Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: December 2011 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default December 2011 Finds

Well I actually found some of this stuff yesterday on the 30th but since I just got home now is as good a time as any:

UFC 2010(360) $7.50
    EA Sports MMA(360) $9.50
    Marvel Vs Capcom 2(PS2) $7.19
    Kinect Joyride(360) $9.99

I grabbed all of these at Best Buy. Sometimes they actually have good used games, as was the case with MVC2. Kinect Joyride was a black friday special and the other two mma games are weirdly priced clearances.

Nintendo DS Carrying Case $2
    Final Fantasy Japanese Toy/Collectible Thingie $4
    Smallville Paperback 50 cents

These were all Goodwill finds. I still don't have a DS yet but I might as well be prepared. It's funny how this Goodwill always has cases for Gameboy Advances and DS systems but when ever they get the actually units in they are always missing the chargers. The Final Fantasy thingie was just sitting on a shelf in the book aisle. It's looks like an xmas ornament but I think it's just a random collectible. And the Smallville book was a pleasant surprise because that was one of my favorite shows.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

you got marvel vs capcom 2 at bestbuy?

i didnt know they got that sort of thing in their used. i've noticed some wally worlds have used games aswell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    you got marvel vs capcom 2 at bestbuy?

i didnt know they got that sort of thing in their used. i've noticed some wally worlds have used games aswell
    Sure did. They usually get a bunch of bullshit but when I saw that the other day I grabbed it. I needed a disc to complete my manual and case only copy but even if I had a complete copy I couldn't pass on one for that price. Gamestop still sells that game for atleast $30.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Sure did. They usually get a bunch of bullshit but when I saw that the other day I grabbed it. I needed a disc to complete my manual and case only copy but even if I had a complete copy I couldn't pass on one for that price. Gamestop still sells that game for atleast $30.
    That's incredible. I picked one up at Goodwill for $4.99 CIB. I didn't know they were worth THAT much.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Once upon a time MVC2 on PS2 was money in the 75-100 range easy. With the PSN/XBL release and MVC3 showing up... yeah it's taken a huge hit. Still a great game though.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Snagged up a Yakuza 4 on PS3 from Wal-Mart today for the Black Friday price of $10. I would have figured it would have reverted back to it's MSRP but I'm happy to have gotten it since I missed it on Black Friday.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    Snagged up a Yakuza 4 on PS3 from Wal-Mart today for the Black Friday price of $10. I would have figured it would have reverted back to it's MSRP but I'm happy to have gotten it since I missed it on Black Friday.
    A lot of the poor selling/older games will stay at BF prices until they're gone. Stores are trying to clear out inventory for next year.

I also snagged the last copy for $10 on BF. Also grabbed Singularity for $10. Didn't have a lot of luck with older finds the past week; a copy of Vigilante for the Master System and some old books.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First finds of December! ^_^

Visit my blog at www.retrogaminglife.com ^_^ You won't regret it!

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

OK day today...

After my loyal customer discount at the pawn shop, the NES games and Mario and Luigi GBA were a toal of $14. The rest were thrift finds: 2 for the Vsmile game, 3 for Dr Brain (Mac, or I woulda passed), the PS2 network adapter was $4, and the Game Gear Game Genie and the JagLink were .99 each
    Not big money on the JagLink of G Genie, but htf and cool. Trading them to mikesides.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These aren't video game finds but I know some people here like the ninja turtles so here it comes!

Have a great weekend ^_^
    Visit my blog at www.retrogaminglife.com ^_^ You won't regret it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

Today's thrift run was ok...

.25 for PC Karnov and DOS Shadow Caster. Can't find any info on Karnov, any help value-wise would be appreciated. $3 total for the GBA games, $1.50 for Jak, 1 for the DC sports thing, .50 for the Tamatown thing, 2 for the Pokemon game, $3 for Khet (a cool laser-chess type game), and $2 for 2 of the 3 halfs of Manbearpig
    But the cool find, and probably the most profitable was this:

10 bucks, but I never see fischertechnik stuff in the wild at all, and an Apple II Interface Didn't even know they existed. Any help on the potenial value of this would be nice too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Among recent finds, I grabbed Tecmo Super Bowl PSX used in the wild. o_o
    Lum fan.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I got two CDs in the mail:

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut
    Squirrel Nut Zippers - Christmas Caravan

Those were $5 shipped. Astute readers (or people with weird memory) may remember that I found a bootleg Pink Floyd two disc set called "The Final Cat" back in October 2010... well I saw this album for sale at $1 so I said, why not.

Oh yeah, when I got back I was greeted by my main boot drive shitting itself so I just spent the past four hours reinstalling Windows on a spare drive, and I have no idea if I'll be able to recover my documents and games. Merry fucking Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by FamicomFreak View Post
    These aren't video game finds but I know some people here like the ninja turtles so here it comes!

Have a great weekend ^_^
    Those are so cool,great find.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by FamicomFreak View Post
    First finds of December! ^_^

That Blue N64 is from what I was told to be the hardest one to find..A member here has been asking me to find him one for the longest..He probably will see the post since he sees mine...I have a N64 controller that is in two colors,one color matches that N64..

I have the translucent Red N64 myself ..

That Xbox is Awesome..

Great Score..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

The Last of the Load.

If you’ve been following my Mass SNES/N64 game pick-up from the one guy then this is the last of it..(as far as he says)

I didn’t go hunting yesterday,I have this kick me in the head can’t stop sneezing cold that I didn’t want to make worst.

I haven’t been bed ridden sick in at least 10 years so I’m trying for that not to happen..(I am pissed though that I might had missed that big find)

I did go to an indoor Nighttime 5 to 10pm flea market last night to meet up with my friends and friend vendor..

My friend vendor game me the box of Mini Hess Trucks to sell as he’s had no luck selling them..The empty Game cube box(just no system) I picked up for $5.00 from a lady selling for charity.

Otherwise there was nothing worthwhile

I met up with the guy again,and as he says this is the last of it,he’s been digging in boxes and threw in anything extra he could find such as NES manuals,Geneses book,and a game VHS tape..

He hasn’t located games that he sold me strategy guides for so they are a never to be had..

The lower NES games boxes have no game in them..

My friend who led me to this find usually buys all the NES stuff off this guy but I haven’t heard from him,It’s like he fell off the side of the Earth..

I’ve been putting everything up on ebay as fast as I can.I have a lot listed now and a lot more to go..

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    The empty Game cube box(just no system) I picked up for $5.00 from a lady selling for charity.
    I know it was for charity, but... Damn! who tries to sell an EMPTY BOX for $5?!
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

Videogamerdaryll, your finds never cease to amaze me!

I had a good day today. Mikesides and I went to the thrifts and pawn shop today. Works out well, cause he's got most every NES game and lots more than I do, and he doesn't sell much on Ebay, so he got a single game today that he needed (sorry bro!), and I spent $70.

$1 each for the NES games, .50 each for the 2600 carts, .50 for Beverly Hills Cop Betamax, $3 for sealed mac/pc Myst III, $4 for sealed PS2 DDR Extreme, $1 for the MtG cards, $4 for the Wavebird (no Battery cover) with reciever, $3 for the switchbox, $4 for the 360 power supply, $9 for Pokemon Fire Red, and $7 for the Cabbage Patch Kids Phonograph with box and paperwork.

$2 for the kid's clock toy, and $10 for the Rockband Drums. The tag said 'like brand new', but I still took a look before I bought it:

Yeah, that looks about right

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    I know it was for charity, but... Damn! who tries to sell an EMPTY BOX for $5?!
    You would be surprised.

Anyway, I picked up a SNES with five games (mostly expensive $10-20 apiece titles) for $40. A bit high but it's an easy sale during the holiday season. I helped someone out and will make a little money in the process. Also picked up a copy of Zelda: Link to the Past for $3 (another copy was in that lot so now I have two) and Super Caesar's Palace for $1. Finished off with five games for $2 each including some PS2 RPG's and GC games. I can't remember the titles off the top of my head because I haven't removed them from the car yet. Would have bought more but the other games were common or had a lot damage. That's usually how it goes.

Oh yea, and a loose Saturn with Virtual Fighter 2 for $3. It's very dirty but it's a Model 1. Hopefully it works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

I KILLED IT this weekend. I was VERY happy with my finds.

Levi's 70's Era Denim Sherpa Jacket. Made in USA. Has some slight stains, most of which came out in the wash. This thing is twice the quality and finish than my current generation Levi's sherpa. I really don't want to part with it, but it's up for sale/trade for the right stuff, or a TG-16 setup.

BECAUSE

Games were $2.99/ea and the joystick controller was $4.99. The cord is a little loose, so I'll probably crack it open and super glue it back into the stress reliever.

Me and the wife LOOKED and LOOKED for the console and associated, I even asked someone who worked at the ARC and they said that the games came in yesterday and that was all they had. The pins on the cards are PERFECT, seems like they have never been played, they all have their associated plastic condoms too!