Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

This is my last "finds" post for 2011. This was about 2 weeks time, through various sources, friends, CL, thrifts, ect. The total of all these pictures is about $150 give or take $10.

Noteable items:

Driver 2 for PS1 sealed, but case cracked and discs loose ($4.99 @ ARC)

Pinball for CD-i, first CD-i game I've ever seen in the wild ($2.99 @ ARC)

Wii Fit board (just purchased the game for $2.50) works ($6.99 @ Goodwill)

Both Xbox360's need lasers, no RROD

Sega Pico with outer box, manual and 5 CIB games ($20 @ Dallas Craigslist)

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geezuzkhrist119 View Post
    I seen videos on YouTube of solderless fixes. Do you know what type of battery it takes?
    From pics of the board I can find online it seems to need a CR2025 battery. A lot of those solderless fixes really just seem wrong to me, if it's just taped in place it'll come loose if you drop it. Idealy it should have a battery holder soldered into place so you'll never need to solder again to change the battery.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I pulled my back out bad,Yesterday..I could not even stand..Frustrated I kept trying and trying as I’m stubborn ..I hate being bed ridden and laying in the bed hurt more so I decided to go poke around with the wife, kids and go see if I can run into any garage sales-sit in the van and look....
    Garage sale had the Gamer chair below for $20.00 and a mini air Hockey Table for $20.00 FIRM...I passed
    Went over to the flea market,scattered vendors,low turn out..Walking real slow-I could hardly walk but needed to go on the hunt..
    Ran into very tall guy who looks for old game stuff,I asked him if he was a fellow Digital Press member,He said no but he had been to the store when I told him about it’s connection to the website,gave him the DP site info and hope to see him on..
    He was in the start of his game hunting life so he was just starting to have fun..

..Exercise is key for me so after walking looking like I was dying,my back came alive and I felt better..This lady gave me a bin of like 60 VHS movies for free(she offered),some misc DVDs,and made dvds..so I had to go get the van quick as the Vultures came out pouncing once they saw something for free given away .. I felt so bad taking the VHS tapes and bin that I gave her $7.00 and she was so darn happy.Here I go dragging this huge bin to the van with my bad back..

Picked up the Vintage Truck for $10.00(was 20 then 15 I offered 10

Xbox 360/Ps2 Games were $3 ea or two for $5 ..The Sega Super Stars Tennis is duel sided,has the Live Arcade disc and had a second Sega Super Stars Tennis inside.
    So I grabbed that and SNK for $5.00.....(the only two games on the table)

Gears of War 2 and Shadow of Destiny..another vendor, the only two games on her table(right out in the open)..I already have two copies of Gears of War 2 for multiplayer with my Son,but my other So has his own 360 so he could play with us..It has an unused map pack card in it too.
    $5.00 for Gears of War 2 and $3.00 for Shadow Of Destiny
    ...I almost passed these two games up,it’s spending money that I should not..I barely buy things that I’ll keep unless unique.
    But there was this guy huffing over my shoulder as I looked at these games,his right hand was out waiting for me to put them down when they’ve been on the table all day..Another Vulture,waiting to hear price and for me to put them down..I turned and have him such a WTF look,turned back and said to the vendor<l buy these just to shrew away this vulture on my back...I knew the vendor and she started cracking up we got to talking about how many times this happens..she’ll have something on the table for weeks then one person gets to looking at it and 10 more run to see what the person is looking at then want it

Before I left I saw an electric blue dirtbike(razor) UHG!!..If you know me and mu hobbies I wanted it..but..I didn’t want to get the $100.00-$50.00 or even 40 price tag coming out of this vendor who I knows mouth..as the bike is banged up,looked like it hit a tree..filthy,dead battery and no charger..This bike is a great project for me for my kids but not at even $40 as the one my son has is like new and he got it there for $40.00 with Charger...This tall skinny bald head guy is a Englishtown every week seller incase anyone who goes there ever sees it I’d love to know what he wanted for it..

The most thing I’d love to find today at a Flea Market is a Honda CRF50-XR50 or China made version of either(Baja) for my Son..

On my way home I passed(had to) the garage sale with the Gamer chair and mini air Hockey Table...Both were in the Trash at the curb with every thing else piled that didn’t sell..But they puched a whole through the to mini air Hockey Table(so sad,could not sell it so destroy it) ..and they yanked out the speaker volume adjustment box out of the side of the chair..I took the chair as I don’t use the built in speakers anyway..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Do those Pokemon games still save? Yellow shouldn't really be a problem but just about every copy of Silver or Gold I come across have dead batteries.

So funny as I have a yellow that still saves..

Yes these others,reds etc all have dead batteries..

I'd love to know if there is a solderless fix as I'd do it as I have several to fix..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

From pics of the board I can find online it seems to need a CR2025 battery. A lot of those solderless fixes really just seem wrong to me, if it's just taped in place it'll come loose if you drop it. Idealy it should have a battery holder soldered into place so you'll never need to solder again to change the battery.
    Thinking about using a glue gun? to keep the tab on the battery-cover it....now I have not looked into the repair much so it may not work..my fear is that I sell the game and it comes loose..I can do the soldering but am abit scared to say explode a battery..,I'm finding it hard to get the batteries for GBA games..,or atleast cheap.
    I'd but the who replacement battery on clip if someone sold them(cheap enought that I could still profit on the carts after repair.

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    I can do the soldering but am abit scared to say explode a battery..,I'm finding it hard to get the batteries for GBA games..,or atleast cheap.
    I'd but the who replacement battery on clip if someone sold them(cheap enought that I could still profit on the carts after repair.
    This. I give the dead battery ones to my nephews (they don't care), or sell em in big lots. I need to check out a local store soon, but that'll be the end of that search if not. I'll be trying to find a good clip that won't require soldering to change batteries in the future.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Thinking about using a glue gun? to keep the tab on the battery-cover it....now I have not looked into the repair much so it may not work..my fear is that I sell the game and it comes loose..I can do the soldering but am abit scared to say explode a battery..,I'm finding it hard to get the batteries for GBA games..,or atleast cheap.
    $7.25 for two batteries with tabs:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NEW-BR2032...#ht_500wt_1180

there is also wire glue, don't know how well it would work:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Repair-DIY-N...#ht_930wt_1165
    [url]WWW.EVG2000.com[/url]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by evg2000 View Post

Thank you

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Technically those are the wrong battery, it's a bit thicker than the proper one but it has a different discharge current than the proper battery(difference between BR and CR). It could still work though, I'm just not 100% sure.

These are the right ones, and they're cheaper. I never heard of this company though.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pc-VARTA-CR...item1c2204daa5

I would really prefer to solder in a holder and just use regular batteries without any need for more solder, it would be way easier to change batteries in the future. I still wouldn't bother replacing the batteries for these Pokemon games, they'll just go dead again in a few years. Whenever I find working ones I only sell them for $10 so it's really not worth it for me to repair them. There are places that sell cheap holders but you have to order a minimum number of them, usually 500 or 1000 of them in bulk.

Here's some holders that could possibly work for gameboy games.
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/31...ry_holder.html

Or possibly on ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-CR2032...83012166822075

There is someone on NintendoAge that apparently replaces batteries and includes a holder, though he says that there isn't a proper holder available that fits in a Gameboy cart so he just solders in a new battery.
    http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...threadid=31878

It feels like I've spent way too long searching for this stuff.

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

As Daryll said, thanks.

Technically those are the wrong battery, it's a bit thicker than the proper one but it has a different discharge current than the proper battery(difference between BR and CR). It could still work though, I'm just not 100% sure.

These are the right ones, and they're cheaper. I never heard of this company though.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pc-VARTA-CR...item1c2204daa5

I would really prefer to solder in a holder and just use regular batteries without any need for more solder, it would be way easier to change batteries in the future. I still wouldn't bother replacing the batteries for these Pokemon games, they'll just go dead again in a few years. Whenever I find working ones I only sell them for $10 so it's really not worth it for me to repair them. There are places that sell cheap holders but you have to order a minimum number of them, usually 500 or 1000 of them in bulk.

Here's some holders that could possibly work for gameboy games.
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/31...ry_holder.html

Or possibly on ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-CR2032...83012166822075

There is someone on NintendoAge that apparently replaces batteries and includes a holder, though he says that there isn't a proper holder available that fits in a Gameboy cart so he just solders in a new battery.
    http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...threadid=31878

It feels like I've spent way too long searching for this stuff.
    Thanks to you as well, Gameguy. You did a bit o legwork there!

And you're right about the games fetching 10ish, but if you sell a lot and change the batteries, you can get $20ish even 30 isn't unheard of. So if you end up with a stack of deadies, keep that in mind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Firs...item53ea4a166d