Page 27 of 99 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Weekly Nintendo Downloads Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Honestly, if you didn't think Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting stunk beforehand, I feel bad for you :P
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    Honestly, if you didn't think Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting stunk beforehand, I feel bad for you :P
    When they first came out, they were pretty amazing, if but only for the bells and whistles; AOF's facial damage, FF's 2 vs 1 game play (years ahead of SF Alpha) and line changing. I *still* have vivid memories of the arcade goers wide eyes as they watched how large the AoF characters got thanks to the zoom in, especially Jack.

While FF really hasn't faired well over the years (especially trying to do special moves), I feel that AoF never lost it's touch. Especially if played as what it is - a touch and go fighter, rather than a combo focused fighter.

And c'mon, trying to undo King's shirt with a Super Fireball Fatal Blow still rules

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The first turbo cd game will be released on Monday with being Gate of Thunder with it being 800 points. I don't know the other vc games being released this monday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Here are this weeks games:
    Ninja Gaiden 2: The Dark Sword of Chaos-500 Wii points
    Metal Marines-800 wii points
    Gate of Thunder-800 wii points

The source is http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=13802

Ninja Gaiden 2 is a good game. I feel this game has the easiest difficulty of the 3 nes Ninja Gaiden games.

Gate of Thunder was one of the games people were looking forward to when Hudson announced Turbo Cd games will be on the virtual game console. It is shoot'em up. This is the first of 2 Turbo cd games this month. The other one is Super Air Zonk: Rockabilly.

It is a good week.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 10-15-2007 at 09:17 AM.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Metal Marines? Is it any good?
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDrive20XX View Post
    Metal Marines? Is it any good?
    It's a pretty good turn-based strategy game. There are various video clips of the game (like this one) on YouTube.

Here's hoping the VC release of Metal Marines causes Ebay prices for the SNES cart to drop (the lower, the better ).
    If I failed to leave feedback for you on a deal, please contact me.
    My Digital Press Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Grabbing Gate of Thunder isn't just encouraged...I think it should be required.

First it stills sounds awesome even though the audio is compressed now to make it a smaller download for the VC. In addition, I don't know...could be my eyes playing tricks. But this also appears to be the first non-blurry TG-16 game I've seen on the VC?! There is also ZERO load times...just instant track changes that don't slow down the game at all and just instant!

Just get it already...besides if a lot of people download and support this TG-16 CD release, then more are sure to come?! Hopefully sooner than later! And I'm still hoping we might get an Rondo of Blood released some time. But something tells me Konami will get in the way of that happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -^Cro§Bow^- View Post

First it stills sounds awesome even though the audio is compressed now to make it a smaller download for the VC. In addition, I don't know...could be my eyes playing tricks. But this also appears to be the first non-blurry TG-16 game I've seen on the VC?! There is also ZERO load times...just instant track changes that don't slow down the game at all and just instant!

Just get it already...besides if a lot of people download and support this TG-16 CD release, then more are sure to come?! Hopefully sooner than later!
    I agree that Gate Thunder is required. I knew it is a great game for a long long time. The turbo cd game Japan only games is based on sales on Turbo-16 cd games. The turbo-16 cd game I expect getting the most downloads by the end of the year will be y's book 1&2.

There is more turbo cd games coming. There is talk that Hudson will be releasing a total 5 turbo -16 games this year and 10 to 15 turbo cd-16 games next year.

Hudson appears to be planning to release Turbo-16 Hu-card games and Turbo-16 cd games each month at this time. I got a rough idea what Turbo-16 Hu-card games will be released after October with those games being Released in North America orginally from 1989 to 1993.

I got a rough idea what some of the future turbo-16 cd games will be for tg-16 cd games that were released released in North America.

Cherry (Level 1) DaBargainHunta's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZackyH View Post
    Hate how Sin & Punishment requires you to have a Classic controller to even play the game when it will work with a Gamecube controller. Now I'm going to have to go out and buy the controller to even play the game
    Your post got me worried (I downloaded Sin and Punishment the other night but haven't played it yet). Well, I just tested it out. The classic controller screen lasts a couple of seconds and then the game begins. The Cube controller works fine for me (I don't own a classic Controller).

If you can't get past the classic controller screen, I suggest one of two things:

1) Erase and re-download the game.

2) Make sure your system has the latest updates (this shouldn't really matter, but you never know).

It would suck if you couldn't play this game, but I'm optimistic that one of the two methods I outlined above will be successful for you.

Good luck! Please be sure to let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by -^Cro§Bow^- View Post
    I've never played it, but I really want to. This is my next VC purchase for sure.
    Last edited by DaBargainHunta; 10-16-2007 at 02:19 AM.
    Formerly the poster known as Retro Pro

My review of Road Trip for PS2: http://digitpress.com/reviews/roadtrip.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This weeks game are:

Lunar pool-500 wii points
    Ninja JaJaMaru kun-600 wii points
    Golden Axe 3-800 Wii points

The source is http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=13876

We got 2 Japan only games back when those 2 games at the time they were orginally release.

Golden Axe 3 was on the Sega Genesis Collection last year. Golden Axe 3 was not a great game or the best Golden Axe genesis based on me playing it the Sega Genesis Collection on the ps and the psp.

Ninja JaJaMaru kun was never released in the States for the nes. Ninja JaJaMaru kun was released in Europe last month, so I figured the game Will making to North America sometime in the future.

Here is the gameplay video for Ninja JaJaMaru kun: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tPU_STTu-kk . This Youtube video lasted a 1.07.

I hope this video will give you an idea about the game play and what the gameplay is about.

This week gives North america gamers hope in games going to the vc despite the Publisher nolonger exists as a company. Lunar Pool was by FCI a Company that nolonger exists.

The good news is this the same company that Published Zanac and the ultima games for game consoles in North America.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 10-22-2007 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Here is the link to 2nd gameplay video of Ninja JaJaMaru kun: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26812.html

It lasts for 1 min. and 37 sec.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

Quote Originally Posted by 7th lutz View Post
    This week gives North america gamers hope in games going to the vc despite the Publisher nolonger exists as a company. Lunar Pool was by FCI a Company that nolonger exists.

The good news is this the same company that Published Zanac and the ultima games for game consoles in North America.
    The rights to Zanac would still belong to Compile? Compile games were published by many different companies in the USA such as FCI: Zanac, Sega: Golvelius, TOHO: Space Megaforce, Seismic: MUSHA, etc…

OH,
    I believe that Ninja JaJaMaru kun was slated to be released in the USA as 'Ninja Taro' looking at those screens that is what it appears to be?

Otherwise, it is good to continue to see more import game realized in the USA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGenesis View Post
    The rights to Zanac would still belong to Compile? Compile games were published by many different companies in the USA such as FCI: Zanac, Sega: Golvelius, TOHO: Space Megaforce, Seismic: MUSHA, etc…

OH,
    I believe that Ninja JaJaMaru kun was slated to be released in the USA as 'Ninja Taro' looking at those screens that is what it appears to be?

Otherwise, it is good to continue to see more import game realized in the USA!
    I was under the impression fci did the publishing for nes compile games.
    Compile doesn't have the rights. I am saying that because compile nolonger exists since 2002, but several ex-employees founded Aiky according to Wikipedia. I don't trust that site though.

I figure Aiky has the rights to the game since Zanac is released on the virtaul game console in Japan or D4 enterprise does. Zanac was already rated for the wii according the ESRB website. I did a search on the virtual game console section of the wii shop channel and found out the compile game Lunar pool was published by d4 Enterprise for the vc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

Quote Originally Posted by 7th lutz View Post
    I was under the impression fci did the publishing for nes compile games.
    Compile doesn't have the rights. I am saying that because compile nolonger exists since 2002, but several ex-employees founded Aiky according to Wikipedia. I don't trust that site though.

I figure Aiky has the rights to the game since Zanac is released on the virtaul game console in Japan or D4 enterprise does. Zanac was already rated for the wii according the ESRB website. I did a search on the virtual game console section of the wii shop channel and found out the compile game Lunar pool was published by d4 Enterprise for the vc.
    Compile NES games were published by many different company

Zanac - FCI
    Gun-Nac - Ascii
    Guradian Legend - Broderbund

I have the understanding that a couple of Compile fellows went on to form Milestone (Radirgy, Chaos Field, Karous) and that several more have start up a developer named 'Compile Heart'.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Lunar Pool is fucking brilliant. I would buy that one if I didn't have the cart.

Ninja JaJaMaru kun is kind of bad from what I remember. It's one of those games from the suuuuuuper early Famicom days, isn't it? Still, it's good to see them bringing more imports over. I'm still getting over the shock of how rad Sin and Punishment is.

I never played Genny Golden Axe III but I seem to remember that it's release in the US was delayed for a long time because it sucked. I remember seeing the pictures of the tiny, pathetic-looking sprites and comparing those screenshots to the hand-drawn, big sprites of the arcade version and wondering how the hell they could have let that happen.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZackyH View Post
    Well, it's a screen that stays there and asks you to attach a Classic controller and requires it to be detected before the game will even start or press the A button. It says that pressing A will return you to the Wii Menu screen and that's what it does. It even does it when you press A on the Gamecube controller so I know the controllers are working fine. I tried the game several times and it always has this screen.
    I think I figured out what your problem is. The situation you're describing is exactly what happens when you have the GameCube controller hooked up to the Player 2 port instead of Player 1. Remember that on the Wii, the P1 GC controller port is all the way on the right (the one closest to the front of the machine).

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amos View Post
    I think I figured out what your problem is. The situation you're describing is exactly what happens when you have the GameCube controller hooked up to the Player 2 port instead of Player 1. Remember that on the Wii, the P1 GC controller port is all the way on the right (the one closest to the front of the machine).
    I never got back on that. I changed the ports days ago and that was what it was. I have three wireless controllers and all of them were plugged into ports except for the front one. What's weird is that I could of sworn I had no problem with other N64 games and single player Gamecube games and was using port 4 to control Paper Mario and GC. The way I saw with my system laying flat the ports go from left to right so port 4 seemed like it should be port 1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

There is no N64 game coming next month by Japan not having a n64 games. Usually Europe and North America gets the same game as Japan in the same month or the month after.

Here is the article of Next months Japan games: http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/186/j...ember-2007.php .
    Ys book 1 & 2 will not be released next month in Europe or North America.

North America's tg-16/ turbo cd games next month are Power Golf and Super Air Zonk: Rockabilly. Super Air Zonk: Rockabilly got delayed till next month. I got the list of turbo games from http://vc-pce.com/usa/e/index.html .

Europe's tg-16 games next month are Samurai Ghost and Power Golf. I got Europe list of Turbo games from http://vc-pce.com/eur/e/index.html .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've finally finished my blog post on this week's games at Videogames of the Damned. My cable is down right now (need money), so I'm sharing computers and scrambling to find time whenever I can. This took most of the week, but I think I made up for it by a lot of writing and a ton of screenshots.

You'll have to let me know what you think of the screenshots in my VC reviews. I try to have a decent amount, without piling on too much.

As for the games? I really hated Lunar Pool. I really, really hated Jaja Maru Kun. I really liked Golden Axe 3. That's definitely a sleeper hit, one that grows on you over time. Also, it's an import, and it's necessary for us to support the import games - at least the good ones.

I'm really wondering what the deal is with the NES games released so far. Why are all the bad games popping out? Where the heck are all the good ones? Have there been any most-wanted polls at this site yet? I'm curious to see what you're waiting for.
    Ghibli Blog - Studio Ghibli, animation, and the movies
    Daniel Thomas Vol 4 - Video games, music, and my musings

Video Game Fanzines Forever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Thomas View Post
    I'm really wondering what the deal is with the NES games released so far. Why are all the bad games popping out? Where the heck are all the good ones? Have there been any most-wanted polls at this site yet? I'm curious to see what you're waiting for.
    I think nintendo is trying to all the stinkers out the way right now. There are still some early games for the nes hasn't been released like vollyball and Wrecking Crew. There are some average or below average games going the nes vc system still. Good games will be coming soon on the nes vc. On the vc-reviews website, River Ransom City, Bubble bobble, bases loaded, Dr. Mario, Super Mario 3, Ghosts' N Goblins, and Zanac is on the coming list.

I think it will be better for the nes on the vc next year.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 10-27-2007 at 07:06 PM.