Thread: Easier cooperative games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Street of Rage 2 is pretty easy for jolly cooperative

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would say go ahead & try the orig. Mario Bros w/ her- the single-screen one where the creatures come out the top pipes. People seem to forget this game when they think of Mario games. It's on Virtual Console for $5, prob. less in NES cart form. Cant seem to find one in handheld form though, there's a similar game on GBA (it's NOT the original.)

The game physics are hysterical w/ 2 players- bumping into/off each other, punching the floor under your opponent, etc. But the beauty of it is you can play co-op OR 1 on 1.

Let her hang around at the bottom getting coins while you get the creatures, or divide the screen: you do the top levels, she patrols the bottom/POW switch, etc.

Controls cant be much simpler: L or R & jump. No up or down.

Joust has similar gameplay, but hitting an enemy requires more precision. Oh yeah, & NOTHING beats multiplayer Gauntlet.
    Last edited by RJ; 10-22-2011 at 03:47 PM.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I would say go ahead & try the orig. Mario Bros w/ her- the single-screen one where the creatures come out the top pipes. People seem to forget this game when they think of Mario games. It's on Virtual Console for $5, prob. less in NES cart form. Cant seem to find one in handheld form though, there's a similar game on GBA (it's NOT the original.)

The game physics are hysterical w/ 2 players- bumping into/off each other, punching the floor under your opponent, etc. But the beauty of it is you can play co-op OR 1 on 1.

Let her hang around at the bottom getting coins while you get the creatures, or divide the screen: you do the top levels, she patrols the bottom/POW switch, etc.

Controls cant be much simpler: L or R & jump. No up or down.

Joust has similar gameplay, but hitting an enemy requires more precision. Oh yeah, & NOTHING beats multiplayer Gauntlet.
    I was going to suggest Joust also. My wife and I used to play that together quite a lot. The difficulty ramps up pretty quickly, though. For us that was okay because I'm not real good, so even when she ran out of lives she wasn't bored for long. Plus I think you can use the other person's lives when you run out, at least on the NES version.

Was there a dedicated Mario Bros. game on GBA? I know it was available (possibly unlockable?) on one of the Super Mario games, I think it was Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (one of the dumbest titles ever). I think it was also available as an e-reader game. Were those significantly different from the arcade version?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There was a similar GBA title, I played it once. There was a POW switch at the top as well as the bottom, which would change gameplay seriuosly. also, IIRC none of the orig. various MB creratures appeared, just the red/orange spiky thing from SMB. & I want to say you were looking thru some fencing or something that kinda hampered your visibilty of the whole screen.

Theres an e-reader game, apparently rare, which is interesting as I got Animal Crossing for $1 at a garage sale yest. & started it today. Im not chasing down a GBA & an e-reader though. I got MB on VC anyway. A-OK.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mario Bros. was actually included in all four Mario Advance games, as well as having an e-Reader version.