Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    The appeal is more "online competitive multiplayer" than "war FPS". Competing online against other gamers will never end. As long as there are video games there will be people shooting other people online.
    If this were really true more people would be making L4D or Painkiller knock-offs, experimenting a bit with the genre. Though I suppose that could simply be down to laziness on the part of the developers or an unwillingness to take risks on the part of the publishers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

damned 500 errors.
    Last edited by Nebagram; 10-23-2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: doublepost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

There are many games but I going for Duke Nukem Forever since it was hype for a good long time

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nebagram View Post
    If this were really true more people would be making L4D or Painkiller knock-offs
    Um... why? Painkiller is an older feeling game, why knock off something that's been done so many times before? L4D is a cooperative game, not a competitive one.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Kameo. I expected a good action game, and found out that its gameplay makes it hard to enjoy. Thought it may have been just me, but I lent the game to a friend of mine and he agreed with my opinion.

Yet, if you do a search on metacritic, you'll find that the game's average score is 79%. Gotta wonder if reviewers who rated Kameo highly played the same game I did...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye View Post
    Kameo. I expected a good action game, and found out that its gameplay makes it hard to enjoy. Thought it may have been just me, but I lent the game to a friend of mine and he agreed with my opinion.

Yet, if you do a search on metacritic, you'll find that the game's average score is 79%. Gotta wonder if reviewers who rated Kameo highly played the same game I did...
    I think it's because it was a hyped up launch title. Perfect Dark: Zero has an 84% I guess I'd put PDZ as overrated too based on just metacritic.

To quote the GamesCritics blurb. "There's nothing "next gen" about this title other than the graphics and sound. The gameplay would barely pass as mediocre on the last generation of consoles."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buzz_n64 View Post
    Give the war FPS genre a rest people! This is worse than the fighting game craze of the 90s. The shit all looks the same to me. When will people finally get tired of the war FPS genre? Call of Duty 8, or Battlefield 15?
    This is how I always felt about World War II shooters. I never got their appeal and always wondered why they made so many each and every year. As for modern war shooters, the reason why has already been answered. MW was the only one I've been playing the last few years but as a fps fan I need to atleast give BF3 a try.

For me I would have to say Burnout Paradise was overrated. Coming from Burnout 3(the greatest racing game ever) and Burnout Revenge I just wasn't into the open world of BP. One of these days I'll give it another try but I definitely prefer the older set up of races and crash challenges.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

They'll stop making first person shooters when the market bottoms out on them like what happened to fighting games in the late 90s and 2000s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Negativity, negativity, negativity.

The whole concept of "overrated" is so pissy/pouty. If you don't like a game...fine, but the idea that a popular game is actually bad and only you "get it" is so...how do I put this...teenage-drama-queen. I've used the term in the past too, but with age comes wisdom. No game is overrated. There's just games that I like and games that I don't like.

Fallout 3 rocked BTW and Vegas was even better.
    I agree with you. It is both egotistical and immature for someone to tell people they're *enjoying the thing they enjoy too much,* while they on the other hand are a superior creature who knows the true objective worth of things. What impulse drives someone to see people enjoying something and tell them they're wrong and should stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevet View Post
    I've already finished the House Always Wins. I could also kill Yes Man I suppose.
    If you want to finish their storylines, you're supposed to do quests for them, not murder them.
    Last edited by shopkins; 10-23-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

Quote Originally Posted by shopkins View Post
    I agree with you. It is both egotistical and immature for someone to tell people they're *enjoying the thing they enjoy too much,* while they on the other hand are a superior creature who knows the true objective worth of things. What impulse drives someone to see people enjoying something and tell them they're wrong and should stop?
    Nobody here is saying 'you enjoy fps, yer wrong, I'm right'. I fail to see how people can come to a thread that is all about bashing popular games and get defensive. No one said stop playing, no one is saying that only noobs play fps...
    They are, um, how does one say...
    Answering the OP.