Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Default Most Valuable Gaming Franchise EVER

I am not asking most popular
    or what your favorite franchise is
    or why this ones better then this or whatever

I was watching a show sunday night (well the repeat cause it was on at the same time as Walking Dead). Called Curiosity on discovery channel. They ask celebs or people of power to ask a question and then basically answer it for the people at home.
    Donald Trump hosted the last one and he asked.... What is america as a whole worth. Every tiny molecule that makes up america. What is it worth if we were to outright sell it to say china for whatever reason.

And it made me wonder about the financial situation of video games as a whole.

My question to you DP members....... What is the most valuable video gaming franchise to ever exist.
    And when I say franchise I mean a game that ties to other games or shows or movies or merchandising ect ect ect.
    games about movies or shows don't count (otherwise disney related games would own obviously).

No take in for instance Super Mario brothers.
    There is dozens and dozens of video games and computer programs related to the series like Mario Teaches Typing.. Mario Kart. Super Smash Bros. ect ect ect
    We have all these tshirts from the typical advert shirt to the typical shirt that displays a icon like "1up" or whatever.
    Then you have the tv shows like the sunday super show.. and the classic cartoon series.
    Then the ill fated Super Mario Bros movie.
    Then franchise being used in stuff like soundtrack albums. and concert series (like video games live) ect ect ect
    the countless toys and stuff like that

What is the most valuable gaming franchise ever.

I mean i know people are gonna spring instantly to Super Mario brothers... but what if maybe its a underdog.. maybe a newer franchise say like Call of Duty? or Halo? or Final Fantasy?
    Last edited by Collector_Gaming; 11-15-2011 at 01:40 PM.