Page 15 of 99 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Weekly Nintendo Downloads Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I'd take the SF's in any form- collection or VC. SF is pretty much the only game I can think of that I would spend the prices they are asking for on VC. Everything else I either own or have in collection format.

The amount of money they want is just TOO much for an impulse buy for me. If games were $1-$3 apiece, I probably would've spent $100+ on games by now- I wouldn't be able to stop myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good week. But then again, there would have to be some serious fuck ups for a week with the releases of Zelda II and TJ&E 2 not to be good.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaster Sam View Post
    I'm down with that, but I already have Shining Force I for GBA.
    That's hardly the same thing. Well okay... somewhat of the same thing. But they destroyed the effectivness of magic in that version, in favor of that crappy card system. Not to mention fucked around with the story. It' a decent remake but I'd much rather play the original.

I too am waiting on some Shining Force goodness. I already own the games but it's the one title that I'll rebuy. Just being my favorite, releasing it for the Wii gives me another excuse to beat it again.

It'll happen eventually, they're releasing Shining in the Darkness (or have released I dunno haven't checked the Wii in a few days.) so the sequals are sure to follow. Nothing I'd sell my Wii over if it doesn't happen immediately. :P

Strawberry (Level 2) Wolfrider31's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'm still waiting til someone releases a modchip that enables you to purchase games from other regions....
    Agreed. There are lots of games I'd like to get from the Japanese VC service. They should take a lesson from Gametap. Monster Boy games in the original Japanese? Damn straight.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaster Sam View Post
    Something like XBLA? If Nintendo would do something like that, they should somehow get the 1989 TMNT arcade game on there.
    I think that's a good idea. I'd gladly pay a monthly fee (even hitting 20 bucks a month, for access to the VC games and other content. The prices in alot of cases just don't make sense. Especially with competing services on the PC or anthology releases (cough, Sonic Collection, cough).
    Order Pier Solar at www.piersolar.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

today's additions

Sonic 2
    Lode Runner
    Golden Axe 2

Source

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

At least two good genesis games were released. I am hoping that nintendo will be releasing more n64 games on the vc soon.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 06-11-2007 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sonic 2 = best Genesis game ever, imo.

And Golden Axe 2 is nice as well. That being said, it's another good week for the VC.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Strawberry (Level 2) DragonMaster Sam's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sonic 2 and Golden Axe 2 are good, but if you have them on the Sega Genesis Collection, it's pretty much pointless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Two game have been anounced to be released on Monday by Hudson. There are:

Bloody Wolf
    World Sports Competition

http://vc-pce.com/usa/e/index.htm is the source. The site is owned and maintained by Hudson themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The VC lineup is pretty good so far, but I really want to see some more N64 games. I've heard they are hard to emulate, but c'mon GIVE US Body Harvest, Pilot Wings, Banjo Kazooie, Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon, Bomberman 64, Blast Corps, ect. Then I will start down loading! I don't have a problem with whats on the vc right now, but most of the games I want I already owned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Quote Originally Posted by 7th lutz View Post
    What would you do if Metroid or Super Metroid gets released on the Virtual game on the first Monday of July after you get a rid of the Wii?
    Be laughed at moreso?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    Be laughed at moreso?
    Piss off, Skaar. Like I really care what you think...

Who would be doing the laughing Skaar, you? Because I don't think the games being put out are worth the money? Because Nintendo doesn't listen to their customers? Because Nintendo keeps rehashing the same games over and over again? It's not worth the $250 I paid for it? Because I'm a 32 year old gamer, who doesn't like playing Cooking Mama, JRPG's, Poke-my-mom, or these other kiddie games that (again) seem to flood every Nintendo console?

I can and do play both Metroid's, for free, on my PC, anyway. If Nintendo doesn't wanna get paid for it, that's all well and good with me. No loss, there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CreamSoda View Post
    The VC lineup is pretty good so far, but I really want to see some more N64 games. I've heard they are hard to emulate, but c'mon GIVE US Body Harvest, Pilot Wings, Banjo Kazooie, Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon, Bomberman 64, Blast Corps, ect. Then I will start down loading! I don't have a problem with whats on the vc right now, but most of the games I want I already owned.
    There might be more one game on Monday. It might be a n64 game since F-Zero X was released in Europe. I will be shocked if any rare n64 games like Banjo Kazooie will be released on the vc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy View Post
    Because Nintendo doesn't listen to their customers? Because Nintendo keeps rehashing the same games over and over again?
    Considering that those same rehashes fly off the shelves like there's no tomorrow, I think that's a fairly good sign that Nintendo IS listening to their customers, and those rehashes ARE what their customers want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy View Post
    Piss off, Skaar. Like I really care what you think...

Who would be doing the laughing Skaar, you? Because I don't think the games being put out are worth the money? Because Nintendo doesn't listen to their customers? Because Nintendo keeps rehashing the same games over and over again? It's not worth the $250 I paid for it? Because I'm a 32 year old gamer, who doesn't like playing Cooking Mama, JRPG's, Poke-my-mom, or these other kiddie games that (again) seem to flood every Nintendo console?

I can and do play both Metroid's, for free, on my PC, anyway. If Nintendo doesn't wanna get paid for it, that's all well and good with me. No loss, there.
    If you're just going to brush them off with "oh it's a kiddy game" then honestly, why the hell did you get a wii in the first place? You knew that nintendo's first party games tend to not deal with overt violence and shit like that. And you could surmise that being a popular japanese console, it would get a lot of japanese developer support as well. And if you're already emulating the metroids on your PC, then I can't imagine you bought the machine JUST to play them on virtual console. It's like you got it just to complain about.

For a 32 year old you're not exactly showing much maturity with the wii.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Again with the kiddie games on Nintendo consoles...

Personally, I'm looking forward to No More Heroes and Manhunt 2 for the Wii.
    If I failed to leave feedback for you on a deal, please contact me.
    My Digital Press Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aha...the whole Nintendo "kiddie" thing again. I won't beat the horse, but I would like to quickly add my thought:

Maybe many people are thinking about that whole ordeal exactly the opposite of what it really is. I am a 32 year old man, with a child. I purchased a Wii for *her*, and for myself in second place. My thought process is that it is an inexpensive console with some neat new ideas, guaranteed to bring many great things for her, and surely will spit out a good few games that I will really enjoy. But, again, she is of course coming first.

If you look at it in that perspective, maybe it is the younger (not *way* younger mind you) group that would be more interested in the consoles that are graphic powerhouses, consumed by realistic and most of the time violent games. Hey, maybe it IS the older crowd purchasing these "kiddie" systems....the crowd WITH kids

Enough said on that point. I really like the VC. Of course I have the games through emulation too, but there is something more convenient (and more legal obviously) about getting them for the VC. I have already purchased a few choice titles I really love.

I am really hoping to see more N64 games as well. Wouldn't it be great to see some other game systems added to the VC, such as Colecovision and 2600?

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice point zektor. I think you're on to something.
    Bloody Wolf sounds good! I been playing Dragon's Curse too much anyway... need new blood.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    Nice point zektor. I think you're on to something.
    Bloody Wolf sounds good! I been playing Dragon's Curse too much anyway... need new blood.
    Ahh, Dragon's Curse! What a great game. One that is not *yet* in my lineup on the VC. I originally purchased this game for my beloved Sega Master System, only to find years later that a superior version existed for the TG16. That game was/is a true work of art. Thanks for reminding me! This game is certainly my next stop.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by zektor View Post
    Ahh, Dragon's Curse! What a great game. One that is not *yet* in my lineup on the VC. I originally purchased this game for my beloved Sega Master System, only to find years later that a superior version existed for the TG16. That game was/is a true work of art. Thanks for reminding me! This game is certainly my next stop.
    Actually, I'm not so sure the TG-16 version is superior. It looks bizarre compared to the SMS version (sorry, Dragon-Man just looks retarded in the TG version), and I don't like the music as well. The TG-16 translation is gawdawful as well. "You've been turned into a TOTALLY DISGUSTING CREATURE!" The SMS's color palette is really pretty comparable to the PC Engine's, so there's really no reason to kick yourself for not getting Dragon's Curse. I was kind of disappointed when I dl'ed it.

Also, in regards to the whole age-group thing, let me give you some stats from my social circle. Out of 10 29-32 year old males, 9 of us have Wii's, one has a 360. So, I agree with you, Zektor; it's high-school kids who are buying the more graphically-ballsy machines. Everybody I know my age is sick of FPS's and Final Fantasy clones.

Random Question: Anybody think we'll see Parasol Stars on the VC? I don't know if Working Designs renewed the copyright for the US release. Taito is publishing on the VC, so maybe it's possible. What do ya'll think?