Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone going to feel like they are going to waste their lives with BF3?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Battlefield 3? Not after what I played of the demo. But Halo: CE Anniversary and MW3 will definitely be dominating my play time when they are released over the next 3 weeks. I'm still going to pick up BF3 eventually but it's going to be awhile unless I find a really good deal on it.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not that I particularly enjoy defending EA but there was no "demo" for BF3, it was a beta. I wish more people knew the difference.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had totally cleared out my gaming schedule and whittled my backlog down to nil for BF3. But after the disappointment of the beta, and now the delay of the review embargo until after the game releases... I canceled my preorder yesterday. Not getting burned on this one. If it comes out, is awesome, and the reviews are respectable, I'll just have to do without the preorder bonuses.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    If it's not Call of Crap, it's nothing

Play a Real FPS like Doom 3, Quake, Unreal, Duke Nukem

I will download Daytona USA

im not trying to single you out or anything but why the fuck is it that some people (pc gamers usually) go off on this superiority/god complex tangent whenever anyone mentions cod of playing battlefield or really any shooters on consoles?

and then always refer to those games you just mentioned, ie unreal tournament, doom 3, quake, what makes those fps games more "real" in your eyes?
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie View Post
    I had totally cleared out my gaming schedule and whittled my backlog down to nil for BF3. But after the disappointment of the beta, and now the delay of the review embargo until after the game releases... I canceled my preorder yesterday. Not getting burned on this one. If it comes out, is awesome, and the reviews are respectable, I'll just have to do without the preorder bonuses.

you should rethink that, amazon has a 20 dollar bonus towards your next purchase as well as the 4 back to karkland map packs, even it it does dissappoint u can still get a new 20 dollar game to soften the blow or a significant chunk taken out of your next day 1 game purchase
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    you should rethink that, amazon has a 20 dollar bonus towards your next purchase as well as the 4 back to karkland map packs, even it it does dissappoint u can still get a new 20 dollar game to soften the blow or a significant chunk taken out of your next day 1 game purchase
    This... and sell the game to Ebay "like new" the following week. Just don't use the Back to Karkland map codes and if you happen not to like it then you can mention that the codes are unused and included.

You'll more than likely get $40 back, and essentially that's how much you've paid if you purchase another game using the $20.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Rock View Post
    Despite being more console friendly and with a quicker pace, yes. It's still the smartest FPS out there.

I wont be getting it on PC though.
    I have a PC that will run this game very well, but I'll still get if for the 360.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    If it's not Call of Crap, it's nothing

Play a Real FPS like Doom 3, Quake, Unreal, Duke Nukem
    You do realize that Doom 3 was optimized for the original Xbox. The price of a PC to run that game at the same level of the Xbox in 2004 would probably have been twice as much.
    Last edited by Gamevet; 10-23-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

im not trying to single you out or anything but why the fuck is it that some people (pc gamers usually) go off on this superiority/god complex tangent whenever anyone mentions cod of playing battlefield or really any shooters on consoles?

and then always refer to those games you just mentioned, ie unreal tournament, doom 3, quake, what makes those fps games more "real" in your eyes?
    It usually comes down to them all being "twitch" shooters which is where the Keyboard and Mouse really shines, surprised 1.6 or CSS wasn't mentioned in his post to be honest. Since this guy seems to be jumping in every thread saying how he hates war shooters it could also be because all of these games use the SPACE MARINE AWESOME DEATH KILLINTON vibe as well.

Controlling with a keyboard and mouse is pretty much always more effective once you get the controls properly down but for whatever reason I never have as much fun with a KB/M combo as I do with a controller. I also have a pretty good rig and I'll eventually pick up BF3 for it but initially I'm getting it for consoles where I can play with my friends. I'm hopping for eventual mapping and modding tools for the PC version eventually but I kinda have a vibe that its not going to happen this time.
    Last edited by substantial_snake; 10-23-2011 at 01:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    Controlling with a keyboard and mouse is pretty much always more effective once you get the controls properly down but for whatever reason I never have as much fun with a KB/M combo as I do with a controller. I also have a pretty good rig and I'll eventually pick up BF3 for it but initially I'm getting it for consoles where I can play with my friends. I'm hopping for eventual mapping and modding tools for the PC version eventually but I kinda have a vibe that its not going to happen this time.

Apparently the dev team for Huxley actually did research on pad vs keyboard and mouse. If I remember right basically using a pad is better for up close/quick fighting (where you use a shorter "throw" distance) and KB&M is better for long range/fine tuned fighting.

I'm not sure how true that is but it seems to be about my experience. Some FPSs just don't feel right on a pad (Bad Company 2 being a pretty big example) and some are actually quite comfortable (Halo, CoD, BF3 [based on the beta.])

It's always going to come down to a mix of how the game is designed and personal preference. I used to be exclusively PC with FPSs, not counting console exclusives, until about a year ago.

As for modded games, I'd look into that a bit more. I'm pretty sure EA is planning to ban Origin accounts that play on modded servers. I don't want to spread rumors though, so read up on that for yourself. I'll just say Origin in general is the main reason why I'm not getting this on PC.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, crap. I didn't even notice the $20 credit on Amazon. I still have my $20 from Gears I can apply to it. Preorder back on. *grumble*
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

I'm a huge FPS person. I was a huge CoD fan until MW2. Now I play it just for the single player story. BF though, smoked 3 keyboard and 1 mouse through my BF2 career. Since I no longer PC game, I'd better buy some extra X360 controllers. Don't be me wrong, I eventually will own MW3, but once it goes on sale or I get it on a good deal from Craigslist (yeah, right).

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to seeing how DICE does with a single player story since BF3 is the first in the Battlefield series to have a single player. Also, Syndicate looks pretty awesome.