Thread: GBA SP Shell Replacement Hinge Problem

Peach (Level 3) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default GBA SP Shell Replacement Hinge Problem

Got a replacement shell and when I went to put the hinge holder pieces back in, the two on the sides of the case, I can't push them in place all the way. I've tried everything but there're almost all the way in but not all the way in place. Anyone else ever have this problem? Any suggestions on how to get all the way in place? I've tried everything I know but the plastic hinge cover( a small plastic piece that fits on top of the hinge part) seems a little too big and won't go any farther. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thegamezmaster View Post
    Got a replacement shell and when I went to put the hinge holder pieces back in, the two on the sides of the case, I can't push them in place all the way. I've tried everything but there're almost all the way in but not all the way in place. Anyone else ever have this problem? Any suggestions on how to get all the way in place? I've tried everything I know but the plastic hinge cover( a small plastic piece that fits on top of the hinge part) seems a little too big and won't go any farther. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
    If you are referring to the round hinge pins, the key is to align the notches in the frame they are easy to reinsert but may take some patience. I think they may need to be inserted into the side they came out of. Sometimes inserting it partially then opening and closing it while still pushing works.

Peach (Level 3) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default GBA SP Shell Replacement Hinge Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    If you are referring to the round hinge pins, the key is to align the notches in the frame they are easy to reinsert but may take some patience. I think they may need to be inserted into the side they came out of. Sometimes inserting it partially then opening and closing it while still pushing works.
    Thanks for the advice. Tried that and just about everything else but still won't go in all the way, so won't lock into the upright position if you know what I'm talking about. Oh well, I tried.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thegamezmaster View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Tried that and just about everything else but still won't go in all the way, so won't lock into the upright position if you know what I'm talking about. Oh well, I tried.
    Are you using an aftermarket part or is it an original case? It could be a bad case.