Thread: How long to wait in black friday line for ps 3?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How long to wait in black friday line for ps 3?

So I really want to get a PS 3 holiday bundle on black Friday. How long do you think I show up in advance to wait in line? Keep in mind that walmart has black Friday item store maps online. I wonder if 3 hours is good enough. If I can’t get one there at 10 pm it’s off to another store for the 5 am sale. Thanks.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Go to a radioshack or kmart. You'll have better luck at getting one. There are many retailers that will have the same bundle for the same price. You can even get it on Amazon.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, Radio shack and K mart are my backup plan. There both located in the same mall so if I cant get one at walmart at 10:00 I'll be heading to the mall at 1 or 2 am and then just go to the store with the shortest line.

I have also been keeping my eyes on amazon. Now I just need to figure out a game two grab for it. I'm leaning towards batman arkham asylum or sonic generations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Honestly, I don't think the bundle is so freaking amazing that millions of them will sell out. I'm guessing if you're at a store at 9am you'll prolly be able to get one. I'm interested in the same bundle, but I don't want to pay sales tax, so I'm going to try to get it via Amazon. Supposedly, sometime on the 25th, the $199 bundle will be available via Amazon, so that's the route that I'm taking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

FYI the sale at Wal-Mart may start at 10pm, but all the hot items (Consoles, TVs ect...) don't go on sale until Midnight.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exit View Post
    FYI the sale at Wal-Mart may start at 10pm, but all the hot items (Consoles, TVs ect...) don't go on sale until Midnight.
    Are you sure about the consoles not starting untill 12:00? Looking at there add it seems there including them in there toys and more section. There on page 8 wich is the red section and it says starting thursday at 10 Pm. The other electronics are in the green section wich says the sale starts at 12. Thats if the color codes mean anything.

http://localad.walmart.com/Walmart/E...POVBlackFriday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Well it looks like they've changed it, which wouldn't surprise me since home office loves doing that at the last minute, so looks like what I've said can be disregarded. I guess it's a smart move on their part, since selling the consoles early will (hopefully) lessen some of the crowd by Midnight, but chances are it will only cause more confusion than necessary.
    Last edited by exit; 11-23-2011 at 03:22 AM.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I don't know about PS3, but I've seen commercials on TV saying they have Wii on sale at 10 (some exclusive blue model that I think looks pretty ugly, but I digress) so at least some consoles are on sale then.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exit View Post
    Well it looks like they've changed it, which wouldn't surprise me since home office loves doing that at the last minute, so looks like what I've said can be disregarded. I guess it's a smart move on their part, since selling the consoles early will (hopefully) lessen some of the crowd by Midnight, but chances are it will only cause more confusion than necessary.
    looks like i am not the only wally employee here, but yea most of the consoles infact are going on sale at 10pm.

also every store is a jumbled mess with the event items, for instance in my store the map online says that xbox 360's will be infront of womens apparel right as people come in how ever since the stores open 24hrs it'll get passed up.

buudget movies are over by infants.

at my wifes store, budget movies AND games are tucked away in a corner in the back of the store also by infants..

i have a feeling that the maps are going to be useless and its going to get all jumbled up

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    looks like i am not the only wally employee here, but yea most of the consoles infact are going on sale at 10pm.

also every store is a jumbled mess with the event items, for instance in my store the map online says that xbox 360's will be infront of womens apparel right as people come in how ever since the stores open 24hrs it'll get passed up.

buudget movies are over by infants.

at my wifes store, budget movies AND games are tucked away in a corner in the back of the store also by infants..

i have a feeling that the maps are going to be useless and its going to get all jumbled up
    Crap, I was hoping the map would give me abit of an edge. Do you know if the stores are getting alot of them or just a handfull? Thanks

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by 98redM6 View Post
    Go to a radioshack or kmart. You'll have better luck at getting one. There are many retailers that will have the same bundle for the same price. You can even get it on Amazon.
    Yea, I'm going to go to GameStop at 5am (it's a small town GS) to get mine. I'm not even going to attempt to buy one at Wal-Mart unless one is just sitting there. I'll be there tomorrow night because my aunt and uncle are going for other stuff but it's not a big deal if I can't snag one.

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Honestly, I don't think the bundle is so freaking amazing that millions of them will sell out. I'm guessing if you're at a store at 9am you'll prolly be able to get one. I'm interested in the same bundle, but I don't want to pay sales tax, so I'm going to try to get it via Amazon. Supposedly, sometime on the 25th, the $199 bundle will be available via Amazon, so that's the route that I'm taking.
    I only want that bundle to replace my old 40gb. Once I sell the games (I guess I'll get $60-70 for both, already played LBP2 and don't care for R&C) and sell my old PS3, I'm basically getting a new one for free. I can't complain about that. I don't think they'll be hugely popular this year especially with that $99.99 Wii. Someone might get killed over one of those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jaruff View Post

Once I sell the games (I guess I'll get $60-70 for both, already played LBP2 and don't care for R&C)
    You should already start an Ebay 24 hour BIN for those games, because Ebay will get totally flooded with them very soon, they will be hard to sell for $45 combined within a week.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    You should already start an Ebay 24 hour BIN for those games, because Ebay will get totally flooded with them very soon, they will be hard to sell for $45 combined within a week.
    I would but I'm going to be out of town for a week and I won't have regular internet access. If/when the prices go down, I'll just wait for them to go back up. Not in a hurry to offload them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rlemmon View Post
    So I really want to get a PS 3 holiday bundle on black Friday. How long do you think I show up in advance to wait in line? Keep in mind that walmart has black Friday item store maps online. I wonder if 3 hours is good enough. If I can’t get one there at 10 pm it’s off to another store for the 5 am sale. Thanks.
    Target, Walmart, Gamestop, Radio Shack, Toys R Us, Best Buy and Paul only knows how many other places will be having this deal going, so A) you really shouldn't have to wait in line and B) you might actually be able to get it online at midnight(or when ever each store's sales start) if you don't feel like going out. It might sell out in small volumn stores but I'm pretty sure there will be a good amount of stock available thru out Thursday and most likely Friday as well.

I'm the one who has to fight for my deal because Best Buy is the only retail location(out of all the ones I listed) that has the 360 250 gig bundle for $199. Everywhere else is only selling the 4 gig version, either with or without Kinect. So while you get to waltz into any of those stores at anytime you like to get your PS3, I actually have to fight with grandma over the last 360 bundle. She better be rocking her kevlar because I'm playing for keeps this time
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Peach (Level 3) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How long to wait in black friday line for ps 3?

Depending on population I'd guess 2 to 4 hrs? And I agree with the lesser know places to get one. Good luck, you'll love it!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got there four hours before the sale started and got one I was the 2nd person in line and they only had 24 of them. I'm glad I went early.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rlemmon View Post
    I got there four hours before the sale started and got one I was the 2nd person in line and they only had 24 of them. I'm glad I went early.
    That's awesome, enjoy!!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks dude, I'm gonna fire up sonic generations as soon as the walking dead is over.