumb argument. So now all Japanese games are text-heavy? Famicom in particular? Gimme a break. A small percentage of the NES/Famicom library is particularly text-heavy. There are boatloads of Japan-exclusives that have basically no text at all. There's really nothing that differentiates the US releases from those Famicom releases, except for collectors arbitrarily choosing to care about everything released in the US and ignoring everything released elsewhere.
    Most people get into collecting due to nostalgia. Did you live in a military family and have experience playing Famicom games as a kid?

I don't arbitrary chose to collect NTSC, that is what I remember as a youth and what interests me. If Japan wanted Americans to collect their stuff, don't you think they'd release here?

If you want to collect something different, Famicom is a great choice. But don't act like you can't understand why the demand for it is so small over here.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Nostalgia doesn't really make sense for this argument in terms of collecting unless you're speaking of people who ONLY collect what they had as a kid. What's the difference between an NES game that someone has never played before and a Famicom game that someone has never played before? It's the same hardware and there's no nostalgia for the specific games either way.

Also, Japanese games are NTSC.

Your argument about if the Japanese wanted us to collect their stuff, they'd release it here is even more nonsensical than the one before. Publishers release games so they can make money; they couldn't care less if someone buys every single game in the system's library, especially if it's 20 years later. The Japanese don't care if you collect Famicom games, and Americans don't care if you collect NES games.

I never said anything about not understanding why the demand is small. I just take issue with your illogical excuses as to why Japanese games should be ignored. And I'm thinking you realize this because you entirely ignored everything I said about the amount of Japanese text in Famicom games.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 09-26-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Nostalgia doesn't really make sense for this argument in terms of collecting unless you're speaking of people who ONLY collect what they had as a kid. What's the difference between an NES game that someone has never played before and a Famicom game that someone has never played before? It's the same hardware and there's no nostalgia for the specific games either way.
    Why do I want to buy Eggerland when there's Adventures of Lolo? While your question is "what's the difference", my question is "what's the incentive?"

If you want every game in a series or Famicom exclusives, go for it. But if you are a casual gamer with a ton of backlog, I'd rather save money on high shipping costs and spend it on more games. To each his own, apparently I somehow struck a nerve which was unintentional.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was Power Blade 2 one of those late-release NES games where stores had multiple copies of it for cheap and then one day everything was gone? I think that's how I got mine, in 1996 or -7, a Wal-Mart was closing out NES games for 5 or so bucks. I got that and 3 others, I think Shatterhand was one. Kinda sorry I opened it. Oh well, I may be able to pay a doctor bill with it now.
    "Where my finger goes is none of your goddamn business." -Metropolisforever

"my house is burning down as I type this because of a Sega AC adapter" -Oobgarm

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. Community Full of Pussies: There's a damn good reason why so many people get ripped off at NA and why the Hall of Shame list is massive. Most people there will just lay down and die and be taken advantage of. The best term is: Suckers.

2. Want to Spend Tons of Money? Come to NA and You'll Get Fellated for It: Why Braveheart69, you spent $1800 on a complete DK Jr Math, CONGRATS! You spent an absurd amount of dough on something and bought it by brute force. CONGRATS! Quick everyone, post dozens of +1s saying congrats so BH69 feels better and justified on his purchase.

3. Brute Force Collecting: As alluded to earlier, why hunt for something when you can pay top dollar? Hell, why spend money when you can spend MORE MONEY? Sure the price goes up and it makes more titles out of reach for average collectors, but that's ok - it's the NA effect! This isn't even something some NA members deny; they are proud of it!

4. Elitist, Arrogant Asshole Attitude: God forbid you're not on their forums, or you just don't count. Hey, what's the reason why the Bio Force Ape homebrew is not included with the dozens of other homebrew/repros generated on NA? Right, because it wasn't generated by NA.

5. Limited Edition Homebrews/Repros: Part One: What the hell is with the numbering of releases? People will actually pay more money for a lower number, or even the same number (so they can have all the ones released at 33). That is some psychotic shit right there. How about you release the damn games so people can play them on their NES and stop trying to make it into some moronic game?

6. Limited Edition Homebrews/Repros: Part Two: Is it really necessary to make limited edition homebrew/repros and then for people to pay OUT THE ASS for them? Not exactly the same situaion but: Garage Cart. Came out in 2004. $700. SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS.

7. The Campout: Are you fucking serious? Let's put a bunch of nerds outside overnight and see what happens. Other than nerd smell, probably not a whole lot BECAUSE THE GAMES ARE INSIDE. This could be the lamest thing to ever come out of the classic community.

8. Tolerant of VGA Horseshit: You don't see a "VGA GAmes - Show 'Em Off!" thread on DP, do you? Considering the number of people who say they don't like slabbing on NA's forums, you'd think that it would be frowned upon like it is here. Nope. This also covers the oozing over sealed games themselves.

9. Unlicensed Gets The Heave Ho: Somehow, someway, NA as a whole stopped caring, ignored, what have you, about unlicensed NES titles and so, the complete "licensed" collection was born. What the fuck is this about? The unlicensed games were released during the NES's timeline, period, so they are part of the set. What is the logic in downgrading the perspective of the NES collection? Maybe it's because Brute Force Collecting has made games out of reach for a majority of collectors? So now it's "I have a full licensed set, minus SE", which will turn into "I have a full licensed set, minus SE, F2" and so on.

10. The Worst Buyers/Sellers/Traders Ever: If they're not lowballing you, they're telling you just how good a deal they're giving you. I've never seen so many people pat themselves on the back for gouging people. And god forbid you don't fire off an invoice instantly, or you'll become a 'time waster'.

11. NES or GTFO: Despite being called NintendoAge, and having some pretext of dealing with all of Nintendo's systems, no one there seems to give two shits about anything other than NES. You'll see the occasional Gameboy or SNES post, and someone actually managed to get an almost complete set of pictures up for N64 stuff, but other than that, it's 99.99% NES.

12. Japan? What Japan?: Lets face it, there are a shitload of awesome games that came out for the Famicom that (for whatever reason) never made it to North America. But you sure wouldn't know it looking at NA. For a community that seems to know it all to the point where they keep track of back label variants, screw variants, and people who buy a second complete set of NES games because they're bored, you'd think SOMEONE would step up and make an attempt to catalog Famicom releases. Maybe this goes into the same category as Unlicensed games for them.

13. It's ALL About the Collecting: Take a look at the thread count on their forums. "Gamer's Gauntlet" is supposed to be their forum for actually PLAYING games, but it has about half the number of threads of their main collecting forum, less than half of the threads in their "Price Check" forum (seriously?) and 1/6th that of their Buy & Sell forum. Combine that with the fact that their database doesn't even have in-game screen shots, and it gives me the feeling that the majority of people there only care about collecting.

14. Crappy Web Design: I don't like to bitch about web site design, because I know I suck at it too, and I usually try to focus on content more than presentation, but frankly, NA's website looks like crap. My biggest complaint here is that every single page has that search bar on the left wasting a ton of space just so Dain's avatar can sit there. The forums are arranged pretty poorly too... looks like something out of the EZboard days of DP. Oh and let's get this straight: AtariAge was named after a classic era magazine. NintendoAge makes no fucking sense at all. Did Dain really need to piggy back on AA's good name?

15. Secrecy: Some people there no doubt get off on people wondering how much they paid for something, or even who bought a game, but most keep things secret because they're too embarrassed to admit how much they over-paid.

16. Me Too! Attitude: Lemmings come to mind. The leaders say something is so, and everyone tows the line without question. DP wishes he had that kind of influence.

17. Lack of a Real Community: During the good days of DP we'd give each other good deals, sometimes ridiculous deals, because we were friends and a community of people. Even if we didn't know the other person so well we'd give good prices. This is absent from NA, and DP largely, now. At NA it seems that selling you something at all is a huge favor, nevermind the inflated price. Additionally, let's have one of the biggest posters on NA, one representing the community both in presence and as a maker of repros/releases, sidedeal some goon on eBay for a sealed Flintstones 2, slab the fucking thing and then resell it THE NEXT WEEK for hard cash. Yeah, some real $en$e of community at NA.

18. Can't Sell Non-Video Game Items: Seriously? SERIOUSLY? God-for-fuck-bid someone buys a DVD on NA, the whole goddamn world will come crashing down.

19. Forget History, They Want Rarity: Riddle me this. What would you rather have: the original box art for Double Dragon - like the original painted and designed art - or a 5 screw Mega Man. Most NA members would opt for the fucking variant. Sure, why have the original art for a video game, let's go for the thousands of copies of a game of Megaman. Genius. And don't even bother writing an article for NA if it doesn't drip with misinformation (that NA members believe to be true, even if it's proven wrong) and talk of VALUE VALUE RARITY VALUE VALUE VALUE.

20. The Head of the NESWorld Forums For All The World To See: Yes, most of the NESWorld posters migrated to NA but do you people really need to be proud you 'killed' NESWorld's forums? Most of you NARCs (New age retard collectors) could give a shit less what Martin has done over the years to get NES to the point that bore your precious NA.
    TOP 20 ANSWERS TO WHY WE SUCK

1. Yes, Dave we are all pussies. That's why i've been ripped off on Digitpress numerous times before NintendoAge and some of the MODs and ADMINS of the past here could give a fuck. We are such pussies we work with people on our sites so they don't get scammed. We will search out scammers phone numbers, addresses, etc to help the scammed get in contact with local authorities about the scammer. So yeah, we are pussies, but pussies who do the right thing and help people out.

2. Braveheart69 might be the coolest fucking person in the world - how dare you talk shit about one of the nicests people I've had the pleasure of blowing. He not only spends money on games, but also hjs. I mean a man and his wallet will do amazing things for a 3-screw, non hangtab, black box, non rev-a Soccer (NOTE: This game is NOT confirmed).

3. I don't know if you have collected long or not (/scarsm), but in any hobby, regardless of what the fuck it is, people will pay top dollar to have a collection faster than someone else. Hate to be the guy who tells you this, but there is no law against paying more to finish a collection sooner. In fact, there is nothing really wrong with it. I'm proud to say i've paid more than you on things, just to flaunt my e-cock, to say, "hey, i got it faster then dicknoyd".

4. Dave, do WE, at NintendoAge really think this? Sure, I'm arrogant, but not in any way, shape, or form elitest. Not true about Biofroce Ape Homebrew - if it isn't listed, it has been overlooked - and maybe a suggestion to add it in the section to one of us would have helped get it in the database. No database is perfect - look no further than this sites information. It's an on-going battle of adding information - so, from the bottom of my heart, I'M SORRY biofroce ape homebrew might not be in there right now. I hope you can accept my apology. BTW, it was numbered and pimped for sale on NA. I bought one!

5. #33 is a bitchin number fool. Seth can have whatever he likes. Not only are #s the coolest since streaming pr0n, but it is a wonderful way to keep track of homebrews and how many were released.

6. Garage Cart, was in fact a limited edition release - in fact it was so limited, that I didn't get one and i've been doing this retarded video game collecting things for years. How did I miss out on this when i buy every motherfucking homebrew? I've never played it, why not release this fucking game so I can play it bitches?! So, yeah, who started limited edition, numbered games? Not Memblers? maybe it was AtariAge?

7. Fuck you. Campout rules, you suck. Want a golden shower? Go to NA Campout and I will pee in and around your mouth. This is not frowned upon whilst at NA Campout, and is actually considered common courtesy to new people.

8. VGA is fine - chickty check yoself before you wreck yoself. At NA we accept everyone, even you Dave. We just don't really like Pedro. When VGA started grading fat dumps, I'll send them to Pottynoids poop blog.

9. Bullshit, unlicensed has never gotten the heave-ho. Some people just don't collect it.. You know what did get the heave-ho, on the digitpress forum? Sachen. It was never "part of a true collection", however, your sealed Myriad 6 in 1, which is a pirate at best (along with caltron) was included AND STILL IS INCLUDED (The Etler list is the reason for this and people like you). What the fuck are you even talking about? Was it not the members of NintendoAge that discovered the source of how and where most black cart color dreams games come from. Was it not Jason Smith who found Happy Camper, dumped it and made one bad ass motherfucking reproduction that you can probably still purchase if you want?

10. I will gouge and gape everyone that buys on NA - we do have the worst BST forum, in fact, so bad that it is the most active section of the forums. It is such a bad forum that you even came there to get top dollar for your items. I mean I would have liked to pay a lot less than you were asking for that aussie soccer game and your black color dream collection, but hell, you wanted "what it was worth". I didn't even have it, surely you would have given me a "good deal" had I asked, right? Your a fucking hypocrite Dave.

11. Yeah, NES or GTFO? Obviously this isn't the case - but NES is obviously the most popular system right now because it falls into a certain demographic that is on the site. So yeah, fuck you again. I've been working for the last two years with James Todd on a GBC Homebrew (limited to 100, don't miss out). We obviously don't care about anything but NES.

12. Famicom stuff is pretty obscure. I HIGHLY doubt popular Nintendo forums in Japan or other parts of the world give a shit about NTSC releases. People will start collecting it and it will get real expensive, real fast, because of our site, just you wait and see Dave. What people collect is pretty region specific, so yeah, we are *mostly* US released stuff. Big fucking deal. With that said - a good majority of collectors and my friends on the site buy famicom stuff, simply because there are rad games on the system.

13. Yeah, a lot of it is about the collecting. A lot of people collect because they like the games - shock to you? I'm pretty sure every collector on the site plays video games. If not, then I'm going to BAN everyone that doesn't. Good lord....

14. The Web design is perfect. nuff said. The name NintendoAge isn't about a magazine, but about a generation of gamers and what we grew up with - good fucking lord. AtariAge is a great website, so no discredit to them at all. BIG discredit to DP for allowing you to continue to belittle other peoples sites for no good fucking reason. This place, as it has through the past 6 years, continues to loose credability allowing cock flogging assholes like you to talk shit about individual members. Hate to tell you this, but they are real people. I'm really not sure why you are so bitter?

15. Who cares what people paid. BIG Motherfucking FYI Dave - there has been screcy in this hobby for years (contacts at game companies, what people paid for companies that made atari, releases from said atari companies to collectors, etc, etc), this is not just isolated to NintendoAge. Also, it is really nobodies fucking business what people pay for things. It's like asking someone you just met how much money they make. This has nothing to do with what people paid and that they might be embarresed.

16. Um no, people do not toe the line - we take constructive criticism very seriously and listen to our members. We do tell people what can and can't go (ie, see non-video game items) If someones a douche we will tell them - they will also tell us if we are douches. I have no problem with these - I am a douche, it is a known fact - people fucking hate me on many different sites because I always try to do the right thing - but it pisses people off or they are 100% right all the time, no matter what I might say.

17. Hate to say this too Dave, but we have a wonderful community of people at NA who give people GREAT deals. Some of us are great friends too. I'm sorry that you are not part of our circle of friends. Sounds similar to the DP of yesteryear when folks like you, grandamchandler, PapaStu, drexel, dave2236, DNG were all the pimpshiznit (not say these folks aren't anymore) - You know why this site eats a fat dick anymore? You. You are super cynical, mean to people and have no courtesy. Take a look at yourself and how you are preceived amongst many sites and many people these days. I can't even count on my hands and toes with people I know that have lost a great deal of respect for you over the years.

18. That's right, we don't sell non-video game items because its fucking bullshit to deal with when someone is scammed on not getting their blue ray dvds they bought on NA. We aren't fucking craigslist - unload your shit locally or have a goddamn garage sale.

19. Forget history? bullshit again. Many people on the site collect because of history - myself included - rarity is cool and a big driving factor on items/prices, but it makes sense.

20. NESWORLD - the greatest NES site around. We do not discredit Martin's importance to this hobby. His wealth of information and second to none - his artcles are amazing. his site is amazing. Are we the head that grew from NESWORLD? I don't think so - I rarely posted on NESWORLD - I'd agree with you that a lot of "NARCs" as you call them, do not care about NESWORLD, simply because they've never been.

with that said - best of luck with life Dave - try and be more positive. you will live longer.

if you guys (MODS or ADMINS) want, ban me from this place, please do... I'd rather not come back here and read anymore shit like this... it is irritating and totally unprovoked. It is, for lack of a better word, immature.

3rd rarest licensed NES game - Little Samson - hands down.

kind regards,
    Josh

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonebone View Post
    Why do I want to buy Eggerland when there's Adventures of Lolo? While your question is "what's the difference", my question is "what's the incentive?"

If you want every game in a series or Famicom exclusives, go for it. But if you are a casual gamer with a ton of backlog, I'd rather save money on high shipping costs and spend it on more games. To each his own, apparently I somehow struck a nerve which was unintentional.
    You're just pulling stuff out of thin air. I never said anything about buying Japanese versions of games that did come out in the US. Personally, I wouldn't, but some people like to do that. Obviously, if someone wanted both a full US set and a full Japanese set there would be redundancy, but it's not like there isn't redundancy for the US-only collectors anyway. What about people who have to own Duck Hunt, Super Mario Bros., World Class Track Meet, Stadium Events, Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, and Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet? That's not even touching on all the variant nonsense that Portnoyd alluded to, what with the number of screws and stupid shit like that. At least for someone getting a Japanese version of a US game, they get different packaging, which is often really cool, and sometimes the game itself has some differences. So there's your "incentive" for those that collect both US and Japanese versions. This is all beside the point, though, because there are tons of Famicom games, many high quality and with next to no Japanese text, that didn't leave Japan at all.

Anyway, it's not about striking a nerve. You just posted some ludicrous stuff and I called you out on it, that's it. But apparently you'll never admit to it because you're quoting, reading, and responding incredibly selectively.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

We're being invaded by NintendoAge people who feel a pressing need to trade insults (and even slip sly digs at DP in the process, closing with what could only be a sarcasm-dripping "kind regards") on this site after a mod-type here specifically called for that sort of conversation to stop? I see an opportunity for increasing my personal "call-it before it happens" score:

In before lock!
    Last edited by calthaer; 09-26-2011 at 03:17 PM.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Woo, meseta!

I think it's good that people can get together and talk this out.

I think this needs more booze in the mix.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calthaer View Post
    We're being invaded by NintendoAge people who feel a pressing need to trade insults (and even slip sly digs at DP in the process) on this site after a mod-type here specifically called for that sort of conversation to stop? I see an opportunity for increasing my score:

In before lock!
    Me too, one before the lock -

Obviously an unwarrented post like Daves is going to strike a cord with me, and i'm not going to put up with it - so fuck him.

Sorry to the MODs at DP, but it is just bullshit to allow someone like portnoyd to piss all over people for no reason. So yeah.