Page 70 of 99 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1963

Thread: Official Weekly Nintendo Downloads Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I will not be updating the official Wiiware thread for the next two Monday's, someone else has to do it instead. I will not be the Internet from August 28th through Sept. 9th.

The Nintendo Press releases for Wiiware updates are found at http://press.nintendo.com/loginSplash.jsp and at http://www.nintendolife.com/ on Mondays.

Nintendo Life gets the press releases by Nintendo of America by e-mail and is a good source to use as result if Nintendo doesn't post is on their press site.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 08-25-2009 at 09:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's vc release is the following:

Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - Snes 800 Wii Points

The source is http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=19708 .

It is the 2nd of 3 Super Star War releases for the vc.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 08-25-2009 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I will not be updating the official Wii Virtual Console thread for the next two Monday's, someone else has to do it instead. I will not be the Internet from August 28th through Sept. 9th.

The Nintendo Press releases for Wii Virtual Console updates are found at http://press.nintendo.com/loginSplash.jsp and at http://www.nintendolife.com/ on Mondays.

Nintendo Life gets the press releases by Nintendo of America by e-mail and is a good source to use as result if Nintendo doesn't post is on their press site.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 08-25-2009 at 09:33 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DeadlyMaple
    PSN
    DeadlyMaple
    Steam
    some.nerd

Today's VC release is the following:
    Phantasy Star™
    Original platform: SEGA Master System
    Publisher: SEGA
    Players: 1
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone 10 and Older) – Animated Blood, Mild Fantasy Violence
    Price: 500 Wii Points
    Description: Originally released on the SEGA Master System, Phantasy Star is a pioneer in the role-playing game genre. Alis is the fearless female protagonist out to avenge her brother’s death at the hands of cruel dictator King Lassic. Players must guide Alis and her troops through the sprawling environments of the Agol solar system in an attempt to defeat King Lassic and liberate the people of Agol. Engage in dynamic turn-based combat with dragons, ghouls, giants and magicians by using unique weapons such as glowing daggers, crossbows and magic spells.

info obtained from: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/200...and_puzzles_us

IMO, the original Phantasy Star is still a pretty solid RPG, even with its faults. If you like the series (and don't already own one of the many compilations it's been released on already), you'd do alright to give it a download.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Huh. Phantasy Star was one of the reasons that I kept my SMS last summer, when I got rid of a lot of games for it. I'm still not sure about downloads vs. physical product, same with music.
    "Where my finger goes is none of your goddamn business." -Metropolisforever

"my house is burning down as I type this because of a Sega AC adapter" -Oobgarm

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's WiiWare releases are as follows:

Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 2
    Publisher: Telltale Games
    ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Alcohol Reference, Cartoon Violence, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes
    Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
    Description: Guybrush's adventures continue on the high seas as pox-plagued pirates lay siege to the innocent Mer-People. Between defending the Mer-People and dodging the persistent pirate hunter hot on his trail, Guybrush manages to catch up to his beloved wife and despised arch-nemesis, but the reunion is short-lived. Now Guybrush must focus on eradicating the Pox of LeChuck before more harm can be done. And as the Mighty Pirate draws closer to a cure, the waters will only grow murkier in this thrilling chapter of the epic saga.

3-2-1, Rattle Battle!
    Publisher: Tecmo
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief
    Price: 500 Wii Points
    Description: 3-2-1, Rattle Battle! is a party game packed with exciting mini-games. Intuitive controls mean that anyone can enjoy playing - just grab the Wii Remote™ and shake it to "rattle." Great fun for single players, but the party really gets started when you register high scores on Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection to see how you measure up against players from around the globe.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Todays DSiware releases are as follows:

Puzzle League™ Express
    Publisher: Nintendo
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
    Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points™
    Description: The ever-popular Puzzle League comes to Nintendo DSiWare. As it is with all good puzzlers, the concept is simple: Connect blocks of the same color to clear them from the screen and prevent your stack from becoming too high. There are four single-player modes to choose from: Endless (survive to earn a top score), Clear (eliminate all blocks above the line), Score Attack (score as high as possible in two minutes) and Vs. COM (use items and combos to attack a computer opponent). You can choose from a variety of background music to help get you in the zone, and even play in horizontal or vertical mode by holding the Nintendo DSi system normally or like a book. Whichever way you play, you're guaranteed maximum fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you have a 360 or PS3, it's an unlockable on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection disc.

It's nice to see the SMS get more games on the VC - but where the hell are all of the Virtual Arcade games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch View Post
    If you have a 360 or PS3, it's an unlockable on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection disc.

It's nice to see the SMS get more games on the VC - but where the hell are all of the Virtual Arcade games?
    Yup that's right i all ready unlock (phantasy star) in the ps3 version of the collection.To little to late by sega to get it on the vc.Looks like i'll will be saving what points i have left for another game.

As for more arcade games on the vc that's a good question.The arcade version of,Splatterhouse all ready hit it in japan a few months back.Yet no u.s release so far.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 08-31-2009 at 09:47 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's VC releases are as follows:

Super Return of the Jedi
    Original platform: Super NES™
    Publisher: LucasArts
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Fantasy Violence
    Price: 800 Wii Points
    Description: Join the Rebellion and crush the Death Star in a giant universe filled with all the action and adventure of the Star Wars® finale. Take command of five different characters - from Wicket the Ewok to Princess Leia - and go up against the Empire's worst, from Jabba the Hutt to the Emperor himself. You're going to need every ounce of Force you've got in you. Battle in actual movie locales, from Jabba the Hutt's palace to the Forest of Endor and the Emperor's Tower. Cross sabers with the darkest of the dark side: Bib Fortuna, Jabba the Hutt, the rancor, Darth Vader and the Emperor.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's DSiware releases are as follows:

Clubhouse Games™ Express: Family Favorites
    Players: 1-8
    Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
    Description: Choose from five family-friendly games in this Nintendo DSiWare version of the popular Clubhouse Games. Play classic card games like Hearts and Contract Bridge; connect bones to other bones in Dominoes; think strategically in the simple but addictive Dots and Boxes; and move your pieces towards a common goal in Ludo. Play by yourself or use DS Download Play to host as many as seven friends.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's WiiWare releases are as follows:

Contra Rebirth
    Publisher: Konami
    Players: 1-2
    ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Fantasy Violence
    Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
    Description: Chief Salamander and his Neo-Salamander Force travel back to 1973 A.D. to invade Earth. They land in Central America and take control of the Shizuoka ruins on the Yucatan Peninsula. There, the aliens plan the destruction of all the "Contra" on Earth. The Galactic President calls on Lance Bean, a member of the elite "Contra" warriors, to save the day, but his sudden disappearance jeopardizes the safety of the planet. Now, Bill Rizer and samurai Genbei Yagyu are the last hope for Earth. They must pick up their weapons and defeat the evil Neo-Salamander Army before all is lost. Experience the fast-paced, action-packed, side-scrolling adventure that pioneered the run-and-gun genre.

ColorZ
    Publisher: Exkee
    Players: 1-3
    ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief
    Price: 700 Wii Points
    Description: With ColorZ, go forth in your spaceships on a mission to clean up virus-infested planets. Immerse yourself in a new gaming experience that will reveal mind-hand-eye coordination skills you never knew you had. Absorb viruses of your own color, but steer clear of the others. If necessary, you can cleverly merge your ships together to create new colors. Buzz past your enemies to keep your combo and clock up a new high score. Explore an extra dimension with the game's multiplayer mode and share the unique experience of cooperative play between friends. Pool your forces, synchronize your movements and become a unified team of up to three players to meet the challenge together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Before doing today's DSiware thread update, I want to thank Gameboy Color for doing the update while I was gone.

Today's DSiware update is the following:

Oscar in Toyland - 800 DSi Points

Art Academy™: First Semester
    Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points
    Description: Art Academy is a portable art course that replaces the lecture-like structure of art school and the trial-and-error of working on canvas. Art Academy: First Semester can guide you through the basics of pencil and paints, using Nintendo DSi controls to draw like the real things. With your own paintbrush set and color palette, you'll learn texturing and blending techniques, plus ways to depict light and shade. There's also Free Paint mode, which allows you to select and draw from photos in your Nintendo DSi Camera Album. In just a few lessons, you'll be discovering your inner artist and creating your own masterpieces with art skills that you can apply with real-life materials.

The source is http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=19991 .

Oscar in Toyland already was released in Europe. Game review of the game is found at http://dsiware.nintendolife.com/revi...oyland_dsiware .
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 09-14-2009 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I want to thank Gameboy Color for updating the official Wiiware update thread while I was gone.

Today's Wiiware games are the following:

Spaceball: Revolution - 800 Wii Points
    Texas Hold'em Poker - 600 Wii Points
    Mart Racer - 800 Wii Points

The source is http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=19991 .

Spaceball: Revolution is not based off the Mel Brooks movie Spaceballs. Spaceball: Revolution was already released in Europe. A game review on Spaceball: Revolution is found at Spaceball: Revolution .

Texas Hold'em Poker can be played online and was already released in Europe. A game review on Texas Hold'em Poker is found at http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/revi...s_holdem_poker .

Screenshots and a video on Mart Racer is found at http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/game...are/mart_racer .
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 09-14-2009 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I want to thank old_skoolin_jim and Gameboy Color for the updating the official Wii Virtual Console updates thread.

Crash 'n the Boys: Street Challenge - Nes - 500 Wii Points

The source is http://vc.nintendolife.com/games/nes...reet_challenge .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 7th lutz View Post
    I want to thank old_skoolin_jim and Gameboy Color for the updating the official Wii Virtual Console updates thread.

Crash 'n the Boys: Street Challenge - Nes - 500 Wii Points

The source is http://vc.nintendolife.com/games/nes...reet_challenge .

I've always been a big fan of this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    N30V3N0M
    Steam
    N30V3N0M

I wonder when the heck the Wiis in North America are going to get C64 games... Europe already has them already. I still got my C64 but like some of the games are ruined like my Last Ninja.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVenom View Post
    I wonder when the heck the Wiis in North America are going to get C64 games... Europe already has them already. I still got my C64 but like some of the games are ruined like my Last Ninja.
    You must not pay any attention to this service or ever check the shop.

North America got it's first VC C64 release in February, 7 months ago. It launched with several titles, including The Last Ninja. It last saw a update in June, and now has 7 releases available to purchase for $5 a game.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 09-19-2009 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    N30V3N0M
    Steam
    N30V3N0M

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
    You must not pay any attention to this service or ever check the shop.

North America got it's first VC C64 release in February, 7 months ago. It launched with several titles, including The Last Ninja. It last saw a update in June, and now has 7 releases available to purchase for $5 a game.
    What the...I must have missed it and I think the last time I did check it was on January. Thanks for the heads up and my apologies.

Got a question, I noticed Earthworm Jim & Clay Fighters are on the virtual console. Were they better on the Genesis? I played both of them on the SNES.
    Last edited by NeoVenom; 09-19-2009 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Today's DSiware releases are the following:

Clubhouse Games Express: Strategy Pack
    Players: 1-8
    Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
    Description: Prepare yourself for a lesson in tactics as you play through five strategy-based games in this Nintendo DSiWare version of the popular Clubhouse Games. Take on an opponent in the classic Backgammon, invade an enemy base in Field Tactics, sandwich your opponent's pieces to capture them in Turncoat, create strings of five in a row in Connect Five and guess where to attack your opponent's pieces in Grid Attack. Play by yourself or use DS Download Play to host as many as seven friends.

MySims Camera
    Publisher: Electronic Arts
    Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
    Description: MySims Camera is a camera application that utilizes popular MySims characters. You can take photos and overlay 3-D MySims characters to bring them into the real world. The 3-D characters can be animated, moved, scaled, rotated and cropped. You can also draw on the photos with the stylus or use the stamp tool to add more art and style. Create a unique frame and save the photos to the Nintendo DSi Camera album to share with friends. MySims Camera is a fun, creative experience for the entire family.

The source is http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=20051 .