Page 26 of 99 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Weekly Nintendo Downloads Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy View Post
    I'm wondering how much Nintendo is gonna shaft us (price wise) on the Neo-Geo games? Anyone know how many point's the Neo Geo games are gonna be?
    It is for 900 points. It the price for Neo Geo games already released in Japan and in Europe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    I heard 900 points.
    It is 900 points, which equals 9$, which equals steal!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hate how Sin & Punishment requires you to have a Classic controller to even play the game when it will work with a Gamecube controller. Now I'm going to have to go out and buy the controller to even play the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You don't need to buy a Classic Controller. That "You will need the Classic Controller" screen comes up on all of the N64 VC games. Just hit A on the Wiimote to get past it.

900 points is a pretty good deal for Neo Geo games considering how much they were when they first came out. Does anyone know how many blocks they will take? My HD and SD card are almost full...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch View Post
    You don't need to buy a Classic Controller. That "You will need the Classic Controller" screen comes up on all of the N64 VC games. Just hit A on the Wiimote to get past it.
    I did. The game didn't start for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All the N64 titles do indeed tell you that a classic controller is needed. But the two I have being Starfox64 and now Sin & Punishment both work fine with the cube controller attached. I just have to press A on the Wii mote as well, or I think I was even able to press start on the cube controller to pass that. In either case, I believe that screen only stays up there for a little bit and goes away on its own. It also only comes up the first time you play the game. Once you've played it, it won't tell you again.

Hmm..I just remembered that Super Castlevania IV also told me a classic controller was needed to play it the first time I fired it up. But again, not true as I play it with a cube controller as well.

The Wii remotes should still be able to talk to the Wii for all the emulated games in the VC. The only time the Wii remotes shut off completely and do not function is when the Wii is in Gamecube mode playing a Cube game. For those you have to take the disc out and reset the Wii manually.

But for all the VC titles you should be able to press any button on a Wii remote and have it resync itself automatically. Then press the home button and click on Wii menu to get back to the main Wii interface. If you're saying that your Wii remote is not resyncing when you try and start some VC games, then something isn't right with either the remote or the Wii.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -^Cro§Bow^- View Post
    All the N64 titles do indeed tell you that a classic controller is needed. But the two I have being Starfox64 and now Sin & Punishment both work fine with the cube controller attached. I just have to press A on the Wii mote as well, or I think I was even able to press start on the cube controller to pass that. In either case, I believe that screen only stays up there for a little bit and goes away on its own. It also only comes up the first time you play the game. Once you've played it, it won't tell you again.

Hmm..I just remembered that Super Castlevania IV also told me a classic controller was needed to play it the first time I fired it up. But again, not true as I play it with a cube controller as well.

The Wii remotes should still be able to talk to the Wii for all the emulated games in the VC. The only time the Wii remotes shut off completely and do not function is when the Wii is in Gamecube mode playing a Cube game. For those you have to take the disc out and reset the Wii manually.

But for all the VC titles you should be able to press any button on a Wii remote and have it resync itself automatically. Then press the home button and click on Wii menu to get back to the main Wii interface. If you're saying that your Wii remote is not resyncing when you try and start some VC games, then something isn't right with either the remote or the Wii.
    Well, it's a screen that stays there and asks you to attach a Classic controller and requires it to be detected before the game will even start or press the A button. It says that pressing A will return you to the Wii Menu screen and that's what it does. It even does it when you press A on the Gamecube controller so I know the controllers are working fine. I tried the game several times and it always has this screen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is odd, I just tried it on mine and the GC controller worked fine. I did have it plugged in before I powered up the Wii - I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Also, again I don't know if this would matter, but do you have the latest Wii Firmware upgrade (the one that came out in August)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ign got the 3 games right for the Virtual Game Console with them being Art of fighting, Fatal Fury and World Heroes.

It was confirmed by Nintendo of America's Press Site today. Here is the link: http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=13620

The vc finally got what they needed more fighting games. The only Tournament Style fighting games the vc had was the 2 Street Fighter 2 games and Virtua Fighter 2.

I considered Fatal Fury to be the best out of the 3 fighting games being released on the vc today. I own all 3 fighting games on the Sega Genesis for a long time. I remembered Art of Fighting having only 3 characters that you could fight as. World Heroes wasn't a bad fighting game, but I considered Fatal Fury being the better game.

As good as I remembered the genesis versions, the Neo Geo version of the 3 games is much better from a sound and graphic standpoint.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 10-08-2007 at 07:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

;_____;

So I downloaded all 3 Neo games.

They're save data / memory card option doesn't come up after your last credit.

You can't save. >_<;;

I already emailed Nintendo asking if it's possible to patch them like Military Madness was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 7th lutz View Post
    I considered Fatal Fury to be the best out of the 3 fighting games being released on the vc today. I own all 3 fighting games on the Sega Genesis for a long time. I remembered Art of Fighting having only 3 characters that you could fight as. World Heroes wasn't a bad fighting game, but I considered Fatal Fury being the better game.

As good as I remembered the genesis versions, the Neo Geo version of the 3 games is much better from a sound and graphic standpoint.
    Fatal Fury only has 3 playable characters. Art of Fighting only lets you use 2 in single-player but 10 in VS. mode. World Heroes has 8 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    ;_____;

So I downloaded all 3 Neo games.

They're save data / memory card option doesn't come up after your last credit.

You can't save. >_<;;

I already emailed Nintendo asking if it's possible to patch them like Military Madness was.
    Doesn't it save your scores, etc. when you go back to the Wii menu? Most VC games do that.

I DL'ed World Heroes and the game plays fine, but when you hit the home button, the menus don't look right - they're all jaggy. I've tried manually changing the aspect ratio from regular to widescreen on my TV but to no effect. It's not a big issue, but it kind of makes reading the manual for the game a pain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Doesn't it save your scores, etc. when you go back to the Wii menu? Most VC games do that.

I care about progress, not scores. 99% of all Neo fighters allowed you to save your progress via memory card so you would start right at the last guy you left off at.

With the games in AES mode, there's only 3 continues. Having owned a neo since Samurai Shodown came out, I can tell you I am not dexterous enough to beat half the fighters out there on 3 continues.

The games are severly crippled without the feature.

That save feature issue aside, they're perfect.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but I want them to put up Samurai Shodown 5 Special up on the virtual console. SSV with all the blood and whatever else they left out before. That would be pretty freakin' awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I played around with all three games last night because I wanted to refresh my memory before writing the essays on the blog. I'm not really impressed with this batch, but I am thrilled to see Neo-Geo on VC, and am looking forward to the sequels, which get much better. Here's hoping that some of the non-fighting games arrive in the future as well...Baseball Stars 2, Neo Turf Masters, yadda yadda.

Of the three fighters, I was most surprised by Fatal Fury. I really liked that game way back when. Today, it's painfully slow and clunky. I can't even imagine what the appeal was, aside from the fact it was among the first Street Fighter 2 clones in the arcades. World Heroes is alright, better than most other sites and blogs have said, but still somewhat slow. Art of Fighting at least has the graphics, and a sort of stripped-down purism that's interesting. Still a bit clunky for a fighter, but it was the one Neo-Geo fighter to get the short shrift on Genesis and SNES. If you want a show-off arcade game, that's a pretty good pick.

But, of course, enough copies of these games will have to sell in order to encourage SNK to release more titles. So it's another week of strategic purchases. I really wish they'd just dump everything on the market and let the public wade through it all.

And why the hell hasn't Inforgrames talked to Nintendo about bringing the Atari consoles to VC? They're bleeding money, and the Atari Flashback was a modest hit for them. So why not here? Where the heck is my Warlords and Yars' Revenge?
    Ghibli Blog - Studio Ghibli, animation, and the movies
    Daniel Thomas Vol 4 - Video games, music, and my musings

Video Game Fanzines Forever!

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

They better put up a copy of SSV special. Hopefully they put up MVS roms instead of edited AES roms. If they put up Blazing Star and Ninja Masters, I'll still be content.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantSvgun View Post
    They better put up a copy of SSV special. Hopefully they put up MVS roms instead of edited AES roms. If they put up Blazing Star and Ninja Masters, I'll still be content.
    I highly doubt Nintendo will release any games that are going to take up a fifth of the internal memory without releasing a new Wii or memory upgrade accessory first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Samurai Showdown is coming out on the Japanese VC soon, so it'll probably be on the US one in a couple of months.

They already have Magician Lord, so hopefully that will be coming out soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Okay, I take it all back. All three games stink. But World Heroes is actually playable. Oddly enough, that's the one that gets piled on by all the fans. Ah, well, at least I sort of liked it. I've finished the week's essay on the blog, so I'm glad I don't have to deal with these games anymore.

Ah, please don't send me three fighting games in the same week again. Please. And please send me some good Neo-Geo games.
    Ghibli Blog - Studio Ghibli, animation, and the movies
    Daniel Thomas Vol 4 - Video games, music, and my musings

Video Game Fanzines Forever!

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm surprised Magician Lord wasn't among the initial batch. I'm not very interested in the three titles up right now, but I'm very excited about future releases.

Still wondering when the Wii Ware games are going to start dropping, I've read some skuttlebutt about Impossible Mission, but not much else.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post

Still wondering when the Wii Ware games are going to start dropping, I've read some skuttlebutt about Impossible Mission, but not much else.
    Nintendo of Japan's media only event already happened today and there was some wii Ware titles announced.

1up has managed to get the wii Ware revealed during Nintendo of Japan's media only event thanks to them using a live blog from Japanese gaming magazine Gemaga.

Nintendo of America has media only event scheduled for later this week. The event should have a Wii Ware titles Announcement for North America.

Here are the Wiiware games from Nintendo of Japan's announcement for Japan:

New version of Dr. Mario
    New version of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: The Little King and The Promised Land
    Joysound [karaoke]
    Star Soldier R (Hudson Soft, Spring 2008)
    Bomberman (Hudson Soft, Spring 2008)
    Mojipittan (Namco Bandai, TBA)

I got this from http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163558

I will try to create a thread or someone else will when Nintendo of America will have their media only event. The thread will have all ds games, wii games, wii ware titles and anything else announce at the vent.