Thread: KOF Orochi Saga - is this one of Rugal's abilities?

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default KOF Orochi Saga - is this one of Rugal's abilities?

Okay guys, something VERY weird just happened to me while playing this on my PSP.

I'm playing as Team China (Athena, Sie Kensou, Chin Gentsai). This was my fourth attempt to beat Rugal. I've got the PSP plugged into a power supply.

On this take, his first form killed Athena but was beaten by Chin. So I skipped the cutscene and round two began and... Chin wouldn't do anything. I don't mean I couldn't do the moves or any of that, literally NONE OF THE BUTTONS WERE WORKING. Not even the select button which brings up the pause menu. Fearing the worst, I quickly put the PSP in sleep mode, then turned it back on.

Now, when I did this, Chin had over half his health left and we were in the middle of the stage. When the system powered back on, suddenly I was at the right-hand end of the stage and Rugal had been declared the winner over a fallen Chin. When Sie came out, the controls all worked as normal, and they've been fine ever since.

This is not a joke or a creepypasta. This really ****ing happened. And it's pissing me off. I mean, SNK's bosses are notorious for being cheap bastards, but if that extends to BEING ABLE TO LOCK OUT YOUR CONTROLS, then I'm going to stop playing their games. Period.

So has anyone else had this happen?

EDIT: Actually, now I'm quite sure I activated a glitch. I just got another one: it declared a round PERFECT when I had actually lost over half my life.
    Last edited by Edmond Dantes; 12-02-2011 at 06:44 AM.