Thread: Jane's Combat Simulations AH-64D Longbow for PC? Limited first edition?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Gideon Zhi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Jane's Combat Simulations AH-64D Longbow for PC? Limited first edition?

This doesn't appear to be a reprint - not a "Gold" edition or a "Classics" edition or anything like that. Which is cool! But I can't even find this sucker on eBay so I have no idea what I might be able to get for it. There's an unfortunate tear on the inner cover (it's got one of those flip-open deals) and the box isn't in great shape, but it includes all the inserts - control reference card F-15E Hawk Flight School user guide, "This Box Contains:" black-and-while booklet, a fold-out ad for Jane's ATF, The Official Guide to Jane's AH-64D Longbow, and a *ginormous* spiral bound "Jane's Combat Simulations AH-64D LONGBOW 1996 First Edition" spiral-bound manual. Only thing it DOESN'T have are the two game discs. Whoops. But hey, it was $2. I figure I can get those elsewhere and sub 'em in.

What the hell am I looking at here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

I have really fond memories of this game, thought I'd just throw that out there

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon Zhi View Post
    This doesn't appear to be a reprint - not a "Gold" edition or a "Classics" edition or anything like that. Which is cool! But I can't even find this sucker on eBay so I have no idea what I might be able to get for it. There's an unfortunate tear on the inner cover (it's got one of those flip-open deals) and the box isn't in great shape, but it includes all the inserts - control reference card F-15E Hawk Flight School user guide, "This Box Contains:" black-and-while booklet, a fold-out ad for Jane's ATF, The Official Guide to Jane's AH-64D Longbow, and a *ginormous* spiral bound "Jane's Combat Simulations AH-64D LONGBOW 1996 First Edition" spiral-bound manual. Only thing it DOESN'T have are the two game discs. Whoops. But hey, it was $2. I figure I can get those elsewhere and sub 'em in.

What the hell am I looking at here?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Janes-Longbo...item3f0d19e8c3

I'd say $49.99 is a bit high (I have several Jane's titles including this one) but it might be worth $20-40 (with discs) to the right collector/sim enthusiast. I know the original is a bit harder to find.

Most Jane's titles, at least to my knowledge, still retail for 10-20+ depending on condition and type of game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

Quote Originally Posted by Jaruff View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Janes-Longbo...item3f0d19e8c3

I'd say $49.99 is a bit high (I have several Jane's titles including this one) but it might be worth $20-40 (with discs) to the right collector/sim enthusiast. I know the original is a bit harder to find.

Most Jane's titles, at least to my knowledge, still retail for 10-20+ depending on condition and type of game.
    I didn't know this, I'll pick them up if the price is right.