Thread: Replacing xbox 360 games

Insert Coin (Level 0) lookfun78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Replacing xbox 360 games

I have some games that don't work anymore due to the death ring or cracks. Is there a way of replacing them for free. The games that are cracked are halo 3, and rock band 2. The ones with the death ring are marvel vs capcom 3 and bully. So can I replace these for free or for a really really low cost (one cheaper than buying them used) if so how do I do this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I assume with a Microsoft published release, you'd deal with Microsoft. For a 3rd party release, you'd contact the publisher of that game. And it wouldn't surprise me if they'd require a receipt and for your claim to fall within their warranty length.

How have you had 4 games fail on you? I've yet to have that happen to a single game. I assume death rings are the result of you moving the system when the disc is spinning, so I wouldn't even attempt contacting a publisher about those since they're probably going to blame it on user error, even if you know it didn't happen as a result of you moving the system.

Due to the unusual amount of wear and tear you're experiencing, I'd suggest getting a big HD for the system to allow game installations to better protect your game library from additional problems like these.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    I assume with a Microsoft published release, you'd deal with Microsoft. For a 3rd party release, you'd contact the publisher of that game. And it wouldn't surprise me if they'd require a receipt and for your claim to fall within their warranty length.

How have you had 4 games fail on you? I've yet to have that happen to a single game. I assume death rings are the result of you moving the system when the disc is spinning, so I wouldn't even attempt contacting a publisher about those since they're probably going to blame it on user error, even if you know it didn't happen as a result of you moving the system.

Due to the unusual amount of wear and tear you're experiencing, I'd suggest getting a big HD for the system to allow game installations to better protect your game library from additional problems like these.
    I've had the same thing happen with Halo 3 and Halo ODST. Microsoft will replace them for you, but it costs like $10 with the shipping and handling. Probably easier to find those games for $8 off craigslist. What you can do however, if you have a big enough hard drive, is borrow "unscratched" versions of those games from somebody (or rent them), and use the install feature and install them to your hard drive. Then give the game back and use your scratched disk for verification. This has worked for me.