Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Video game Collection/Anthology would you like to see & which do you love?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What Video game Collection/Anthology would you like to see & which do you love?

I'll give you a not so subtle hint for mine:

Bonk, Bomberman, Master Higgins (or Takahashi Meijin) and a host of other games give me ample reason to dream of the day this never happens. Come on, Konami!!! Do it! Speaking of Hudson's new master, I wouldn't mind seeing a collection that has everything from Contra to Parodius on it.

As far as collection that I cherish, my Capcom and Namco collections (for the PS2 and Wii) are probably my most treasured collections with my Activision 2600 Anthology (PC and PS2) coming in third.

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

I'd like to see a new, good Contra, for sure. A new Space Harrier wouldn't break my heart, nor would Life Force. But I'm afraid to see what they would do to them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyvale420 View Post
    I'd like to see a new, good Contra, for sure.
    Contra ReBirth for the Wii was pretty kickass. It had neo-retro graphics as well as that old school Contra circa SNES feeling. I highly recommend it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like Street Fighter Alpha Anthology.
    It's impressively thorough with all the different versions and dipswitch settings, and Hyper Street Fighter Alpha is a great bonus.

What I would really love to see is a collection containing all of Nintendo's arcade games.

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

Well heck, thanks, treismac. I am such an old-school guy, I only ever use my Wii to test stuff to sell. But I'll grab it on yer word. Hell, it's Contra!!!

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Treasure. IF it was possible

Gunstar heroes
    Alien Soldier
    Ikaruga.
    Radient Silvergun
    Mischief Makers
    Silpheed: The Lost Planet
    Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
    Sin and Punishment

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyvale420 View Post
    Well heck, thanks, treismac. I am such an old-school guy, I only ever use my Wii to test stuff to sell. But I'll grab it on yer word. Hell, it's Contra!!!
    Hope you enjoy it, Sunny! Let me know what you think. I think resurrecting the sprite/pixelated graphics for the game went a LONG way in bringing that Contra spirit of old back.

NOTE: I have been waiting for a while for an old buddy of mine to come back into town so the two of us can kick ass together in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I like Street Fighter Alpha Anthology.
    It's impressively thorough with all the different versions and dipswitch settings, and Hyper Street Fighter Alpha is a great bonus.

What I would really love to see is a collection containing all of Nintendo's arcade games.
    I am with you on all of those. SF Alpha is sublime but I'd also love a Street Fighter III Anthology, too.

What is the likelihood of Nintendo ever releasing a collection of their arcade games??? Slim to nil, I'd say. Original Punch-out, Mario Bros., SMB vs., Donkey Kong, DK Jr. ... What other Nintendo arcade games would you like to be able to pop into a console?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'd love to see a Sega Arcade Collection

Everything from Power Drift, Outrunners, Radmobile, Afterburner II, Golden Axe, Revenge of Death Adder, Altered Beast etc. through Daytona USA, Super GT Scud Racer, Virtual On, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Racing, House of the Dead and all the sequels.

Yeah, some of these are out there, but it would be nice to have a comprehensive collection with all the usual suspects that get left out.

Though purists have noted the faults within the emulation, I still love SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1. I always wanted a Neo Geo as a kid, but that was not to be. I'm also not heavy into roms (I only have one functional arcade rom, ha!) so this was something that was a great value to me. And since I hadn't actually played many of the games, I couldn't notice the slowdown or button-input lag like others have..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by treismac View Post
    What other Nintendo arcade games would you like to be able to pop into a console?
    All of them with the exception of PC-10 and NSS stuff, honestly. I'm just curious to see what kind of stuff they produced in those days.
    I suppose I could just play them via MAME, but a proper collection with all the bells and whistles would be really cool.

Junker Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    yoyotheyoshi
    Steam
    aryoshie

I'd really, really like to see an actual awesome Konami collection with Contra, Super C, Castlevania 1-4 (second retranslated possibly), Life Force, Gradius 1, 2 and 3, most (if not all) of the Parodius games, Blades of Steel and maybe a few more.

It'd also be neat to see a Squaresoft classic pack with the Seiken Densetsu trilogy, Live-A-Live, Romancing SaGa trilogy, quite possibly some others we didn't get to see up here that Japan got on the Super Famicom. I wouldn't want them to add the FF games because those can already be obtained sets for like $14 each on the PSX.

It's hard to say what my current existing favorite collection is, it might be the Mega Man Anniversary Collection actually. All of the games on it are great games and I can play them over and over again, never growing tired of them.
    "Nothing can beat the music of hundreds of voices screaming in unison!" ~ Kefka

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Definitely some of the series' that have installment which were never released Stateside. I'd like an Ys compilation for one.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I'd like them to re-do Irem Arcade Hits. Only this time it needs to be either on a console or on the PSP, and it needs to include X-Multiply, the Lode Runner games, and options to pick which version of each game you play (so that people who prefer the slightly harder Japanese R-Type Leo or the much improved Undercover Cops: Alpha Renewal could have their cake and eat it).

Though what I described is basically MAME so there ya go.

Actually, right now my favorite compilations are the Capcom Classics Collection anthologies, but I also was a huge fan of Sierra's "Collection Series" releases from way back when... the ones that included multiple versions of games and had bonus features (not those lame trimmed-down ones that Vivendi Universal released).

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

So far nobody mentioned a Mother/Earthbound compilation that includes English versions of all the games, so I'll list that. I'll try to think of others which would be just as awesome.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm prepared for the mockery, but I would love a Digital Pictures collection including their unreleased stuff. I would also love Cave and Eighting/Raizing shmup collections as well as a Snatcher/Policenauts collection in English.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

A Cave collection sounds excellent. I could actually see that being released.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd like to see a Bust-A-Groove anthology with the Japan only PS2 version included. I'd also like a compilation of every GBA and DS Castlevania game in one package. For the PS3 I'd love a Syphon Filter anthology with the original three games but I know that will never happen.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    So far nobody mentioned a Mother/Earthbound compilation that includes English versions of all the games, so I'll list that. I'll try to think of others which would be just as awesome.
    Awesome? You mean would never ever happen, right? I've heard that copy rights on music keep Nintendo from releasing Earthbound on the Virtual Console. My thoughts on this are, "suck it up , Nintendo". How much damn money do you need? Even if 90% of the VC sales went to music royalties, you owe it to the fans. This is one of THE cult classics of video games, which also happens to be incredibly expensive to buy. The suits at Nintendo are soulless. I am fairly the creative side of big N that actually made Earthbound would vote to put their (and not the suits) game out there for people to enjoy once again even if the profit was minimal.

Come on, Nintendo!!! Do the right thing!!

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by treismac View Post
    Awesome? You mean would never ever happen, right? I've heard that copy rights on music keep Nintendo from releasing Earthbound on the Virtual Console. My thoughts on this are, "suck it up , Nintendo". How much damn money do you need? Even if 90% of the VC sales went to music royalties, you owe it to the fans. This is one of THE cult classics of video games, which also happens to be incredibly expensive to buy. The suits at Nintendo are soulless. I am fairly the creative side of big N that actually made Earthbound would vote to put their (and not the suits) game out there for people to enjoy once again even if the profit was minimal.

Come on, Nintendo!!! Do the right thing!!
    They should just take out the music and replace it with something else. They already changed the base game so much anyway.

I would like an Insomniac compilation with the original Spyro and Crash games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Mother/Earthbound in English would have to be the obvious one for me. A Mario RPG/Paper Mario compilation would go down nicely too but I think we all know how likely Nintendo are to bundle games together when they can still make money from them individually.

With that in mind I'm going for a Wonderboy collection. Or just remake The Dragon's Trap for current/next-gen consoles. Either'll do for me.